It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons turning to the extreme right in large numbers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
The world's 5th richest nation on the planet should deliberately turn their backs on the worlds most needy and desperate?
Nice idea from nice people.

There is a limited amount of space in Britain and it's ery expensive to house and feed people in the UK compared with housing them in the countries that they came from.

Perhaps Britain could purchase a million acres of land somewhere in Africa and ship the Asylum seekers over there to live under the care and security of British rule.

It would be much cheaper than finding space in London to house these people.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
AceofBase, that's already what happens.

The UNHCR lists there are only:

6.6 million conflict-generated internally displaced people in 16 countries as being "of concern,"
Source

Furthermore the report goes on to say:

The report said 2005 was the fifth straight year in which the global population of refugees declined. The largest drops (19 percent) were recorded in West Africa and in the so-called CASWANAME region (Central Asia, South-West Asia, North Africa, Middle East). But the two regions still host about two-thirds of the world's refugees. The number of refugees fell by 15 percent last year in Europe, which hosted about a quarter of all refugees. Asia and the Pacific hosted 10 percent of the world's refugees, and the Americas seven percent.

So Europe, as in the whole of Europe has roughly 25% of the refugees in the World and it went down 15% last yaer. They're coming over in leaps and bounds. In fact, clearly they're all coming over to the U.K. it's just every piece of research conducted by worthwhile people states otherwise. It's groups like the BNP which create a problem, a problem that doesn't exist.

A good source can be found there. In fact, Iraq has the fourth largest number of IDP. Afghanistan is in the top 10 as well...so let's think about this for a moment? Oh yes...we caused those people to seek refugee status.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

So Europe, as in the whole of Europe has roughly 25% of the refugees in the World and it went down 15% last yaer. They're coming over in leaps and bounds. In fact, clearly they're all coming over to the U.K. it's just every piece of research conducted by worthwhile people states otherwise. It's groups like the BNP which create a problem, a problem that doesn't exist.

A good source can be found there. In fact, Iraq has the fourth largest number of IDP. Afghanistan is in the top 10 as well...so let's think about this for a moment? Oh yes...we caused those people to seek refugee status.

Check the date on that figure of refugees from Iraq.

Iraq: The figure is cumulative and based on a UN Habitat survey published in 2001

Also, in spite of your attempt at sarcasm, people are moving to Europe and the UK in droves.

Scotsman

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Some 191 million people now live outside their country of birth and migration is a major feature of international life, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan reported on Tuesday.

[...]

Europe hosted 34 percent of all migrants in 2005, North America 23 percent and Asia 28 percent. Only 9 percent were living in Africa, 3 percent in Latin America and the Caribbean, and another 3 percent in Oceania.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
6,446,131,400/194,000,000=33.27

So that's only 1/33 people live outside their Nation of birth. Not really that many, when you think that includes Western people going to Asia for work, Military bases, etc. Furthermore, your own source states:

75 million people have moved between developing countries

So now, it's:
6,446,131,400/119,000,000=54.169

Suddenly, it's only 1/54. Again, the number of people living in the West slowly goes down and down. Furthermore, it includes people over here for education who could be going back. As I said before, there are not that many at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

this too confirms a similar phenomenon in the UK, where circumstances are ripe for a mass turn to fascism unless the present government does something to turn the tide and stop the indigenous population feeling like outcasts in their own back yard.

Quite clearly the masses in Britain have had enough of being told that only politically correct behaviour is now acceptable.

I am expressing no political opinion either way. It is interesting now as an outsider to the country of my birth to watch events.

Hi, personally I dont think England should be taking into Briton the amount of immigrants we are because there is not enough houses / flats or bed sits to hold everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT a racist and I do think England should take in immigrants but we DO need to limit the number of people we take into the country.

The NHS and other services are stretched to the limit and the people we are taking are not able o be helped because I don’t have the space or facility’s to help these people, I live in England and I see it happen all the time some immigrants come into England and they don’t abide to our laws and just take the piss out of our generosity and kindness at the moment I am un-employed because my new security job done not start until July 2006 and every 2 weeks I have to go to the social office to sing so I get my JSA and I talk to some immigrants they openly tell me “what’s the point of getting a job, when the government pay’s me over £200.00 a week” I THINK THIS IS DISCUSSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I have worked ever since I left school and paid my national insurance every month so I am entitled to get some money back when im out of work, I am getting paid the highest amount and I only get £114.90 every 2 weeks and all immigrants get over £200.00 EVERY WEEK!!!!

