It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A trick to remember an important date

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The husband of a friend of mine is now using his wedding anniversary date as his ATM code number. He says he used to forget the date all the time but he would never forget the atm number, so now he doubles them up and has not forgotton since. I thought a neat idea.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Actually that is a bad idea. You should never use any personal information for P. I. N. numbers. Birthdays, anniversaries, phone numbers, license plate numbers, etc., are too easy to get if the card is ever lost or stolen.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I suspect this may well be a very short thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I can remember the day we got together, and her birthday, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what my P.I.N number is, I never have enough cash to make much use of it :shk:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Once upon a time, in line at a drive-up ATM, the driver in front of me discovered the previous user had left his card in the machine. I suggested he simply put it back in, hit 3 incorrect PINs and let the machine keep the card, effectively making it safe. He agreed, put the card in the slot and punched 5555. It was his PIN.

PINs must have no logical connection to the user. Try to make them as random as possible.

NC

top topics

join