It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most digusting thing you ever smelled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Please abide by the T&C in this thread, as well as good manners. No reference to bodily functions need be posted. Thanks.

One of the worst things I had ever smelled was milk that was very old. I had it in my refridgerator, for I don't know how long. When I opened it, the smell almost knocked me over! Yuck!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
When I was younger my uncle worked for a dairy and we would get free milk and juice for free. We recieved it by the crate, and they would begin to stock up. After awhile the orange juice was going bad and once a crate went unnoticed and sat for weeks.

Pouring it out it was in lumps and the more I poured the more I gagged.

In the end I was mopping up the floor and washing my clothes.

Orange juice that has turned black, is the official worst smell in the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Gotta tell ya, as a prior leo, there is nothing on this earth that compares to the smell of a deceased body. I'd willingly believe that most crime-scenes world-wide are discovered by smell.

Something deep in the base of your brain instantly knows what decaying flesh smells like. Even when your prepared for it, it sends off every alarm-bell in your body.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Two words: Dead Human aka Long Pork

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
One of the worst smells I've experienced is the Durian fruit - popular in Malaysia.

Smells like an open sewer and hangs arround for ages !

[edit on 17/4/2006 by Jamesmickael]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Camping in Virginia, we rented a cabin out in the woods. Just up the hill from the cabin, which was pretty isolated (about a mile from anything), was an outhouse. The smell from the waste coming from the hole in the ground was horrible. It was all I could do to finish the job and get out of there before I lost my gfood

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Another from my list....

Cooked Beef liver. Disgusting! And it does'nt taste all that great either!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Lived in Florida for awhile. Fished with cut-up squid every now and then. Once left a package of squid in the trunk of my car....in August...went to Nassau for the weekend.

The odor was actually visible. A kind of shimmering, pukey haze.

Never completely got the smell out of the car.

NC

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think there's a tie between my son's diapers when he was a baby and the time someone left pasta in the pan, covered, for a week.

I was pregnant at the time of the pasta discovery, and when you're pregnant your sense of smell really gets sharp. I was cleaning out that pan and trying not to hurl!

Now I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it....

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Speaking from personal experience, this is an easy one.

Several years ago, I went on a camping/canoe trip with about 50 people, sponsored by a local bar. There was a big cookout on Saturday night - barbecued chicken. Some liquor was involved.

The next weekend, most of us were at the bar and the guy that had hauled most of the supplies asked me to give him a hand getting some stuff out of his van. Turned out, among other things he had a cooler full of raw chicken still in the van from the previous week that he's "forgotten about". (Did I mention there was liquor involved?)

The lid fell off the cooler when we pulled it out, and OMG, I swear I'd have buried my face in a dirty diaper to get away from that smell.

It was worse than the time in college living in a dorm when I got up to shower on a Saturday morning and someone (or maybe the entire lacrosse team, from the looks of it) had upchucked all over the bathroom the night before. Yes, liquor was involved.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a rancid fart from a fat man which reaked of rotten eggs and hair dye, hair dye i guess but more like that permed hair smell at foo foo hair salons

and once I was in a car that someone left a big thing of hamburger meat in the trunk in the middle of summer and we got in the next day...

also death has an unsettling smell imoo

/barphs

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Raw Sewage.

I reckon dead bodies probably smell worse, but having never "smelled" one, I have to go for sewage......it's like your nose experiences three years worth of a sweaty mans feet constantly dipped in a mix of urine and ammonia, all in one sniff.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by chebob]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I once made the mistake of flipping over a dead skunk.

Dead + Skunk =

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Me and a buddy of mine took some dude's advice and went fishing for catfish at a sewage water treatment plant. As I got closer and closer the smell became more pronounced. As I got down to the edge of the water the smell was so overwhelming that I knew I was going to spew. I ran back to the car but I couldn't escape the spew. So I was running and spewing for about a hundred yards.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
M e and my freind were playing a prank on somone so we left some milk in a shed and forgot about it 6 months later cleaning out the shed , ever see grren milk? , i did , ever smell green milk i did...=

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My great-uncle was expelled from high school back in the 1920's (nearly impossible to do, back then) for creating a stink.

The school had a steam heating system, with a grate and radiator in every room.

On a fairly warm day in autum, a couple of days before the intended start-up of the steam system, he put about 5 lbs. of grated lumberger cheese into the radiator fins in one of the ground floor school rooms.

He actually had forgotten about the cheese. I guess a cold front hit on a friday, and the system was running on low for most of the weekend. Warming the cheese and aerosolizing it throughout the school.

School was out for a week while a replacement unit was manufactured, shipped and installed. He paid the county for it over a period of decades.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Butyric Acid.
It puts the GAG-Factor in spoiled milk, butter, cheese.
My 8th grade Science teacher put some in a petri dish.
Just a little bit. but enough to clear out 2 floors of our middle school.

Those with the weakest stomachs, barfed on the way out.

That was the last time my science teacher performed that experiment..!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've smelled some really rancid odors in my life but the one that takes the cake above all else would have to be rotten potatoes.

Decaying flesh smells like decaying flesh but rotten potatoes smell like HELL!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Worst thing I have ever smelled was last summer when the refridgerator that we had on the back deck died out and nobody knew for like three weeks until one day I opened it up to get out a beer and instantly threw up all over the yard. We had a leftover ham from Christmas in the freezer and it was swollen and bloated and running over with maggots and the stuff had been rotten so long many of the maggots had turned to flies inside the frig and the ham was moving it had so many bugs inside. Lets just say the smell was so awful that we had to cover our faces with masks and hose the frige down with bleech before we could even think of moving or cleaning it. It stank through the mask even, man it was nasty !!

new topics

top topics

join