It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran gives $50million to Hamas, who in turn supports Islamic Jihad's killing of 9

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Boy that didn't take long. So the West won't give Hamas anymore money. Then Iran gives $50mil and the next thing you know "Boom!" they kill 9 people in Israel. Pathetic.

Israel was even pulling out of Palestine occupied lands. I don't know what they did recently to warrent an attack on them. Hamas just proved to the west that they did the right thing in cutting off aid, and Iran just got tied in to helping a terrorist state. At least some people in Palestine are condemning this act by Hamas.

www.cnn.com...

(Edit)...well since some say the title is misleading and that Hamas did not do the bombing then I have changed the title to represent what has occured. I do not believe that Islamic Jihad and Hamas are "separate" in any more shape and form than in name.

I leave the rest of my post as is.

[edit on 17/4/06 by Atomic]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OH! OH! but islam is a religion of PEACE!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Selective reporting is Awesome, right?

Pal estinians: Tel Aviv Bombing Legitimate

he Palestinians' new Hamas leaders called the attack a legitimate response to Israeli "aggression." Israel said it held Hamas ultimately responsible — even though a different militant group, Islamic Jihad, claimed responsibility — and would respond "as necessary."

Aggression?

What Aggression?

Poor Isreal is just "Defending" itself!

But here comes the Paradox - how can you be a Victim and the Occupating Army at the same time?

Strange indeed.

US opposes UN condemnation of Israel

The Palestinian UN observer, Riyad Mansour, strongly suggested that the United States was the lone holdout against the statement, though he did not mention the US by name.

He referred to "one member who is shielding and protecting the Israeli actions and aggression against the Palestinian people in Gaza and in other parts of the occupied territory."

US protecting Isreali Agressions?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Israel continues shelling northern Gaza

Israeli army has continued bombarding open areas in northern Gaza Strip in response to homemade rockets launched by Palestinian militants, witnesses and security sources said on Monday.

Most of shells landed in fields and groves, said local farmers. There was no report on casualties.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said on Sunday that up to 400 shells had been fired at Gaza since Friday as part of a campaign to stop Palestinian militants firing home-made rockets into southern Israel.

As I have said before - Isrealis left Gaza and created one Big Military Polygon to Bomb the Crap out.

400 Shells fired since Friday?

Aggression?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
OH! OH! but islam is a religion of PEACE!

Cmon... not everyone out there has a terrorist mask and an ak...some just have rpg

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It was Islamic Jihad, not Hamas, that staged the Tel Aviv attack.
Hamas defended the attack, but they didn't carry it out.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
$50 million is a drop in the bucket of Palestinian needs. Palestine estimates that it needs about $170 million a month in order to keep itself together. The money was meant as a symbol of support, and not meant to fund Hamas. I don't think that Iran even specified who the money ws going to, Hamas or Palestine.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Souljah...

Israel, according to your Chinese link, was shelling open fields and no one had been injured. The Islamic Jihad admited to firing rockets.

Your other link claims that 18 people had been killed according to reports. Well who started firing first? It sounds like the Islamic Jihad movement did and in other news reports they admited it. I think we've all seen from the Iraq/Vietnam war that people don't fire rockets and guns from only non-innocent areas...they fire from homes, mosques, etc. So if you fire back and someone innocent gets killed, I can't be suprised. It is sad.

There had in essence been peace (well the closest you can call it there) since Israel's pull out and Hamas taking over. There is no reason to fire rockets or bomb a resturaunt. Even Palestinian officials condemned this!!! If you want peace, you don't keep shooting.

Don't think I back Israel either, they are very aggresive at times. This was not one of those times. The bombing was a bad move and helps nothing.

Originally posted by xmotex

I do stand corrected...Islamic Jihad did claim the bombing. Which to me is Hamas. Same family, just a different family member saying they did it. If Hamas had said "this was wrong" then I would not blame them.

I didn't blame Palestine, the Arabs, or Islam. I blame Hamas, and they seem very supportive of my blame since they agreed with Islamic Jihad's bombing.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
$50 million is a drop in the bucket of Palestinian needs. Palestine estimates that it needs about $170 million a month in order to keep itself together. The money was meant as a symbol of support, and not meant to fund Hamas. I don't think that Iran even specified who the money ws going to, Hamas or Palestine.

