It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How come in the bible they started from Jesus' his birth an then skipped to age 27 i think. what happen in the 27 years i look in my moms bible an i cant find anything in that time. What happen to his teenage years they say he never did anything wrong but can you really belive a teenager never doing one thing wrong??

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WELL nothing important happened really, smoked a few joints, fell out with his dad ,had some fun with the ladies then got back on the right path.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well what do you expect them to say? Would you want them to waste space by writing about how he went and argued with the church leaders or did whatever? Also who would have documented this? I have never heard of Jesus himself writing anything but I could be wrong. Also I am not saying that what is put into this book was well selected at all,but I don't see any relevance. Also this could back up several idea's such that he never existed.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Lol see why would they jsut not talk about it cause no matter what anyone says no one can not do something bad till there 27. I think they left it out cause it would make the whole belief a lie then would have to lose the idea of the perfect man. I see what your saying about that but he couldnt do anything till 27? so right when he turns 27 he can do all that stuff liek turn blood into wine an all that. did he just wake up an say look what i can do?

[edit on 17-4-2006 by reggindriver]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have always been under the impression that there was actual history on Jesus' childhood and teenage years written in the Bible; however it was banned by the Catholic Church. Now whether that is fact or not, i'm unsure.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by reggindriver
What happen to his teenage years they say he never did anything wrong but can you really believe a teenager never doing one thing wrong??

I forgot to mention this in my previous post. But really they can edit whatever they like or choose to omit certain things done by their savior. So I wouldn't trust that even if his teenage years were added that they would provide any evidence of his...lack of...godliness

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Jesus was in fact preaching the Word and lived according to His Fathers wishes.

I remember reading somewhere that there are old writings from India that mention a teenager wise beyond his years had come to a temple to study. I'm actually going to go and dig around the net to see if I can find that link, it was a long time ago but I remember it being interesting.

Has anyone else heard/read about that?

EDIT: there are many links regarding the idea of Jesus going to India

[QUOTE]According to the written legend of St. Essa, at thirteen years old…he was to take a wife; which was their custom at the time. The prospect of such an idea for the young lad must have frightened him. Instead, he ran away to see the world. The young Essa went off to find answers to life, the universe and everything. Where did he go? Essa traveled by sea and land until he arrived at the Indus Valley at age 14. He studied the Vedas and the Upanishads with the Brahman priests. He spent 6 years in Northern India studying the scriptures. He then moved North to the Himalayas, the land of those who follow Buddha. Essa left India in his 26th year. Later, he journeyed to Athens, Greece and Alexandria, Egypt. Essa learned secret knowledge at the great Library. His final teachings apparently took place inside the Great Pyramid. At twenty-nine years of age, he ’returned to Palestine to fulfill his destiny.’ [/QUOTE]

source of above quote

[edit on 17-4-2006 by fattyp]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
see thats my point he had to do something bad to be banned. how can you ban someone you worship's life out of every thing? what would have had to been so bad that you ban the thing you care about the most it doesnt make sence at all. an if they edit it out then what ever they teach is a lie the kids that grow up thinking jesus was perfect then someone brings this up there just gonna me like blown away cause they never got tought about his early years in life.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by reggindriver]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

see thats my point he had to do something bad to be banned. how can you ban someone you worship's life out of every thing? what would have had to been so bad that you ban the thing you care about the most it doesnt make sence at all.

Or maybe the writings never existed as I had mentioned earlier. He, himself never wrote anything, and I doubt he had a scribe following him, so getting a story of his childhood could only be depicted if he wrote it.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
there had to be someone following him if his birth was how it is said in the bible when he was born i think 5 profits came there an a star shined down on him. an then the virgin marry was stoned to death for not being married an having a baby who took care of him after that they show nothing about after she dies.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm unsure i'm following you on that, The Final. He was supposedly born of the Virgin Mary through a miraculous conception...I believe stories would have been written about him and he would have been followed to a certain extent. After all did Jesus actually write the Gospel as an adult?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

there had to be someone following him if his birth was how it is said in the bible when he was born i think 5 profits came there an a star shined down on him. an then the virgin marry was stoned to death for not being married an having a baby who took care of him after that they show nothing about after she dies.

Yes they may attend his birth but why spend their next 27 years recording his actions? I do not recall the Virgin Mary ever being stoned to death or her death at all mentioned in the bible. I am not certain but I believe she cried when Jesus carried the cross but then agian I could be wrong. I will see if I
can look through an online bible to find some passages to support this. But please by all means find bible passages that shows Mary's death by stoning.

EDIT: To adress Zenlover28 in one post rather than double post.

Originally posted by zenlover28
I'm unsure i'm following you on that, The Final. He was supposedly born of the Virgin Mary through a miraculous conception...I believe stories would have been written about him and he would have been followed to a certain extent. After all did Jesus actually write the Gospel as an adult?

