It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BBB is the Biggest Corporate Conspiracy out there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The BBB is the Biggest Corporate Conspiracy out there.

First of all they hide under the guise of being non-profit. They do this to help with public perception so they seem more consumer friendly, less corperate friendly.

The BBB is the last option for many individuals between getting completely ripped off or getting their money back.

BBB even though it is non-profit moves with the efficiency of any beaurecratic office. Often times cases can take several months to resolve, this I call corporate stall tactics.

The BBB helps companies of any kind, stiff-arm(stall) their consumer for a refund for up to a few months. During this time many people lose interest, hence the Company wins.

Another way the BBB helps the corporate world is it helps it avoid lawsuits.
By mediating it saves not only the consumer but also the company money when pursuing a return of purchase.

While this may appear to the average individual to be a greater good, because it saves both the individual and the corporate world from losing money in legal fees it also avoids bad products from getting taken off the shelf. The BBB disguises itself as being consumer friendly but in the long run they are just protecting the corporations interests.

To those that don't already know, Buyer beware.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I agree... BBB is good for business, not so good for consumer.

I work for a Fortune 300 company, and they take their BBB complaints very seriously, at least to the degree they will all be responded to. Essentially, all the BBB cares about is the total number of complaints received, and that the company responded to the consumer's complaints. A large company can get LOTS of complaints and as long as they respond to the complaints in a timely fashion (Even if the response is 'too bad, we are right') they will retain a good rating with the BBB. The BBB very rarely, or never, make a determination of fairness of the company's decision.

join