It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons turning to the extreme right in large numbers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.sky.com...

just as another thread tells here of a US backlash against immigrants;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this too confirms a similar phenomenon in the UK, where circumstances are ripe for a mass turn to fascism unless the present government does something to turn the tide and stop the indigenous population feeling like outcasts in their own back yard.

Quite clearly the masses in Britain have had enough of being told that only politically correct behaviour is now acceptable.

I am expressing no political opinion either way. It is interesting now as an outsider to the country of my birth to watch events.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah, it's quite worrying really that large numbers of white people feel sufficiently disaffected to turn to an extremist far-right party.

My problem with the political climate though is that the mainstream political partys spend their time slagging off the BNP and warning of the dangers they pose rather than using their own policies as a way of demostrating how poor/extreme their views are.

Much as I disagree with BNP, they are currently a perfectly legal political organisation and as such should be engaged by the bigger party's so that their arguments can be put up for debate. By rights, people will then naturally turn away from them. In other words, if mainstream politics is confident enough that the BNP are no more than extremist racists, they should allow them to be heard so that they will 'fall on their own swords'.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I can certainly understand how the british are feeling with all the immigrants they have, we have just as many in the US and they blatantly walk down our streets shouting at americans to get off the continent and our government wont defend its people. IF someone else promises a defense, why not listen to them? Obviously the ultra liberal and politically correct views have done nothing for us but disarmed us in our own countries.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My mother is German and is in touch with family members back in the Olde Country. She tells me about the problems they are experiencing there too.
The tells me that the foreigners speak harshly to the Germans and particularly the women ..in the day time but at night go into them when few can notice...a very strange type of behavior.

I noticed the same thing when I was in School for the US Air Force in Mississippi. Lots of Iranians there back in those day under the Shah Palavi.
They had strict standards on their behavior while they were there but at night when no one was watching they would go out to the night life..and the women. They were not allowed cars but some of them would pool thier moneys so as to get one and have transport to support this night life.
IN the day time they tow the line but when night comes they step into a phone booth and change costumes and habits.

This is also what was happening in Berut, Lebanon in the 1980s. Berut was a place where the wealthy took thier moneys and played..western style. This was not allowed in most of the muslim countrys but took place in Berut nightly. I think the civil war in Lebanon put a stop to alot of this.

Europeans , Brits and others are tiring of this type of conduct in their countrys. They are also by this wearyness aware that their governments are now hijacked by someone and do not represent thier views. This will occur here in America too over this illegal alien buisness..for votes...and the hijacking of the public will by the body politic to gain votes/power. The will of the public will be sidetracked or hijacked...counterfitted in lieu of the default settings of the body politic to allow the body politic to play through unhindered. You can already see this occurring on this issue. This course of events has long since occurred in Europe. America is just playing catch up here.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So does that mena civil defense falls to the citizen since obviously our government will do nothing.

Right wing books have long prophecised a time when defense of our country will fall to those few citizens that will take a stand while the government sits on the sidelines.

*content removed per request of mods*

[edit on 17-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
yes..in the end that is exactly what it means. Simply because of the hijacking/counterfitting nature of many governments.

This in Ancient times was called "wickedness in high places" or particularly "Spiritual Wickedness in High Places." THe term High Places is particularly telling here since the tradition going back to the ancient times is to have thier meeting places in the highest places..on the ground floor if only a one story building but in the highest places if not.

Make no mistake..this is a hijack and a counterfit ...of the counterfitter. Especially when the oath is to obey the constitution and a represenative/republican form of government. Hijacking is anything but this. Same for counterfitting. THe appearence of something is in fact very different from the real thing...the subatance. The substance is missing...the real work is missing ..the fruit of this work..missing. All you get for your efforts in a hijacking/counterfit system is the appearence ..a picture...not the real thing..understand?? Form..verses Substance. Counterfitters will always give you the form while they make off with the substance. Often unseen. This is the nature of the body politic..worldwide..always...in history. It is very seldom that this system has historically been overturned...and only for a short time..the counterfitters/hijackers move back in quietly and privily ..unseen and unknown by the bulk of peoples. You can see this too in history ..over and over.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ther is no way Britain will turn to facisim, mabye in London there are alot of disaffected people but i don`t think many will actually turn to the BNP there just pissed off with Labour.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Ther is no way Britain will turn to facisim, mabye in London there are alot of disaffected people but i don`t think many will actually turn to the BNP there just pissed off with Labour.

It's not just in London. Oldham, Blackburn, Bradford are three other examples of where there are 'pockets' of white people who feel disenfranchised. Indeed, I know Bradford very well and remember the riots of a few years ago. The trouble is that the multicultural model that Bradford is supposed to represent is nothing but a sham. Sure there are people from all sorts of cultures living in the area. However they live in clusters, enclaves if you will. It's like oil and water, they can be next to each other but do not mix.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5ick8oy

It's not just in London. Oldham, Blackburn, Bradford are three other examples of where there are 'pockets' of white people who feel disenfranchised.

