It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levels of Awareness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I heard a gentleman talking about what level he was and it had something to do with awareness. Does anyone know what this is about? How many 'levels' are there?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think it depends entirely on what Eastern mysticism you are reading.

Gurdjieff's take on it was interesting.

It makes you reconsider 'awareness' from scratch.

I'll be a Level 4 man for you today.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
MA: I�d never heard of Gurdjieff before. So did some reading on Gurdjieff.org. Intereting fellow indeed. I would like to read some of his work, found numerous of his books on Amazon. Where would you recommend I start?

Also a contemporary of his, P. D. Ouspensky�s Tertium Organum sounded very interesting...

Is the Level 4 you referer to related to the writings of Gurdjieff?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
operator

Yes, Level 4 is where I would humbly put myself in the continuum of awareness.

I wonder however if Lucifer heard someone talking about military intelligence codes like "Above Top Secret"? There really is too much in the amorphous concept of "awareness" to be able to assume one body of teaching should define it, or any one person's experience is more "aware" than any other's.

The best (but not easiest to take in, after the first third) encapsulation of Gurdjieff's theory of the psyche and our interaction with the world is probably Ouspensky's "The Fourth Way" from the 50s.

My own readings started with Gurdjieff's "Meetings With Remarkable Men".

There is a lot to absorb.

I see no harm in dipping in and out of these works at random, no matter what the various foundations established to further these teachings might say.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Gurdjieff taught ouspensky what he knew but their view is very different...

ma, do you agree with Gurdjieff's view of this "earth"...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I actually cannot believe it! The nail on the head. I have always sort of been keen on awareness from scrath as my own spiritual, philosophical and intellectual development has occured in my life.
That is why 'labels' and generalizations are frustrating; everything as one is yet so personal and interpersonal.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
discerning the way between the truth and the lie...
thanks for the props...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have really not done enough reading to determine whether I can agree with Gurdjieff's view of the earth, but he is certainly a cut above most psychoanalysts in his interpretation of the human condition.

I can't find the various 'centres' he describes in my own psyche because it hurts my head to do so, but I will plug on with reading as the material is more important than most other junk thrust in front of people as an excuse for literature.

new topics

top topics

join