It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Immigration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Let me start off by letting everyone know I dont support racism, and if i express beliefs in this post that make you believe so, please understand its not the color of ones skin that warrants my comments, its the content of their character. With that said, there is a serious problem going on in America. I'm no scholar, but i will tell you how i feel. I cant get a job. Immigrants have taken all the labor jobs, and their spouses take the non labor jobs. I dont care what you say, its true, at least where i live. In New jersey. Now if taking my job isnt enough,( and i say my job because i am born and raised in america from a family who has been here for a VERY long time and i feel i am entitled to employment), they have now started to take other things. They drive uninsured and it made my insurance go up. They abuse the healthcare system,and we see how that worked out. I mean i'm not gonna knock them for not being good at english, but to not try is offensive to me. If i'm at a place ordering food, the employer should know better than to give a person who cant speak english a job where you have to communicate. Let them wash a dish instead. The problem is mexicans. I dont hate them. I dont feel this way because they are short and different. I feel this way because out of all the illegal immigrants that come here, they comprise an abusive majority. THey are abusing every system we have. Not just that, but they make cash , dont pay taxes, and instead of reinvesting back into the economy, they spend that cash at mexican owned stores. They refuse to learn english, and even demonstrate by waving the mexican flag. I'm an american, and all of this isnt fair. If we destroyed america , do you think they'd let us go to mexico for a better way of life? hell no. so why should we let them. They dont even like us. Who ever said we had to be so politically correct? This is an invasion of our country and nobodys doing anything about it. All the whiny babies that want them to be legalized and all that are probably sitting in a cushy job somewhere and dont even ponder the chance that they'll be speaking spanish in 20 years. Saying all this is not racist, cause its not because of their race. Its because of their actions and character, or lack thereof. When is america going to wake up and realize that were gonna be a 3rd world country. Mexicans arent coming to america, Mexico is. Wake up and take a look at the world around you. Pretty soon itll be too late.....

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What ever happened to all of us being Human Beings?

Why are you entitled to a job any more than some body else? If you are more qualified for a job, then yes you deserve it. Being American does not qualify you for a job. If you came to Canada would you expect me to get a job over you, simply because I have lived here my whole life, No!

You say your words are not racist, and maybe you believe this but some of your thoughts are. Your thoughts and stereotypes are all stemming from the fact they are Mexican, Nothing more! You have no information on any of these human beings crossing the border and looking for work to earn a living, but simply listening to whatever stereotype you may hear.

I understand its probably not the best thing for the economy, for so many immigrants to be tossed into the system.

Before the truth came out behind what the Nazi's were doing to the Jews over seas, we turned down countless ships and sent all the Jewish settlers back to face their inevitable death. Are you proclaiming you should do the same with the Mexicans? Maybe alittle bit of a harsh comparison, but the same tendencies are seen.

America is the strongest and greatest nation on earth, With great power comes great responsibilities.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I agree with Chissler you are not intitled to a job just because you lived here longer. Thats one of the problems this country has today, most of the younger people believe they are intitled to everything.

The one thing i dont agree with Chissler on is calling them immigrants. Some of them are but most are ILLEGAL immigrants, there is a difference.

If you cant find a job your not looking hard enough. Remember the military is a job, enlist and serve your country. give something back instead of crying because some one who just moved here got a job you think your intitled to.

I dont feel this way because they are short and different. yeah thats not racist.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Why dont we just round them up and put them in like a third world country in the middle of the US. That way we can stop our jobs from going to china.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Why dont we just round them up and put them in like a third world country in the middle of the US. That way we can stop our jobs from going to china.

Because they are human beings and they don't deserve backhanded comments like that.

Since when did you become better than them?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdubs
Let me start off by letting everyone know I dont support racism,

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but racism isn't just about the color of a person's skin. And starting off with this disclaimer is almost a sure sign that the rest of your post is going to be pretty darn racist. And sure enough it is.

I cant get a job... i feel i am entitled to employment),

This is America, buck-o. If you can't get a job and feel you are entitled to a job, you don't understand how this system works.

The problem is mexicans. I dont hate them. I dont feel this way because they are short and different.

Yeah... You're not racist at all.

Saying all this is not racist, cause its not because of their race. Its because of their actions and character, or lack thereof.

