It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran gives $50million to Hamas, who in turn supports Islamic Jihad's killing of 9

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Yes the great Mirror of reflection that is always righteous and always unfounded and allegatory charges are leveled against them.

Your factual evidence to counter what I presented are where, exactly?

Like the silly little Western peace activist that got in the way of the tank and those dumb kids that went near the tank, or like the poor poor IDF Colonel 2 weeks ago on the news who was just so embarrassed and heartbroken that he could not visit the poor mentally handicapped jewish children in Great Brittain because he could not step off the plane due to the fact that he had charges of War crimes against him in that country.

And?

That poor fellow. False accusations of War Crimes are just so inconveniencing at times. He had to climb back onto his leerjet and head back home to slaughter the poor kids in Palestine again without a vacation. Poor innocent Israel always to be misaligned and so misunderstood.

What exactly does what you have said have to do with what I presented?
Your running wildly off tangent in your need to belittle the opposition.
I could have easily went off tangent on those poor innocent misaligned and misunderstood Palestinians. Spare me.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
First off, why should I bother, Seeker? You will just totally deny any source I put up. You done it dozens of times before and I find it tiresome and infantile so I am not going to bother.

Pot calling kettle black, Jakomo.
You won't bother because you can not counter or is that you can not provide?

Funny how your double standard shines through.

Indeed. Keep reading further.

Can’t Hamas, as a legal government, do whatever the hell it wants to with that money?

Your forgot to mention one thing: Hamas--a 'legal' government made up of terrorists, with a doctrine that explicitly calls for the utter destruction of Israel. And as a terrorist organization, Hamas is seriously faltering at any and all attempts at moral equivalence, regardless of them being elected 'legally,' funding and aid was www.khaleejtimes.com.../middleeast/2006/April/middleeast_April487.xml§ion=midd leeast&col=" target="_blank" class="postlink">cut off specifically because of their being a terrorist organization.

If Iran puts no conditions on the money (much as the USA does to the billions of dollars in aid it gives to Israel), then who’s business is it to question. Not yours.

The business here is that Iran sponsors terrorist and terrorist organizations--you know, I know it, the world knows it. Your right, Iran can give money to whom they so desire, but as the links I previously gave indicate, Iran has a nasty little habit of giving that money to terrorist groups and organizations, Hamas included. But again, that is their right, but it only confirms the obvious: Iran is a terrorist nation.

Can you prove in any way whatsoever that these monies are going to fund terror against Israel? Or is it just a knee-jerk reaction?

Let me answer it as you answered me, pot-calling-the-kettle-black Jakomo:
"First off, why should I bother, [Jakomo]? You will just totally deny any source I put up. You done it dozens of times before and I find it tiresome and infantile so I am not going to bother....Funny how your double standard shines through." Furthermore, how about you go first, since I asked what you are asking of me first or is it a knee jerk reaction that you can not?

All your articles are without by-line (as in, not affiliated with any ACTUAL news organizations), and your articles are ALL from Jewish sites (the IslamicJihad one apparently being one that only picks pro-Israel anti-Iran stories). Try a bit harder next time.

Let me quote you, if I may: "You will just totally deny any source I put up. You done it dozens of times before and I find it tiresome and infantile so I am not going to bother....Funny how your double standard shines through."
Try a bit harder next time or are you just giving a knee-jerk reaction?

So the money can ONLY be used for food aid? Aren’t they allowed defense spending? Can they buy rifles? Landmines, maybe? Remember, they are a country under military occupation for more than 30 years… They are under the boot of a powerful military, are they not able to defend themselves? You know, the right to self-determination? Can they start to train an army to defend their territory? If the will of the people is to do so, can they not democratically do it?

Geez, Jakomo, and to think all this time, I thought the Palestinian were indeed doing all that you have mentioned.

The will of the people indicates a majority, and having read the news, it seems that there were a sufficient number of Palestinians that did not agree with this Tel Aviv terrorist act. I do find it ironic, or do I, that you support such terrorist activities that will undoubtedly lead to that so-called "peace" and "freedom", huh?

Or, wait, can they only do things that don’t scare Israel? Or that Israel agrees with. Is that anything resembling freedom?

Do not contradict yourself, Jakomo. Above, you assert just how powerful that Israel is and how pathetically mundane and weak that the Palestinians are and now proceed to talk about Israel being scared of those innocent and weak Palestinians. You know as well as I do that if Israel simply choose to eradicate the Palestinians, that they could do it and do it without being "scare"d.