Iran gave $50mil to Palestine

Quatar has given $50mil also.

Palestine is run by Hamas, so who controls the money? This is like saying that America didn't invade Iraq, the Republicans invaded Iraq. The Germans didn't start WWII, the Nazis did.

I think it is good that other Arab countries step up and support their brothers. I would like the West to support Palestine too, but it's our money, and if someone in power supports blowing up non military targets or places where no one has attacked you from. Then you have a problem and bad judgement. Which means you don't get my money.

If Israel is starting to bomb innocents on purpose then you don't get my money. I don't support their "settlements" either, and I'm glad they are leaving...they should leave them all.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Israel, according to your Chinese link, was shelling open fields and no one had been injured. The Islamic Jihad admited to firing rockets.

If we start the "Who Fired First" thingy, we will not see the End of it.

It does not matter who fired First arrow - but who will be the First to Lay down his Sword.

If you want peace, you don't keep shooting.

And if you want Peace you do not fire 400 artillery shells on Gaza.

I however have a problem with your title - it is somehow missleading. It reads, as if Iran gave 50 million $ to Hamas and the result was killing of 9 Isreali civilans. Well I guess all headlines today have "Iran" written somewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Exactly, well said, xmotex.

Although Hamas have called this bombing "justified", the title of this thread "Iran gives $50million; Hamas returns the favor by killing 9 people." is false, and misleading, therefore it should be changed.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Code_Burger]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Title changed...meaning the same.

Now if someone wants to argue that Iran gave $50mil to Palestine, or to the guys who live next to Israel ruled by Hamas, or to the people of Palestine ruled by Hamas...then you're on your own.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

(Edit)...well since some say the title is misleading and that Hamas did not do the bombing then I have changed the title to represent what has occured. I do not believe that Islamic Jihad and Hamas are "separate" in any more shape and form than in name.

It wasn't just that "some say" the title was misleading, it actually was misleading. More than just misleading, it was just plain wrong. However connected you think Islamic Jihad are to Hamas.

Title changed...meaning the same.

The title has changed, but it doesn't mean the same at all. You said Hamas killed the 9 people, when they did not. Perhaps read an aritcle through next time before posting? (Or maybe try to own up when you've made a mistake, instead of trying to cover it up).

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Code_Burger

The title has changed, but it doesn't mean the same at all. You said Hamas killed the 9 people, when they did not. Perhaps read an aritcle through next time before posting? (Or maybe try to own up when you've made a mistake, instead of trying to cover it up).

I'll own up to it. Mistake made. Hamas did not kill 9 people. Islamic Jihad killed 9 people as I have edited.

Now if someone can explain the difference to me between Hamas and Islamic Jihad Movement being truly different then maybe I can admit another.

Now to focus the post on what happened instead of on me:

Iran gives money to Hamas to run Palestine. A group called Islamic Jihad then bombs Israeli civilians. Hamas supports the act. Palestine wonders why the West won't give money? Iran wonders why people are worried if they get nuclear weapons?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Now if someone can explain the difference to me between Hamas and Islamic Jihad Movement

I dont know the difference between the two, but I just finished reading the article below when I happened across this thread. The article seems to point out some of their differences.

“We as Islamic Jihad don’t believe that the step Hamas has taken to democracy and elections will take us to the end of the struggle. Our ideology, through the way we understand Islam, is that our struggle will only end with the end of the State of Israel. For us it is an existential struggle, it is either us or them.”

“What distinguishes us from Hamas is that we are a revolutionary Islamic movement, and they are attempting Islamic political thinking,” Abu Ahmad, the leader, said. “Since 1980 we have raised the flag, the Koran and the gun. For Hamas jihad is an interim phase. Our whole strategy is jihad.

Many Palestinians are increasingly angry at the diehards for continuing to launch home-made rockets into Israel, inviting heavy and sometimes deadly retaliation. But Islamic Jihad claims that by continuing attacks it has recruited dozens of disillusioned hardliners from Hamas’s military wing.
It is either us or them, leaders of Islamic Jihad say

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That $50 million is probably going to be used to, oh, I dunno, FEED and HOUSE Palestinians who NEED food and housing, maybe?