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word racist. You spend half of your post defending your racism!
You are grouping all people of one race into a group you call 'they' and applying many negative characteristics to 'them' and then trying to convince us that you're not racist? You're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

But thanks for the laugh.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
hey, don't get down on Kdubs, I'm sure some of his best friends are short and funny lookin with a lack of charecter.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Not just that, but they make cash , dont pay taxes, and instead of
reinvesting back into the economy, they spend that cash at mexican
owned stores.

Now tell me, do you serioulsy believe that just because these stores are
Mexican owned that the money is not being reinvested into the US
economy??? I can understand the argument being used when paired with
the fact that a portion of their money does get wired to their native
countries. But c'mon man.... if its a bussiness in the US chances are that
taxes and all of that are being paid, legally.
And dont think that Im just talking for the sake of talking. I do have an
above average understaing of how to work a business. My parents own
thier own Jewelry store. And the rest my family has or has had their own
business at some point in time as well. I myself am a CAD Manager for a
multi-million dollar enviormental graphics design company. And I am a 22
year old Mexican, wOOt!

But my nationallity had nothing to do with me being hired. It just like stated
previously, it had everything to do with my business and schooling
qualifications, nothing else.

Also, yes there are illegals that come here to break the law, but the
majority of people that immigrate to the US come here with nothing but the
best intentions. Mainly to make a better life for them and their future
families. So if you are telling me that all of these people should be
reprimanded, I think the US populace should start with itself, because most
of the ancestors for the present US populace also came here by
immigrating here. And i know there's a big difference between legal and
illegal immigration, but maybe at least one person will understand where
i was headed with that.

But don't get me wrong, I am in no way advocating illegal immigration. But
sometimes the people that chose to immigrate here this way have
absolutely no choice in doing so. But that in itself does not make them a
morally corrupt person. They are just trying to survive. Just like any human
being would if put in such a situation.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The truth about racism, is that usually the racist doesn't realiaze they are racist as they feel their hate and prejudice for a race of people is justified, and can give all sorts of examples and logcal reasons to back their hate up.

Let me start off by letting everyone know I don't support judging or mocking others...

Let me start off by letting everyone know I dont support racism (snip)

The problem is mexicans. I dont hate them. I dont feel this way because they are short and different.

Let me keep re-reading those two statements...nope, still don't make ANY sense....I'll plug along...

THey are abusing every system we have. Not just that, but they make cash , dont pay taxes, and instead of reinvesting back into the economy, they spend that cash at mexican owned stores. They refuse to learn english, and even demonstrate by waving the mexican flag. I'm an american, and all of this isnt fair.

Explain to me again how hating an ENTIRE race of people because of their race, their country of origin, isn't racism????

... and stereotypically pigeonholing them to ALL be illegal immigrants, stealing all the jobs from American's that "deserve" them, then not paying taxes, or contributing to the economy...do you really NOT see how blatantly racist you are being?

I am honestly surprised you didn't attack them further by accusing them ALL of poor personal hygiene, or blaming all violent crime in America on them or some other racist rubbish-but nonetheless, you managed to make the most typical racist slurs.

Do you realize how ignorant the following statement is?

Saying all this is not racist, cause its not because of their race. Its because of their actions and character, or lack thereof.

So, every Mexican lacks character, huh? And this is not racist? Say again?

Let me spell it out for you, in PLAIN English, one AMERICAN to shamefully another- YOUR STATEMENTS ARE BLATANTLY RACIST.

Dang, in Tucson, AZ I lived about 2.5 hours from the Mexican border, and most signs/literature, at least in govt offices were in English and Espanol, and many people complained about the illegal Mexicans and local problems because of the numbers of them, but still I never knew of a more racist person against Mexicans-than you.

I cant get a job. Immigrants have taken all the labor jobs, and their spouses take the non labor jobs. I dont care what you say, its true, at least where i live. In New jersey. Now if taking my job isnt enough,( and i say my job because i am born and raised in america from a family who has been here for a VERY long time and i feel i am entitled to employment)

Oh, let me dab my eyes, I am honestly welling with tears here for you now. *snif*

AH, I don't know if you've seen a professional about this, but I can tell you, I think you suffer from the "entitlement syndrome", well you aren't alone many suffer from this. The best cure is to get off your ass and get a job and try to work your way up to what you think you are "entitled" to.