In the matter of Palestinians doing anything that Israel agrees with, again, since the signing of the truce, the Palestinians have committed 9 seperate acts of terrorism against Israel. The continued violence utilized by the Palestinians and there associated terrorist organizations and groups have yet to provide the Palestinians with a state, peace, or freedom. You would think they would get the message after all this time and find another way to politically gain a state, peace, and freedom, other than to keep utilizing acts and methods of terrorism--which have proven time-and-time again to not work. Do you support more acts of terrorism or peace, freedom, and statehood for the Palestinian people?

They ARE freedom fighters to everyone else practically, except Zionists. They are RESISTING the illegal occupation of their country.

No, they are terrorists claiming to be freedom fighters who habitually attack civilains. Real freedom fighters attack military or political targets, not innocent civilains.

Yes, of course, according to your logic, blowing up those "threatening" innocent civilians eating Falafel is most definately self-defense and resisting that illegal occupation, huh, Jakomo? I am quite sure Amnesty International and the like, including the defunct UN, will see it the same way as you, Hamas, and numerous Palestinians, etc. Freedom fighters, eh? :shk:

And as to Israel pulling back, pfah. They still continually shell Gaza, they still have checkpoint closings all the time, and the Palestinians are still under their yoke.

Israel "continually" shells Gaza why exactly, Jakomo?
Could it be because the Palestinian terrorist organizations and groups (Islamic Jihad, etc.) continue to shoot rockets and mortars into Israel from Gaza?
Tell you what, how about get Islamic Jihad, etc. to knock off the launching of mortars and rockets into Israel and maybe Israel will stop "continually" shelling Gaza and other areas, maybe?

Here's a productive thought for the Palestinians, the morally bankrupt and corrupt Hamas government, and the recently returned Gaza Strip:

* Quit building bombs, 'hate' indoctrination youth programs, and quit nedorsing and paying suicide bombers--saves money and tax paying lives.
* Quit paying Arafat's wife the money that Arafat himself stole from the Palestinian people, which would be about $900 million give or take a few million here or there.
* Quit destroying and looting the businesses (the successful greenhouse farming operations, etc) that Israel abandoned/left when they returned Gaza.
* Open some fancy resorts along the prime beachfront property of the Gaza and start promoting/advertizing safe and non-violent vacations for foreigners.
* Earnestly seek non-violent means and solutions (that means STOP building bombs and educating, endorsing, and indoctrinating youth to be suicide non-martyrs) to occupation, peace, freedom, and eventual statehood.

What'cha think? Highly unlikely though being suicide bombing and hate indoctrination has become the national past-time, huh? Blame where blame is due, but do not deny the blame that rightly should be accepted on one's own part--as such, the Palestinians are doing nothing productive to better their situation and cause--simply shooting their ownselves in the foot, repeatedly.

Bullcrap. They’ve always said that a two-state solution would please them. It’s Israel that is afraid of the consequences. Israel alone.

"Bullcrap."
Takes two to tango.

Too bad Israelis have killed 4 times the amount of Palestinians than the other way around. Kind of pokes holes in your “Aggressor as Victim” complex.

Still does not change what I asserted Israel should do and be assured, the message would be loud and clear.

LOL! Yeah, they’re weak because they’ve been under MILTARY OCCUPATION for 30 years. 30 years of subjugation and humiliation. That’s why. Not because they’re Palestinian.

Tissue? Call the defunct UN or better yet, call Amnesty International.

Because Israel is terrified of a strong, self-reliant Palestine, because Israel itself is corrupt and morally bankrupt.

About as corrupt and morally bankrupt as the Palestinians, those terrorist organizations and groups, and terrorist sponsoring nations like Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc., etc.?

Hey, don’t ask me, ask the whole non-Jewish world.

Does it really matter what the "whole non-Jewish" world thinks?
"Non-Jewish" sounds so Hitleristic, especially coming from you, Jakomo.
I always thought you were such the humanitarian type.
Anyhow, are they (the "whole non-Jewish" world) living through what the average Palestinian or Israeli has to endure day-in-day out? You place way tooooooo much credit and emphasis on 'world opinion.' When it comes to a struggle for life or death, be they Palestinians or Israeli, 'world opinion' be damned, especially when it is not your life or state on the line.

seekerof

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
are you joking? Israel, who are ironically, calling for Iran to be kicked out of the UN, are themselves violating quite a few clauses of their own, including the illegal occupation of land.

