It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns Of New 'Axis Of Terror' And Middle East Terror A 'Declaration Of War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Gillerman, on Tuesday warned of a new "terror axis" between Iran, Syria and Hamas, which could kick start "the first world war of the 21st century." Addressing the U.N. Security Council on a quarterly session to discuss international terrorism, Gillerman asked council members if their governments would agree to al-Qaeda or the Kurdish group PKK running in elections. "Imagine al-Qaeda or the PKK running in elections? A dictator's democracy is a dangerous false impression," Gillerman told the Council. Gillerman warned of Hamas' venture in politics, saying "the world is witnessing a new alliance between Iran, Syria and Hamas, which
constitutes an axis of terror."

news.yahoo.com
Israel warned Monday that a new "axis of terror" — Iran, Syria and the Hamas-run Palestinian government — is sowing the seeds of the first world war of the 21st century. The Palestinians accused Israel of an escalating military campaign using indiscriminate force to kill civilians and entrench its occupation.

The Israeli and Palestinian envoys traded charges at an open Security Council meeting held in response to the recent upsurge in Israeli attacks in Gaza. It took place on a day that a Palestinian suicide bomber struck a packed fast-food restaurant in Tel Aviv, killing nine people in the deadliest bombing in more than a year.

Recent statements by the Palestinian government, Iran and Syria, including one by Hamas on Monday defending the suicide bombing, "are clear declarations of war, and I urge each and every one of you to listen carefully and take them at face value," said Israel's U.N. Ambassador Dan Gillerman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How close are we to World War 3? Has war been declared? It seems that the Suicide Bombing in Tel Aviv was the last straw for Israel. But will they take action against Palestine? Will it come before the 28th when the Security Councel meets next. Palestine, and Syria have pledged to aid Iran if attacked, will Iran aid Palestine if attacked by Israel?

Related News Links:
news .yahoo. com]Israel Says Middle East Terror A 'Declaration Of War

[edit on 17-4-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here is a link I just found. It seems that Israel is going to have a meeting with top Israeli advisors on Tuesday to decide weather or not to launch an offensive on the Palestinian Authority.

Israel weighs assault on Palestinian Authority

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will convene top advisors on Tuesday to decide whether Israel should launch an offensive against the Palestinian Authority following a suicide bombing, government sources said.

Israel declared the Palestinian Authority, formed under 1993 interim peace deals, a "terrorist entity" after Islamic militant group Hamas won legislative elections in January but has so far refrained from military attack on its leaders or institutions.

While moderate Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas condemned a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv on Monday that killed nine people, Hamas called it "self defense" against Israeli crackdowns in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Israel Weighs Assault On Palestinian Authority

[edit on 18-4-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here`s a bit on the recent bombings and there`s a video at the link showing the aftermath of Hamas`s supposed "self defense"against Innocent civilians.
Link

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
From the article it sounds as if they are may choose to wait a bit to see if US pressure on Hamas will do the trick. Sounds as if Olmert also has to gain a governing consensus.

I wouldn't think the Israeli's would be willing to wait through too many more bombings, though.

How hard do you think they will strike at Hamas? Do you think they will opt for a full-out attempt to destroy Hamas in Palestine?

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So what does everyone else think about this artical. I want to here everyone's opinion. How close are we to World War 3? Has war been declared? It seems that the Suicide Bombing in Tel Aviv was the last straw for Israel. But will they take action against Palestine? Will it come before the 28th when the Security Councel meets next. Palestine, and Syria have pledged to aid Iran if attacked, will Iran aid Palestine if attacked by Israel?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well now I don't think it was the last straw at all and from what I can read, Israel has decided against direct action at this time. If such acts keep up though all bets are off. The Israelis do not have a history of turning the other cheek.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes, i predict that there will be a cooling time, where we will all discover that America totally supports Israels perspective here, and soon will do its bidding (not)...

Come on people... Does it surprise you that Israel is thumping the war drum?

Understandably... but dont think we are stupid, ok.
See related thread:Study finds Pro israel lobby influences american mid east policy

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
sounds like axis of oil and b.s to start more bombing and waste people lives on what so a barrel of oil can go up yeah.yeah do it insight war insight fear and the leaders of doom will laugh all the way to the bank.people unite and reform the madmen for no one is at there post of humanity............

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hmmm... Better get those NHY stocks then, because Russia will be the replacement oil-giant when the middle east is blazing.

People should learn to see through these things, and to make money from the things they can't change.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Christian IX]

I'd like my 6000$ back too, so I can invest them in 40 more shares.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Christian IX]

new topics

top topics

join