It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isnt GOD like he is on the Simpsons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do you know how like on shows like the Simpsons and Cedric the Entertainer they portray GOD as being an upbeat person that jokes around and doesnt want us to pray alot? He would always be making jokes. Why cant the real GOD be like that? It would be easier to pray. Mass would be a HELL of alot easier to sit through. and not everything would be a sin.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I agree totally, hehe. Who actually thinks that God wants to sit
around in a throne for all eternity being told how great he is and listening to melancholy hymns about it too. C'mon, I mean every church or faith service you see on t.v. or such all promote/portray this wispy and remote view of God with severity and cold unapproachable natures. Long live Buddy Christ!

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Try and get to know Him, and then you'll understand.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
lol
More so, its funny and strange how of all people to potray the Devil, it is played by Ned Flanders the God fearing "Super Christian".

Me thinks the writers may be hinting at some underlying dilema in this world

Deep

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Some thing tells me that when we die and we go to the pearly gates God jumps up in front of you and does that Fonzy thumb thing. Hehe life is like a comedy with god as the director but everyone is too afraid to laugh.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by SilverDeath]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Because this view of God was made up by people with a distorted view of Him. They want a god to fit into their lifestyle and not own up for their faults.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
lol
More so, its funny and strange how of all people to potray the Devil, it is played by Ned Flanders the God fearing "Super Christian".

Me thinks the writers may be hinting at some underlying dilema in this world

Deep

Oh
, that is just too deep man.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Because this view of God was made up by people with a distorted view of Him. They want a god to fit into their lifestyle and not own up for their faults.

I just want to know how do you swim in a crystal sea. I mean if I do make it to heaven I want to go swimming. Of course, I would be singing hyms the whole time and I would take no pleasure in it.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think when you see God and Jesus before you, you'll be so thrilled that you'd forget your Earthy thrills. Who really knows, He might let you swim for such excellent service on His Earth. We'll have to see.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
I think when you see God and Jesus before you, you'll be so thrilled that you'd forget your Earthy thrills. Who really knows, He might let you swim for such excellent service on His Earth. We'll have to see.

I do love surprises. I suppose that's why I'm here. I have the feeling though that we all will be surprised when we see God and Jesus.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
UI,
More than any word could say about the Beatific Vision. I can't wait!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Chances are, I won't be seein' him...I've got a room reserved....downstairs, hehe....

Seriously though, I'd prefer a God to be more like the one portrayed by George Burns in the Oh God! movies...

The "real"
God though, prefers to punish the many for the deeds of the few, and seems to enjoy the slaughter of millions of innocents (i.e. the Flood, the Plagues of Egypt, etc.). Some feel God isn't near as active nowadays.... I say that's a damned good thing!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Gaz,
Have a question for you, wasn't the Code of Chivalry built on Chrisitian ideals and values?

God is active on His Earth, you just need to open your eyes. God isn't a cruel god, if he was, he wouldn't of given His Son for our salvation.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WHOSE "Code of Chivalry", Cearbhall?

Every society has one, you see, though some are more formalized than others (the code of the Samaurai, for instance.) Today, many religions have such a code, including the Jedi and some branches of the Wiccans.

Where did it come from? Well, there's a long and tangled history behind it. The original "knightly" class was Roman, and many of the ideals came from the Goths/Teutons. Christianity reworked it in the Dark Ages and it continued from there.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   

God isn't a cruel god, if he was, he wouldn't of given His Son for our salvation.

Do you realize the comedy of that statement!
I'm sure that while Jesus was being nailed to the cross..the LAST thing on his mind was God not being cruel, hehe...
He was probably thinking..."Geez Dad! Couldn't I have been killed some less painful way? Maybe a blow to the head...burned at the stake, etc.?"

I have many ideals that would be considered "Christian". However, I cannot just allow myself to believe the parts of the Bible I want to. That's just silly imho...and accepting Christianity, I would have to do so...when the book is full of God's vanity, and temper tantrums....

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Easy, easy gentlemen, just a question!
*ducks for cover*

Gaz,
Jesus was willing to go through whatever His Father wanted Him to go through, without complaint for the fact of His immeasurable love for us.

I am not talking about the Samurai code. I'm talking about the European "code of chivary." What did/does the King or Queen say when knighting someone? What are they sworn to uphold?

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Gaz,
Jesus was willing to go through whatever His Father wanted Him to go through, without complaint for the fact of His immeasurable love for us.

Sure...according to the bible..but what actually happened? I'm betting he was screaming like a little girl when they nailed those spikes in!
I think anybody would be...

Byrd was also speaking of the European code....

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm sure he screamed and was in agony. Like you said, anyone would. There is nothing wrong of men to show agony and pain.

I know Byrd was talking about the European stuff, I thought I had to clarify on what code i was talking about.

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Cearbhall]

top topics

join