As an American, you aren't just entitled to a job, but are MORE LIKELY to get one from places like Burger King and McDonald's than an illegal immigrant from anywhere, and you are probably more qualified since you already speak fluent English...or are you entitled to a better job than that?

I really like the idea someone else had, that you join the military! There is a job every American is entitled to! And if you ask me, many are obligated to too...say if you aren't going to contribute to the economy and hold a job and pay taxes yourself...or if you want to make sure our country remains strong against the threat of becoming the United States of Mexico... if you are a proud, strong, hardworking American...Uncle Sam is calling your name-ENLIST!!!

But beware, the military accepts all American's regardless of race, religion, gender etc, so you'll have to curb your prejudice some, but maybe it will help you in that endeavor....there are openings now, entry level, and it's not just a job...it's an adventure!

...with job security to boot! Your problems are solved!

(They will even train you, and you can get education benefits to pursue higher education and thus help you in becoming more marketable in the event you decide not to make a career out of the military.)

Good luck in your endeavors-especially UNDERSTANDING racism and over coming your possible laziness, entitlement syndrome, root fears and hate.

Saying this is not mocking you, it is my wish for you.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by think2much]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
think2much...

Great post!

This seems to be another thread, that a member creates and never comes back to after follow up.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
original poster:

USE PARAGRAPHS FOR THE LOVE OF TOM CRUISE BEING TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET!

kthx.

cant force mahself to read that chuuuunk

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
as i stated before, its not because their mexican. its because mexicans come in to our country illegally in 9 to 15 times the amount that anyone else does. its an abusive amount. and its not mexican ancestry that i'm hating on, its illegal criminals that stand in our streets demanding things from legal people who have been here for quite some time, with no supporting idea's other than that they messed up their own country so they want to start new on our developed and healthy infrastructure.

and chissler, you got some heavy talk for a canadian. why dont u come to new jersey and see what i mean before trying to take a (snip) stance on were all people and human beings. yeah? so were the indians. too bad.

i'm no politician, and i never claimed to be a philosopher. and maybe i didnt post back because i have more important things to do for a couple days then play on the internet. it seems to me that everyone who supports the illegals are well off and have some job they want to come on here to brag about. news flash (snip), when they crash the economy, your not gonna have a job. lets see what tune you sing then. when some guy they just let out of a mexican prison comes across and slits your kids throats and then rapes your wife for the 5 dollars that their government wont allow them to recieve because of the ridiculous corruption down there, then tell me i'm a racist and stupid. i'm no humanitarian, as i never claimed to be. i grew up in new jersey where you have a bunch of crazy illegals from everywhere you can imagine that hate you cause your white. its not racism its a defensive point of view. i have friends who are mexican. but they also speak halfway proficient english. they are not the ones i'm worried about. i'm worried about the guys i'm not friends with who cant speak a lick of english and walk down the street in packs of 9. the same ones who have been stealing my bikes since i moved here. and thats not bull# that fact. come to new jersey (snip) .....

[edit on 19-4-2006 by kdubs]
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2006/4/21 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

and chissler, you got some heavy talk for a canadian. why dont u come to new jersey and see what i mean before trying to take a suck ass liberal stance on were all people and human beings. yeah? so were the indians. too bad.

Way to take the high road. Thats a great defense.

How about trying to defend your argument rather than constantly lashing out at everyone.

news flash dick head

Exactly how old are we here?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

it seems to me that everyone who supports the illegals are well off and have some job they want to come on here to brag about. news flash dick head, when they crash the economy, your not gonna have a job. lets see what tune you sing then.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by kdubs]

Ok first of all I was not even close to begin bragging about my job. So
excuse me for being proud of one of my accomplishments in MY life so far.
The only reason i mentioned that fact was because I wanted people who
read my post to have some background on me so it would be easier to
understand where im coming from.

*sighs* I actually had more to say here. But I realized something. You
have obviously already made up your mind. You can go on ahead and
think thats its the illegals fault. There is an underlying problem here that
is so much bigger than you care to even consider. But see thats the beauty
here, you are entitled to your own opinion. So go ahead, keep thinking
your not racist. Because its not your fault.... its the mexicans fault.... :shk:

Oh shoot that means im at fault now.....

