It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i a racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I really don't think so lets take rap music for instance, if i have a problem with this it talks about killing ,raping ,disrespecting women all rap is not like this i understand that, and being a white man and most rappers are black and call them on this so called music does that make me racist?and lets say I'm watching the nightly news program as a white man i'm looking at all these clips of people in the middle east blowing themselves up along with innocent people and children, all in the name of religion sawing peoples heads off and being told that they want to do this to me and my children does this make me a racist when i express my lack of understanding why there getting the virgins and I'm getting mad.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
nah more like stereotyper
IMO IRL.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't see how anything you just said constitutes you being a racist. Saying it is common for a rapper to be black rather than white is a factual statement not a racial slur. Your problem seems to be with what they are saying and their treatment of women, again thats not racial, its a dislike for the rap industry.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i always been more of a monotyper.

btw not all rap is about killing
not all ppl in middle east support terrorism

dontcha love the infobytes they throw at you on tv?
my fav was hearing bill oriely read 50 cent lyrics haha and his hating on ludacris.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
thank you chissler there's a little argument going on here at home

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i have been thinking about SRS system

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
For what it's worth:

I know of a black man who posts on some of the same forums that I do on the Internet. He gets dissed by other black guys for "acting too white" because he doesn't dress like a thug and listen to rap.

Seems to me that there are a lot of black people out there who think that to truly be black, you have to look/act/dress like a thug and go down the street with the bass up really high.

They're doing themselves and their race as a whole a huge disservice, IMO. My husband calls it the "African-American 'culture.'"

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
you are not being racist because you dont like those things. I dont particularly like country music. IT has become to much like rock and roll. I have actually switched to listening to classical music..Bach, Motzart etc etc. I have acquirred a taste for it. I do this for one other reason too. They dont play half of the insulting type of commercials they do on AM Stations and also on most of the FM bands to sell thier junk ...all their junk.
I get tired of being bombarded by this stuff. I am not yet ready to purchase a sattelite radio but this is how I handle it. Either that or play albums.
It is the same with Television...TV to often appeals to the lowest common denominator to sell their junk. It becomes a matter of how much of this dumbness you want to tolerate ..as to them bombarding you with it ..from any source. People try to get over on you by labeling you a racist for being so selective. THey do not ever stop to think about how ignorant or on the string they are by defining themselves by a way of dress or conduct or what products they consume to be part of this lifestyle.
It is up to you to be and learn to discern this type of treadmill. Merchandizers and the programmers of these radio and television stations will reduce your ability to discern this nonsense by appealing to the lowest common denominator in thinking..in anyone. It matters not as long as you buy into thier junk. Understand??
THere is nothing wrong with your thinking..you are just discerning about what I call the lowest common denominator ...dress or conduct.

I have heard black peoples complain about other black peoples..singled out who do not tow the stereotype of black culture. This is in fact racist. No one wants to tell or speak of what it really is... These people just know it is not conducive to getting along or the in the work place in the long run..and dont want to play such racist games. I take my hat off to them. This nonsense doesnt make good nonsense no matter who is doing it. It is group think.

Keep up the good work and thinking. Also keep up the learning process.
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

I have heard black peoples complain about other black peoples..singled out who do not tow the stereotype of black culture. This is in fact racist.

Bingo. That's pretty much what I was getting at. It's like people are trying to enforce the stereotype on themselves, see what I'm saying?

How white or black you are (haha) should not depend on how you act!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It has become my provincial opinion..that people are what they are on the inside not on the outside
However ..when you speak with certain peoples it often becomes very obvious that what they have of substance is actually mostly on the outside. The inside is quite empty. This statement may be strange to many but it becomes obvious when you learn to see the fruit....become a fruit inspector.
When all some people know is on the outside ..in the flesh and the consumables of the flesh...they are very empty shells on the inside. THe amazing thing to me is how many dont have a clue about this. They are running and running and running and running on a tredmill and trying to keep up with the latest rage. They tend to think that this is excellence.
What I am describing is not a new concept. It can be found if one reads the history of ancient nations very carefully. It is a concept one would be hard pressed to find in history lessons today..in public schools.
A properly raised person is not enamoured of the flesh ..does not boast of the flesh, the external flesh and the works of the flesh. This is not how they measure what is worthy in life. Nor do they try to put others on this treadmill..by intimidation, group think or advertising seduction. THese people know another standard.
In the application described by Skitzo..it is obvious as to how racist it is.
But I am sure you already know all of this Amethyst.

By the way...as I recall awhile back I saw your post where you dont celebrate Xmas. I dont either. Gave it up years ago..when I found out some real history. OTher holidays either. I gave up on all of them. All the days are the same now .....what a relief to get off that treadmill.

THanks for your post.
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If you are judging people based on their race, then you're racist. IF you think rap is stupid, but thats it, then you're not racist. If you don't have a problem with arabs, who can be and are christian, jewish, muslim, etc, but think that killing people over some silly god is a bad idea, then you're not racist. If you think all arabs are idiots, you're a racist. If you think muslims are devilworshipping tools, then you're a bigot.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
YES, YOU ARE!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

My fault, I just had to have a post where someone called you a racist. Hey, you asked.

new topics

top topics

join