To that list you could safely add Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm actually glad people have actually discussed this matter in a sensible manner. Too often so called 'do-gooders' will automatically dismiss these people voting as thick or racists. This is not the case.

As mentioned above many of labour's policies are just not strict enough/ public views towards money expenditure are just wasted. I do not think BNP will get in, but I damn well sure it gives the Government a shock at public opinion!

I do not know the Bradford situation well, but I live close by and have been told there are white areas/ asian areas and black areas, even some fenced off with fencing. (Not entirely sure if this is true?).

I personally would vote BNP, does that make me stupid or racist?? No, of course not. I think too many people actually critisise the BNP, without actually understanding many viewpoints/ policies. Even if they did get in at an election (highly unlikely) there would still be a big number of other parties present in parliament.

Anyway i'm rambling, good to see other people actually reading into this story instead of shooting the party down from the start. Let's hope our Government listens, after all they are there to represent the people!!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I do not know the Bradford situation well, but I live close by and have been told there are white areas/ asian areas and black areas, even some fenced off with fencing. (Not entirely sure if this is true?).

I live in Bradford Knights and for sure there are white area's and asian area's. I've not heard of anywhere that is fenced off though, but being a Leeds boy at heart I am still not au fait with all areas in Bradford.

My job requires that I pay close attention to 'diversity'. Sadly though, it seems that 'diversity' does not include 'white'. Working with offenders as part of my job, I see many issues of discrimination between Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, Polish, Kosovan, Croatian etc. etc.... In fact some area's of Bradford have Asian gangs who are fighting serious turf wars. I was talking to one Asian lad who attacked a group of other Asian men in a car because they were from a particular street. It was a 'tribal' issue. Unfortunately this does not get the oxygen of publicity as it seems not to be 'politically correct'.

I personally would vote BNP, does that make me stupid or racist?? No, of course not. I think too many people actually critisise the BNP, without actually understanding many viewpoints/ policies. Even if they did get in at an election (highly unlikely) there would still be a big number of other parties present in parliament.

This goes to the root of the issue. It is too easy to simply brand those who register 'protest' votes with the BNP as being 'racist'. Given that racism is seen as such a heinous act I worry about how easy it has become to throw accusations of racism around. When I was studying my degree, I actually went to a lecture on multiculturalism where the lecturer stated quite openly that as a white man I was 'inherently racist'. She based this on the fact that around the time of the reign of Queen Victoria, GB established a formidable empire around the world. . . . and as such, I was an imperialist at heart. She went on to state that only whites could be racist.

What left me 'gasping' though was her audacity when challenged and given the example of an Irish man being discriminated against in saying that a 'white' Irish man could at least effect a false English accent, thereby avoiding the problem. . . . ASTOUNDING.

Let's hope our Government listens, after all they are there to represent the people!!

Well said. They should busy themselves by providing good, solid policies that people actually WANT, rather than dismissing extremist parties such as the BNP who only exist because a large section of society clearly feels 'left out'.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd vote for any one who said that the borders were going to be closed for ten years to let it all settle down and get sorted out.

I worked in custodial settings, and I can tell you that I got sick to the back teeth of all the hand ringing that went on to accomodate 'ethnic' 'minorities'.

Police, probation, prisons, the lot all took a hands off approach to the crimes they commited so that 'community leaders' wouldnt get offended. Well im blooming offended that they can be seperate, have 'community leaders ' and if a white person trys it they are seperatist and racist??

Get every one to be British and proud of that fact, or get them out. We live in dangerous times and cannot afford to have a large standing army of disloyal peoples amongst us. Get British or go home - British and Muslim? fine - British and Hindu? awesome, British and Christian? sweet. Non Loyal non British? get rid of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreeboI worked in custodial settings, and I can tell you that I got sick to the back teeth of all the hand ringing that went on to accomodate 'ethnic' 'minorities'.

I couldn't agree more...

Police, probation, prisons, the lot all took a hands off approach to the crimes they commited so that 'community leaders' wouldnt get offended. Well im blooming offended that they can be seperate, have 'community leaders ' and if a white person trys it they are seperatist and racist??

I couldn't agree more..again...

I have no problem with respecting other cultures etc. etc. but when I work with muslims who can OPENLY insult homosexuals because it does not accord with their religious beliefs it makes me SICK. If I were to even attempt to say the same, I would be dismissed and out of the building within 30 minutes. If I tried to argue that my belief that homosexuality was a sin was based on my christian faith, it would make absolutely no difference. (BTW I am 'not' religious and do not have any problem with homosexuality).

What was it George Orwell said in '1984'....... "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think a lot of Europeans are going to head for the far right because of situations like the riots and protests earlier this year and at the end of last year where people were carrying signs saying your 9/11 is on it's way.