This is wrong why should they get more everything is given to them a free house, car, chloes, food, mobile phone and they even get £2.50 a day smoking allowance.

One immigrant who was given a 2 bedroom house for free was not happy and he wanted a bigger house so he BURNED DOWN the house the government had given him and then the government gave him a 5 bedroom house!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean come one this is a piss take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lataz

Alex.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Alex, I'd like to see you back up these claims.

The immigrant burning his house down, gaining more on Job Seekrs Allowance than British citizens. So on and so fourth about all of your claims. In fact, if this is true go to the media - they'd love the story that you try to paint about him burning his house down. They'd pay you thousands, so then you don't need the JSA. :-) Also, since I am paying tax I am fine with immigrants being given money while they look for work. Not got a problem with it at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Because the main stream parties either do not want to or do not care about listening to what the British people want.

The BNP is clearly listerning to what some sections of the British people want to say and are postioning them selves as having listened.

And is the BNP is getting votes at a local level, this means that people have decided to exercise their electral rights.

I am sick to death of people saying this is wrong and we should ban the far right parties in this country.

If people want to vote for the BNP, it is for a reason. One else is listening.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Because the main stream parties either do not want to or do not care about listening to what the British people want.

Agree with that to a certain extent, certainly most are dominated by indifference to certain sections of the voting public and hamstrung by their need to appear pc on all things at all times.

The BNP is clearly listerning to what some sections of the British people want to say and are postioning them selves as having listened.

Until I see more evidence that the BNP has transformed itself into a freedom loving democratic party with a manifesto to safeguard the rights of all British citizens regardless of race colour or creed I will have to offer the opinion that rather than listening they are manipulating the issues in question.

And is the BNP is getting votes at a local level, this means that people have decided to exercise their electral rights.

I am sick to death of people saying this is wrong and we should ban the far right parties in this country.

I too get a little weary of the finger pointing accusations while sidestepping the main concern being that traditionally tolerant and democratic sections of the electorate are registering their protest at mainstream political indifference and incompetence. It stems not from racism but healthy self interest.

If people want to vote for the BNP, it is for a reason. One else is listening.

Sad but very true.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i dont believe im racist

but i asked the council to help me because im being made homeless but they said im not ethnic so im not homeless nice isnt it the immgrants are more important than me.

cant wait to move to canada

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm seriously considering voting BNP at the next opportunity. Not because I want them in office, but because I want those who do end up in power to take the British seriously when we say that:
- We are overcrowded
- Our culture is being spat upon
- Our laws are being undermined
- Our taxes money is benefitting the wrong people

The idea of voting BNP 5 years ago would have disgusted me, but then again, there was little need to vote BNP 5 years ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't think we are over-crowded particularly.
I do think we have a problem with a general over emphasis on the South East of England and London but that is hardly the same thing.

I honestly do not see how "our culture is being spat upon" either.
But then again I could care less whether everyone likes it or not. I don;t want to live in a country where everyone is forced to value and praise 'the correct form of culture'.
We've seen that one before, no thanks.
Anyone acting criminally can be dealt with by the law but I don't need to feel as if we can't have any critical voices (even angry and severely critical voices) amongst us.

I do not see how you can honestly claim that "our laws are being undermined".
The UK has a body of law going back centuries and it is continually being modified and amended.
British law is not set in stone and never was.
Anything changed now can be subject to change again in future. That is perfectly normal and just.

Our tax money is benefiting all of us.
Go to a hospital or send your kids to school. It is undeniable that there have been huge improvements in recent years.

But I do think it is scandalous that we have a Gov (and have had Govs in the last 30yrs) that have chosen to allow the most able and wealthiest to shirk their share of the tax burden thereby forcing those at the bottom and middle of society to take an ever heavier load
(with the noteable exception of this Labour Govs very mild & small degree of wealth redistribution).

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join