It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busybodies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
My mother and sister have this family friend...we used to live two doors down from him a long time ago, and we've known him since 1979, and he's in his 80s now. He lives in one Detroit suburb, and my mother, sister, and aunt live in a neighboring suburb.

This friend has been a very good friend for over 25 years and has done a lot for us, and he is like a grandfather to me and my sister. His house has fallen into disrepair, his furnace doesn't work, and his house is uninhabitable, so my mother is letting him stay at her house, rent-free, while his brother helps him sell his property and get another place.

Then there's The Busybody, who lives across the street from his house. She had the chutzpah to go over to my mother's house and tell my sister that this friend had no business there! My sister told her to get off her property or she'd call the police!

The Busybody is just plain nosy. When my sister and I were kids we'd play in this family friend's yard and she'd be watching everything through binoculars in her house. One time she aggravated my sister and our cousin, and our cousin gave her a shot out of her Super Soaker!

One time around Xmas, probably in the mid-70s, she actually came up to our house and started decorating our front door with wrapping paper! My mother told her to scram! My parents always complained about this woman.

Instead of telling my sister that the friend can't stay there, she should be happy that my mother took him in temporarily--rent-free--so he'd had a decent place to live! :bash:

[edit on 4/17/2006 by Amethyst]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hmmmm you could've spied on her and did all that stuff back to her. Then maybe she would've understood. And if not there's always the good old pie in the face.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hate people like that!

What was her reasoning behind why your family friend "has no business there"?

And what business of hers is it to tell your mom what and who she should allow in her own house?

And who decorates front doors with wall-paper anyways?

This girl sounds psycho.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Some people really do not see the errors of their way. They need to be a priority for everybody, and be involved in everything around themselves. This is more often than not simply because their own lives are inadequate for themselves and they need to experience something worthwhile through someone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Busybody must be in her 70s or 80s by now.

I haven't lived in Michigan since 1993.

My sister is not above giving her a double bird either...I wouldn't do it, I'd just ignore her or wave or something.

My cousins wouldn't have thought twice about mooning her either....

new topics

top topics

join