Correct me if I am wrong, but are not the West Bank and Gaza Strip two of the poorest places in the world? The most densely populated as well? And add to that their movements are incredibly restricted?

The money that went to Hamas has nothing to do with the IJ attack, the two are unrelated. They did not take a 50 million cheque and buy a bunch of suicide belts with it immediately. If you can understand, it is actually desperately needed.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Jakomo]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
About Hamas...

Why did Israel fund Hamas in the first place? Now, we have Hamas being a huge thorn in Israel's side?

Man, I tell you, this chess these people play is out of this world...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So we are going to argue about which terrorist organization killed who? Let's see was the the terrorist organization in control of the country or the terrorist organization that operates freely within the country controlled by the first terrorist organization.

Seriously, it is the same thing. I would be shocked if even they can tell the difference. It does not matter who does the bombing, Hamas will never "claim" responsiblity. If they did they would not be able to fudge the international media so easily.

In the end the criminals and devils are in charge. Nothing good will come of this. Although I used to feel sorry for the Palestinians (never justified their actions but did feel for the "regular" people) I no longer feel that way. They elected a terrorist organization to run their country. It would be like the US deciding to elect the leader of the KKK to the Presidency and all the members of congress also being Klansmen. If we did that we deserve what we get. So do they.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Lets be fair, this is a war going on between Israiel and the Palestinians both are as much in the wrong as each other. Israiel kills Palestinian civilians all the time it doesn`t really matter how they kill you use the means at your disposable. Also i don`t think this was Hamas it was Islamic Jihad, i genuinely believe Hamas is trying to change and the Israiels won`t even speak to them like the US wont speak to Iran, sorry who`s pathetic?

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
That $50 million is probably going to be used to, oh, I dunno, FEED and HOUSE Palestinians who NEED food and housing, maybe?

Can you provide links to Amnesty International or other like sites that indicate that the monies that Hamas will recieve or has already recieved will go directly and solely to feeding and housing the Palestinians?

When you do, I will provide you oddles of links to where Hamas and Iran fund their respective terrorist operations through other like organizations and groups, Islamic Jihad being one of them.

Example and Sample:
Iran Allocates Over $100 Million for Hizbullah, Islamic Jihad
*(Ironic that Iran gives $100 million to Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad but only $50 million for the Palestinian people, huh, Jakomo?)*
'Iran Aids Islamic Jihad to Attack Israel'
Iran gave $1.8 million to Islamic Jihad
IRAN INCREASES FUNDING TO ISLAMIC JIHAD
Iran urging Islamic Jihad to attack Israel ahead of election
Islamic Jihad News: Iran

And in related news: (Nine total) Suicide Bombings Since Truce
The Service Providers of Palestinian Islamic Jihad
Islamic Jihad

Your assumption that the monetary aid given to Hamas will go only and directly to the Palestinian people is confounded and complicated by the mere factoid that the nations that have cut off aid to the Hamas government have done so because there is no guarentee given by the Hamas government that the funds will indeed be used directly and solely for the well-being of the Palestinian people as a whole, not unless of course, you advocate terrorism and acts thereof as contributing to the well-being of the Palestinian people, because assuredly, it has proven to the contrary.

There is a distinct difference between money going to the Hamas government and money going straight for humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people. One is that there is no definate way of verifying that the entire aid given is going to benefit the Palestinian people and their well-being, whereas, the humanitarian aid given can be accounted for because of the agencies the monies and aid funnel through. Hamas's accountability is in serious question, as is their intended works that reduce the starvation and lack of housing situation; a situation that Hamas helped to create for the Palestinian people.

seekerof

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Let me see if I get this right:

Hamas= kill Israel until we get what we want
PIJH= kill Israel always

Islamic Jihad sounds like somone complaining about a heavy mental band or rap group saying they've sold out and gone commercial because they're selling more CDs now. Hamas still plays heavy metal, but Islamic Jihad says it's not heavy enough.

I don't see much of a distinction to say they are truly different. They're just different shades of blue. It's not kill or kill, it's keep killing till we get to different points that we desire.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join