Let’s glance at the pillars of an ‘illegal’ occupation; you assume far too much.

The assumption:

There was in fact a sovereign state which existed prior to June 5, 1967, called “Palestine” that these disputed lands should ‘knee-jerk’ revert ‘back’. These disputed lands were gained illegally by Israel and the Palestinians have better title and rights to the territories.

The disputed territories were never part of a Palestinian state and do not belong to ‘Palestine’, period.

Prior to the Arab joint incursion in 1967, Jordan occupied the West Bank and Egypt the Gaza Strip as a result of an illegal ‘aggressive’ invasion in 1948. Jordan annexed the West Bank in 1950 only to be recognized by two states. In 1967 Israel gained the currently disputed territories in a defensive acquisition and defensive retention which is legal. There are a very few true arguments against Israel on this issue and there are tried rulings as well.

(Excerpt form a post I placed in another ATS forum to save time, the ICJ search function is still down)

Applicable Highlights: 1970 ICJ ruling.
Findings of Stephen M. Schwebel ICJ Justice, discussed.

-[snip]-

(c) where the prior holder of territory had seized that territory unlawfully, the State which subsequently takes that territory in the lawful exercise of self-defense has, against that prior holder, better title.

The facts of the June 1967 "Six Day War" demonstrate that Israel reacted defensively against the threat and use of force against her by her Arab neighbors. This is indicated by the fact that Israel responded to Egypt's prior closure of the Straits of Tiran, its proclamation of a blockade of the Israeli port of Eilat, and the manifest threat of the UAR's use of force inherent in its massing of troops in Sinai, coupled with its ejection of UNEF. It is indicated by the fact that, upon Israeli responsive action against the UAR, Jordan initiated hostilities against Israel. It is suggested as well by the fact that, despite the most intense efforts by the Arab States and their supporters, led by the Premier of the Soviet Union, to gain condemnation of Israel as an aggressor by the hospitable organs of the United Nations, those efforts were decisively defeated. The conclusion to which these facts lead is that the Israeli conquest of Arab and Arab-held territory was defensive rather than aggressive conquest.

The facts of the 1948 hostilities between the Arab invaders of Palestine and the nascent State of Israel further demonstrate that Egypt's seizure of the Gaza Strip, and Jordan's seizure and subsequent annexation of the West Bank and the old city of Jerusalem, were unlawful. Israel was proclaimed to be an independent State within the boundaries allotted to her by the General Assembly's partition resolution.

-[snip]-

Full Text

Where is Israel’s occupation of the territories “illegal”?

mg

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Boy that didn't take long. So the West won't give Hamas anymore money. Then Iran gives $50mil and the next thing you know "Boom!" they kill 9 people in Israel. Pathetic.

The US kills more civs in Iraq and Afghanistan than that on a regular basis, and Iran doesn't give us any money. Beat that!

Anyways, anyone here ever heard of Iran Contra? US sells weapons to Iran, our supposed enemy, and then uses the cash to fund terrorists in Nicaragua? Totally ruined the whole country; screw 9 people. That was pretty big during the '80s, but apparently you weren't around?

[edit on 18-4-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Iran-Contra, dont forget about all the coke that seeped through the border during that time, alot more drug money funded those groups - ARDE ; UDN-FARN ; FDN . Iran kinda of confuses the issue if you ask me. Ohh we sold arms to Iran, wtf ever. How about the crack explosion in south central and "the war on drugs".

** Everyone is guilty, dont get caught in the middle of the cross fire, thats where the man wants you, sucking his BS like a baby on tit.

A good book is "Drug War" - it talks about how drug money is great for funding aggressions or manuvers for control (from asia to S.America).

[edit on 18-4-2006 by pcxmac]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
[
The US kills more civs in Iraq and Afghanistan than that on a regular basis, and Iran doesn't give us any money. Beat that!

Anyways, anyone here ever heard of Iran Contra?

