It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If u believe in any religion then u cant dismiss ufo's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I never really understood why people who believe in divine worship are so quick to dismiss all ufo cases as hoaxes, when there is more proof that aliens exist than there is for any religion. There is no physical proof, besides century old scriptures, that any religion is correct. So i want to ask u guys why you believe in your religion and if u believe in Aliens.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree completely, like my fellow Europeans, we don't do religions, oh except muslims.

I personally can't understand why people believe in religions so much. At least with aliens there is a real statistical probability that we are not alone in this vast universe. Whether they are visiting us is another story.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am not a religious man. However, my religious friends tell me it all has to do with faith, and that one cannot fathom the "power of faith" unless one has faith. Maybe they're all just delusional, i don't know, but "faith" is why religious arguments, up to this point in history, are completely futile. They say spiritual faith cannot be understood by non-religious people. We say faith is nothing but a delusuional sham. Who is right? I don't know, because we can't prove spiritual faith is actually real or not real.

I would think a rational religious person, a christian, for example, would welcome UFO cases...maybe true UFO spacecraft are what was described as "angels" in biblical times...i mean, how could they explain a flying craft back then? They would just say it had wings...that's the only way they thought things could fly, with wings...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Now I believe Christ is a divine being and died for all of our souls. However, when it gets into Christian technicality sometimes it gets blurry to me. Although, I am pretty sure that most religions including Christianity believe that humans are the only intelligent beings. I could be wrong, but I remember reading alot about how finding even micro-organisms would conflict with christianity.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The discovery of sentient extaterrestrials would not contradict the Bible. Fallen angels were cast out from the heavens and they are not, apparently, found on Earth. Furthermore, those angels wouldn't have thought they were superior to humanity if they were not sentient or larger than micro-organisms. Micro-organisms would not contradict the Bible because the Bible, in fact, demands the existence of sentient extraterrestrial beings.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostInThought
when there is more proof that aliens exist than there is for any religion. There is no physical proof, besides century old scriptures, that any religion is correct.

What is the 'more proof' for the existence of aliens? Anything more than 'century old scripture' will be considered.

NC

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
I would think a rational religious person, a christian, for example, would welcome UFO cases...maybe true UFO spacecraft are what was described as "angels" in biblical times...i mean, how could they explain a flying craft back then? They would just say it had wings...that's the only way they thought things could fly, with wings...

A rational religious person? is that not an oxymoron?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Some people need religion.
They suspect it may have a strong genetic link.

That said, according to many high level religious people, aliens do not contradict scripture and probably do exist. One RCC Cardinal in particular, whose name escapes me, has written and spoken about the matter. His take on it is aliens are definitely not angels or demons but something else entirely.

Some other theologean wrote a long time ago, it doesn't make sense for God to have just humans and angels. There is probably something higher up the chain than human beings, but still not on the same level as an angel.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostInThought
I never really understood why people who believe in divine worship are so quick to dismiss all ufo cases as hoaxes, when there is more proof that aliens exist than there is for any religion. There is no physical proof, besides century old scriptures, that any religion is correct. So i want to ask u guys why you believe in your religion and if u believe in Aliens.

May be you can give me feed back on these crafts that i have been filming from 1999/2006 over midlothian scotland.
Seen many ufos all my life now i am starting to film them you are all welcome to view these crafts and will post clips of the footage and will add more pictures as i am taking from footage i will post them.

lsufos.com...

top topics

join