Political correctness and the concept of multiculturalism will soon be outdated and unpopular except among the ethnic mnorities themselves.

People like Nick Griffin (UK) and Le Pen (France) are more popular than even now as far as I'm aware. They already elected anti-immigration leaders in some of the Scandanavian countries.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Knight- Labour aren`t the best government in the world but their certinly better than most. And although your not an idiot the Bnp are the most racist bigioted stupid political party in British history there leader Nick Griffin is a thug who would like to commit a genocide on immigrants so come on get real man.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What you are learning in spite of the drivel they tried to teach or enforce on your brain in public schools is that non whites can be quite racist. We are begining to see this here in the States as the curtain has fallen in some areas where some of us are still awake.
Certain Orientals are quite racist...unbeknownst to most westerners. What they also are is more descrete in hiding it than westerners. Same with mid easterners including Jews. We dont often think if this but if you read history carefully it becomes apparent.
But remember...just as that girl or woman said...only white people can be racist....automatically by default. To reinforce this point they must use a argument or debate point that begins back in history somewhere and you are now responsible for this burden..they stick you back in some timewarp somewhere. This technique is quite popular here in the States by certain groups. Most people never learn the tools to defend from this kind of dumbness...
Remember something else ..not told to most peoples..the body politic in all its forms caters to these groups for the simple reason that they are being groomed at public expense...in the public purse to be the next controllable,predictable, gauranteed voting block. THese groups are being groomed for votes. The public school system or the news does not tell you this simply because they are financed by Government politicians and the news media is shilling for the respective political partys. This helps certan political partys maintain their party power base at the expense of others...you in this case are the others. This is what is become obvious to some of us here in the states. I think it has been going on for much longer in the UK. The UK and Europe are the template for this kind of politics and they will follow here the same pattern in due time. It has already begun here with in state tuition rates for illegal aliens in many states rather than non resident rates.
To put this another way...the body politic through education and the media will sell the very soul of a nation to maintain power. People are beging to question this type of thing. People dont like the obvious stacking of the political deck.

That guy who was killed in the Netherlands..Theo Van Gogh I think was his name...this was a wake up call to many. The media is despirately trying to downplay much of this view.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Knight- Labour aren`t the best government in the world but their certinly better than most. And although your not an idiot the Bnp are the most racist bigioted stupid political party in British history there leader Nick Griffin is a thug who would like to commit a genocide on immigrants so come on get real man.

I've seen his speeches including the one that they tried to send him to prison for and I didn't think it was that bad. I also read the BNP website nearly everyday. He's just trying to bring attention to the problems that others seem to be ignoring.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As I heard someone say in another discussion on this very subject, 'turning to the BNP because you are dissafected by the other political parties is like drinking poison because the right medicine isn't to hand.' Having said that I feel pretty sure that a lot of people who are threatening to vote BNP are merely protest voting in a bid to get the main political parties to start listening and taking seriously the issues that many traditionally working class people are seeing as serious problems unfolding due to too extreme liberalism and social experimentation such as crime, immigration, the health service, housing. It's highly unlikely that the BNP have any workable policy that doesn't eventually entail keeping us under the jack boot.

The whole race issue has become a minefield of explotation manipulation and accusation, racist is a word being bandied about and used for personal or political agendas much the same way 'witch' was in the seventeenth century. Guess what I'm racist, you are too no matter how many times you kid yourself, so is that black guy over there and the Korean next to him, it's probably some inbuilt tribal impulse in all of us that goes back to God knows when, the trick is not denying it but learning to deal with the impulse rationally and with a sense of moral and ethical responsibility but you can't wipe it out from someones psyche. If we ever do get to sort out this issue it's going to take all sides, because all sides are at fault, I'd even go so far to say that in the current social climate in the UK it has been whites who have made more of an effort towards reconcilliation than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I live in Chingford, North London, where the BNP have been active in the past. I must get out a custard pie to place by the front door, just in case the scumbags go canvassing in my neighbourhood...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Guess what I'm racist, you are too no matter how many times you kid yourself, so is that black guy over there and the Korean next to him, it's probably some inbuilt tribal impulse in all of us that goes back to God knows when..

Yep, quite true. Just as there is hatred between football clubs, blondes/ brunettes, tall /small etc. I think it must be a natural instinct to bind with your 'own kind' and 'fight' for your corner So yes, I agree everyone is racist to a certain degree.

I live in Chingford, North London, where the BNP have been active in the past. I must get out a custard pie to place by the front door, just in case the scumbags go canvassing in my neighbourhood

I don't particulary think your statement is just. If the majority of the population voted BNP would that make them scumbags too?? Due to the media giving a gigantic negative stereotype regarding BNP policies, they are percieved to be evil, actually read what they say and you will see they are (on the whole) representing a vast area of the population.

I would be more than happy if Labour got into Government again.. but please toughen our borders up, no more political correctness and listen to the people talk!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join