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

when some guy they just let out of a mexican prison comes across and slits your kids throats and then rapes your wife for the 5 dollars that their government wont allow them to recieve because of the ridiculous corruption down there, then tell me i'm a racist and stupid.

Your not stupid, nobody here from what I have read ever proclaimed you to be stupid. If they did, then they would of been in the wrong. The racist side of the coin however, I do not know if I can defend you on that one.

i'm worried about the guys i'm not friends with who cant speak a lick of english and walk down the street in packs of 9. the same ones who have been stealing my bikes since i moved here. and thats not bull# that fact. come to new jersey and then feed me your liberal canadian garbage.....

Why is everything I say liberal Canadian garbage? Why does everything have to be a direct shot at the individual?

How about reading my post where I said...

Originally posted by chissler
Why are you entitled to a job any more than some body else? If you are more qualified for a job, then yes you deserve it. Being American does not qualify you for a job. If you came to Canada would you expect me to get a job over you, simply because I have lived here my whole life, No!

And then explain to us why you are more entitled for a job since you are American.

Originally posted by chissler
America is the strongest and greatest nation on earth, With great power comes great responsibilities.

Anything?

Or are you just going to spew us with hate?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
kdubs: nevermind them, they are all offenders of escro's law. They have no first hand knowledge of what they speak and just spout bleeding heart rhetoric that illegals rely on to further their illegal agenda.

I do agree with them about you getting off your butt and finding a job or enlisting though. No man is entitled to anything in this country and its that mindset that has gotten us in the pickle that we are in now. Its not fair i know, but unfortunately life is rarely fair.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

kdubs: nevermind them, they are all offenders of escro's law. They have no first hand knowledge of what they speak and just spout bleeding heart rhetoric that illegals rely on to further their illegal agenda.

No I do not have any first hand accounts of how immigration is affecting the economy and employment opportunities in the US. But I am damn sure alot of people in the world who also do not have first hand accounts know alot more about it than some Americans themselves.

Again, All I am asking is how kdubs who is a True American is more entitled to a job over somebody else, simply because he is American.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
All of this is moot anyway because illegals arent supposed to be here in the first place, yet alone working here! Im sure that i dont need to post the websters link to the definition of "illegal" or "trespasser" though
We can wordsmith all day about our choice of verbs, but in the end it falls back to that single point of why are they even here unimpeded? Kdubs may feel he is entitled to a job over an illegal and legally he would be right if you take the law into effect. I, like you, dont share that view on entitlement but im giving him the benefit of the doubt in assuming that hes not using that as a crutch so as not to get off his butt and work himself out of this run of bad luck.

Kdubs, If youre still a young man then why not enlist? Youd be amazed at the doors that open up to you when you are a veteran, not to mention the training, travelling, GI bill, etc...something to think on.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Escrotumus...

First impressions are big. And from what I can judge from you is that your a do it your selfer and your willing to help out. kdubs has a valid point, but the way he is producing it is where he flaws. You however sympathize with his point and attempt to help. I applaud you for that.

What I see in kdubs is a bitter young man who is trying to point the finger for his misfortunes.

I am the farthest thing from living a comfortable life. I am trying to pay my way through to recieve an education, while eye ball deep in debt. So if I were placed in his scenario maybe I would be frustrated as well. Alls I am trying to do is have people understand these peoplare human as well. They too have a family to feed and have to make whatever stride they have too.

Not all men from Mexico are in jail, and not all are going to perform the actions kdubs is painting them with. Immigration can not be a scapegoat for your problems, and as Escrotumus has said.. enlist in the services. Options are at your disposal, you just need to put your finger down and get out.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I see a lot of confusion between racism and ethnicism here. This discussion is about ethnicity, not race. Mexicans, hispanics, etc., are not races.

That being said, I'm getting the distinct impression that the original poster is painting all individuals that appear to be Central American with the same dirty brush. Regardless of the legality of their visa status.

I'm absolutely positive you would find it offensive if I characterized the citizens of New Jersey as ignorant goobers based on your post. That wouldn't be fair, would it?

I'm sure there are some members of that ethnic group in the U.S. that are thieves, liars, lazy, etc.,...but you know what?....I'm willing to bet that as a percent of the population, there are far more good ole', flag-waving, American, white boys, with the same attributes.

It's not right to blame an entire group of people for problems that most of them did not cause.

NC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join