[edit on 18-4-2006 by bsbray11]

I think as in a court a law, "intent" is what I'm talking about. If the US intended to kill civilians for no military purpose then it's wrong. If it's an accident...say so and make amends the best you can. Strapping a bomb to yourself and going into a civilian area and killing people who are not actively trying to kill you is murder. Other people say that a terrorist act is the only way to fight back when you don't have a military. Well I'm not sure what the need was to "fight back" at this time, other than the rockets-shelling that apparently the militants started. Islamic Jihad considers "fighting back" to include eliminating the Jews from Israel and from the way I was brought up that's considered wrong.

I believe the US goal is ultimately to help the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan, not kill them. Did they go in there with that goal...nope. They wanted to eliminate the terrorists and protect the oil flow.

Iran can cut off the oil to the US at any time if they don't like the way the US acts, but they don't.

Iran backs Islamic Jihad and Hamas. Iran will someday have nuclear weapons. Perhaps they will donate a nuclear weapon to Islamic Jihad so they can have a "bargaining chip" or as the ultimate way to eliminate their enemy.

And not to get this thread going off in another direction but if people are ok with Islamic Jihad's and Hamas' actions then why couldn't someone in the US kill the Mexicans that are illegaly entering since they are taking over the homeland? Mexicans are "persecuted economically" and Jews were persecuted to an even worse extent. America is expected to open their arms, yet the Arabs are not?

Oh yeah Iran Contra...games are played everywhere, I understand that. But now we're getting to a point where nukes may soon show up in the hands of people that feel they have nothing to lose; the game is getting serious. The US and USSR were allies in WWII, that doesn't mean that things don't change.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What is terrorism?.

I would like a broad definition not a western one.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
What is terrorism?.

Unless you have a Chinese version of what "terrorism" is or how it is defined, most definitions of "terrorism" are Western in origin. Having said that, and being that determining a definition of "terrorism" is ever-evolving, you can try here:

Islamic:
Islamic definition of terrorism
Muslims see wordplay as swordplay in terrorism war
Justifications for Violence in Islam?
Suicide Bombers-What does Islam Say
Islam Denounces Terrorism
Muslims Against Terrorism
Terrorism and Islam
Muslims Condemn Terrorism

Western:
Western versions

Definitions in General:
Definitions of Terrorism
Define:Terrorism

seekerof

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What is terrorism?.

Targetting civilians would be a good enough start.

Why? Only the west is engaging in a war on terror, so....of course its going to be on western terms.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let me see , Iran gives money to people to blow up inocent children and people. That is just WRONG. That the FACT that IRAN has been doing a secret war , well it not a secret anymore is it. Imagon if Iran did a secret war here on our soil. Would we take care of business , of course we would. I fail to see why no one has concidered why Iran and its leadership is so bent on distruction of people they deem to be there evil. I bet if they has a much softer aproch they would be listened to. But since they act like fanatics and looneys they will get no respect and deservingly so. Hey the want a war . They better be able to back it up , cause I for one am getting tired of all this . For one to blantently say they want a country wiped off the face of the earth , is being a little crazy don't you think? . I for one am tried of the world's leadership doing nothing about this and I feel that everyone elese is getting tired too. All this saber rattle is getting old. If they think they are so inclined to be the bad boy why do they not face the ones they hate instead of having others do it for them. Its like a scared rabbit dance we see from them , giving them no creditbility at all. So by giving others money to do there dirty work they , Iran , have no guts to do it them selves , what a pity. Many Blessings

[edit on 4/19/2006 by zman]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pyros:

Its amazing how people in Gaza and the West Bank have barely enough to eat, no schools to speak of, scant medical facilities...yet they never seem to run out of AK-47's, RPG's, and Qassam rockets.

Yes, according to Israeli military sources, who use these "facts" as justifications to shell heavily populated urban areas. Maybe shoot a b few 8 year olds while they are at it.

Israel offered Arafat a Palestinian state in Gaza and 92% of the West Bank, and a capital in East Jerusalem

A lie, actually.

The proposal offered by Barak and Clinton at Camp David would have meant the Israeli annexation of 9-10% more of the West Bank. Another 9-10% of the West Bank would be placed under indefinite "Temporary Israeli Control", including a narrow strip comprising 15 % of the length of the border along the Jordan River. The West Bank would be separated by a road from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, with free passage for Palestinians although Israel reserved the right to close the road for passage in case of emergency. The Palestinian position was that the annexations would block existing road networks between major Palestinian populations. In return, the Israelis would cede 1-3 % of their territory in the Negev Desert to Palestine. Arafat rejected this proposal and did not make a counteroffer.