If that is true and he was amazing from birth, then why was it that he had to proclaim who he was when he was an adult? Wouldn't you guess that people would already know who he is if he had stories told about him when he was younger? So knowing that he made his image of the Son of God in his later years and no previous writings about him other than prophecy it would be safe to assume that no one took note after his birth. Also the story of his birth could have been assumed because of what was written in prophecies. Also I do not recall any writings of Jesus in the bible, all the books of the bible were letters. I would guess that Jesus would use "I" or "me" but this is not the case. But I am positive that Jesus himself never had any writings.

[edit on 4/17/2006 by The_Final]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
[
Yes they may attend his birth but why spend their next 27 years recording his actions?

Well, please by all means tell me that if someone wasn't born to a Virgin now they wouldn't be hounded to death?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Well, please by all means tell me that if someone wasn't born to a Virgin now they wouldn't be hounded to death?

First I would like to indicate that I replied to one of your posts in my prior post. Just saying this to make sure you see it.

On the idea of a Virgin birth by today, first we would have to have proof. Also there is the idea of faith which heavily plays a role in the story. People could have assumed that this were a lie. Also this idea may not have been played on originally because of how odd this sounds and also to protect Mary from such people that may "hound" her to death. Also in this new age of rapid data, we would find this out rather quickly. Back then, there were only word of mouth, also who would go on telling everybody that this were a Virgin birth? Only two people were aware that this was a Virgin birth: Mary and Joseph, why would they put themselves into harms way? The idea may have been told later in order to back up the Son of God status Jesus obtained. Or it could have been a fabrication in order to add to the "proof" they had of his being.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
thats what im saying i learned all this from my family that thats how he was born an all that other stuff. and marry was stoned to death cause back then just having sex before marrage was a sin and punished by death. but no one says anything about his younger age it might not be in the bible but its no where to be found. an tell me this jsut put his birth and marry all aside. if a 27 year old carpender came up to you an said im the son of god would you believe it at all with no writings of childhood? i know about probably 100% would say hes crazy. so then that comes to a point did he even exist??

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
be sides what happen after jesus' death what stuff happen?? he was resirected then thats it where is he now he has to me immortial then he was resirected it all ended nothing else no more meracles no more him he just vanashed. they say they left him an when they came back hes gone how does that work. jsut cause hes gone what makes it that he jsut got up an walked away how do they know someone didnt steal the body or something.an if he ment so much to them why would they leave him like that jsut laying there wouldnt they have put him in the ground cause no one wants to see him rotting away like that. every thing the bible says or anyone teaches like that is going against human nature. we would never act liek they did if a 27 year old carpender told me hes the son if god i would tell him to get lost an if my mom died i wouldnt jsut leave her there i would burn her or barry her why would i leave her out in the open like that? so i can come back an see her starting to rot?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

be sides what happen after jesus' death what stuff happen?? he was resirected then thats it where is he now he has to me immortial then he was resirected it all ended nothing else no more meracles no more him he just vanashed. they say they left him an when they came back hes gone how does that work. jsut cause hes gone what makes it that he jsut got up an walked away how do they know someone didnt steal the body or something.an if he ment so much to them why would they leave him like that jsut laying there wouldnt they have put him in the ground cause no one wants to see him rotting away like that. every thing the bible says or anyone teaches like that is going against human nature. we would never act liek they did if a 27 year old carpender told me hes the son if god i would tell him to get lost an if my mom died i wouldnt jsut leave her there i would burn her or barry her why would i leave her out in the open like that? so i can come back an see her starting to rot?

After Jesus's Death he came back met with the Disciples. Proved that he came back from the dead to fufill prophecy and then ascended into heaven. That was what was written in the Bible, and since that is the only source on the subject it tends to be one sided. Ok notice how we haven't had any real prophets doing miracles for the past, I dunno lets say 2,000 years? Because people learn things like, the Earth is round, lighting is caused by the clouds and not angry Gods. We wise up and we learn that is why no one is saying that they are the Son of God, we wouldn't believe them. Where is this information coming that he left his mother out in the open? I would really appreciate some bible passages to back this information up.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh dear. You really need to read Chapters 1 & 2 of Matthew. Jesus was born the King of Jews and of a Virgin and yes, word spread all over according to the Bible.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
the reason i believe there is no account of jesus early childhood could be because he had to stay hidden from satan and presumably all who would write about him

2:16: Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked by the wise men, was exceedingly angry, and sent out, and killed all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all the surrounding countryside, from two years old and under, according to the exact time which he had learned from the wise men.

would'nt you hide if your life was at stake??

[edit on 18-4-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I was taught through the religion that I was raised in that the 3 Wise Men were sent to find baby Jesus by King Herod. Of course they followed the star and found him. Then they had dreams that night about not taking the baby to the King. Mary and Joseph also had prophetic dreams and therefore went to Nazareth where Jesus lived during his childhood. After King Herod died an Angel appeared to Mary or Joseph (can't remember) and told them. However, the exact date or year of King Herod's death has been disputed. But, i'm almost positive Jesus was still a young boy at the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join