And they were NOT offered Jerusalem, they were offered "custodianship" over half of it. Get your facts straight.

And of course, the Right of Return was NOT addressed, and if the Accord was signed the Palestinians would have had to drop that for good. Not gonna happen.

Riiiight. Sometimes the things people say reveal their true feeling and motivations, without them even realizing it. Don't you agree?

What, that the vast majority of the non-Jewish world sees Israel as a terrorist nation subjugating the Palestinians? Yeah that is pretty revealing about Israel, all right. Good eye.

Knight:

Since when has it been an illegal occupation? Or is that your own opinion?? Iv'e seen no official statments indicating an illegal occupation.

Haha, I'll assume you're joking. See how many UN Resolutions have declared the Occupation of Palestine illegal and immoral, and get back to me.

And what time frame are we talking exactly here? Look back and you will see MANY Jews were persecuted long before recent events.

Oh, this is about the PERSECUTION of Jews? Wow, isn't everything. What do you call the treatment of Palestinians at the hands of their Israeli jailers over all these years? Generosity of spirit?

Read some stuff from BOTH SIDES and decide from yourself.

Seeker:

The business here is that Iran sponsors terrorist and terrorist organizations--you know, I know it, the world knows it.

And Israel sponsors terror as well. Assassinations, missiles into crowds, sniping kids... Is this not state-sponsored terror? Next.

Does it really matter what the "whole non-Jewish" world thinks?
"Non-Jewish" sounds so Hitleristic, especially coming from you, Jakomo

Haha, it only took this long to have you call me a Nazi? You're slipping.

And yes, pardon me. It DOES matter what the whole non-Jewish world thinks. You know, we like to think that we matter just as much as you do, since we breath the same air and are on the same planet.. That we're not just silly gentiles and shiksas.

Your statement is the ultimate arrogance. Shalom!

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Jakomo]

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Jakomo]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Read some stuff from BOTH SIDES and decide from yourself.

Pot calling the kettle black.

And Israel sponsors terror as well. Assassinations, missiles into crowds, sniping kids... Is this not state-sponsored terror? Next.

Old Muslim proverb that dictates cause and effect in the Middle East: "An eye for an eye."
State-sponsored terrorism is when a state supports, aids, and funds terrorism and/or acts of terrorism outside of their borders. I would have thought you would have learned that when you took that Humanitarian Amnesty International 101 class.

Haha, it only took this long to have you call me a Nazi? You're slipping.

I am "slipping" because I had not detected or determined that you were one before now or because I had not outright called you one, yet?

And yes, pardon me. It DOES matter what the whole non-Jewish world thinks. You know, we like to think that we matter just as much as you do, since we breath the same air and are on the same planet.. That we're not just silly gentiles and shiksas.

It ONLY matters to you and those who base their lives around 'world opinion.' Its a tool, nothing more. Again, 'world opinion' be damned.

Your statement is the ultimate arrogance.

"Arrogance" is in the eye of the beholder.
Personally, you really need to stop with all the knee-jerk reactions and pot calling the kettle black mannerisms and inuendos.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Seeker:

Old Muslim proverb that dictates cause and effect in the Middle East: "An eye for an eye."

So Israel does this because they are following an Old Muslim proverb, huh? Silly me, I forgot that you are incapable of blaming Jews for anything.

State-sponsored terrorism is when a state supports, aids, and funds terrorism and/or acts of terrorism outside of their borders.

Totally correct except for the OUTSIDE OF THEIR BORDERS part. Israel funds the IDF, which is a terrorist entity.

It ONLY matters to you and those who base their lives around 'world opinion.' Its a tool, nothing more. Again, 'world opinion' be damned.

My mistake. My world is inclusive. It includes everyone.

Yours apparently only includes Jews, since only their opinions appear to matter (specifically when it has to do with the Middle East conflict, but it appears to be a little more far-reaching than that).

There's about 96% of the planet whose opinions you denounce.

I guess I'm just more of a fan of democracy than you, that's all. Live and learn.

-jakomo

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So Israel does this because they are following an Old Muslim proverb, huh? Silly me, I forgot that you are incapable of blaming Jews for anything.

Apparently, you missed that particular memo in your Humanitarian Amnesty International 101 class?

As long as the "eye for an eye" principle is embedded in the brains of the Israelis and the Palestinians, there is no hope.
Can peace roadmap survive the violence?

The explosion on a bus in northern Israel should come as no surprise to anyone. It is the latest in the eye for an eye circle of violence.
Middle East: Will the plan work?

Totally correct except for the OUTSIDE OF THEIR BORDERS part. Israel funds the IDF, which is a terrorist entity.

You got corrected the first time you incorrectly used the mention of 'state-sponsored' terrorism, and now you shift such notions to the IDF? Please. Another knee jerk reaction. But then again, "Silly me, I forgot that you are incapable of blaming" anybody but the "Jews for anything".

My mistake. My world is inclusive. It includes everyone.

Again, since your having difficulties in fathoming what I said twice before, I will say it slower:
W-o-r-l-d......o-p-i-n-i-o-n......b-e......d-a-m-n-e-d......I-t......o-n-l-y......m-a-t-t-e-r-s......t-o......p-e-o-p-l-e......l-i-k-e......y-o-u.

Yours apparently only includes Jews, since only their opinions appear to matter (specifically when it has to do with the Middle East conflict, but it appears to be a little more far-reaching than that).

Take what you said and replace "Yours" with "Jakomo" and "Jews" with 'Palestinians,' k?
Pot calling the kettle black ad infinitum.

There's about 96% of the planet whose opinions you denounce.

There is a distinct difference between me "denouncing" world opinion, which I have not done, and me saying that it simply does not matter, that you pay it and give it way tooooooo much credit and emphasis. They do have dictionary's where your from?

I guess I'm just more of a fan of democracy than you, that's all. Live and learn.

Umm, no, your simply more of a "fan" and supporter of the Palestinian suicide bombers and there continued acts of terrorism upon innocent civilains than I am. Evidently, you, like them, have yet to have grasped the realization that their long historical continued use of violence, acts of terrorism, and 'hate' indoctrination of the Palestinian youth have not and will not bring "democracy," peace, freedom, or a Palestinian state anytime soon.

seekerof

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

What is terrorism?.

I think people in the West would say those that, by violent means, murder the innocent for their own cause and in order to create fear.

I think people who hate the West would define it as: "oppression".

I think those from another planet might call it the battle/effort of human egos to control those they can't control.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Unless you have a Chinese version of what "terrorism" is or how it is defined, most definitions of "terrorism" are Western in origin. Having said that, and being that determining a definition of "terrorism" is ever-evolving, you can try here:

Why was the response based on my ethnicity?. I was asking as a member of ATS and not as a chinese member

Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.
--FBI Definition

Yet this definition could apply equally as well to the US invasion of iraq. Is the word muslim to senitive to use in a offical US definition?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Targetting civilians would be a good enough start.

That could include every country in the world

Why? Only the west is engaging in a war on terror, so....of course its going to be on western terms.

War on terror is fascinating. You called it terrorism i call it guerilla warfare. The US does not have a right to tell the world what is right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I still don't understand the connection between Iran donating $50M to the Palestinian government and the Palestinians supporting of Islamic Jihad. Is there some Mossad report that connects the 2 together? If there isn't some type of hard facts that the 2 were related in some way then it just stands to reason that its just an attempt to incite hatred and the appearance of collusion when there may be none.

Originally By Atomic
Boy that didn't take long. So the West won't give Hamas anymore money. Then Iran gives $50mil and the next thing you know "Boom!" they kill 9 people in Israel. Pathetic.

Israel was even pulling out of Palestine occupied lands. I don't know what they did recently to warrent an attack on them. Hamas just proved to the west that they did the right thing in cutting off aid, and Iran just got tied in to helping a terrorist state. At least some people in Palestine are condemning this act by Hamas.

The original thread starter also tries to make it appear as tho The Palestinian Government was responsible for the attack when its was a terrorist organization Islamic Jihad. That should be corrected as well.

Im glad Iran and Qatar stepped up and helped those people. It is so evident that there are forces at work attempting to commit genocide legally on the palestinians and starve them off since guns, tanks and missiles can be caught on tape. Bypassing the UN and applying sanctions without even a vote. They can't stay teflon for too long. People are seeing right through what is being done to the Palestinian people.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stunkums
What other Arab nation is giving money to the Palestinians besides Qatar?

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Stunkums]

Saudi-Arabians, the allies of Bush and masters of beheading, are giving 92 m$.

Saudi Arabia Pledges Palestinian Aid

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join