It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vigilante/s Targetting Sex Offenders?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have a question, has any one else noticed how those in the Department of Homeland Security are being caught for attempting to have sex with minors? The first that I heard of was caught on Dateline when they did their piece on internet predators and the other was the Head of the Department of Homeland Security. Any one know of any others?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
they should attack sex offenders........especially child molesters. If the judicial system wont get rid of em then the people should.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have one question for the people who believe sex offenders can be "cured".

Do You Have Children? And if it was your child who was "violated" would you feel the same way.

I have children, god help the person who hurts them.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1701
I have children, god help the person who hurts them.

I'm with you on that. I would willingly spend my life in jail if anyone harmed one hair on my kids' heads.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's exactly those sorts of attitudes that make it so strange, to me at least, that so many perverts survive their freedom.

As far as the DHS, and other assorted pervs in power.

I was just reading last night about 9 NINE prison guards suspected of molesting 6 girls at a state facility, in Maryland I think. These sorts of scenarios play out in every state, and you hear about it maybe once a year.

I have no sympathy for a prison guard who takes advantage of a vulnerable 13 year old girl. It's like these bastards who get girls drunk to reduce their resistance to pressure.

If you can't play nice, you ought to lose the right to your equipment, at the very least. It's even worse when the people in positions of power betray the public trust. I think even capitol punishment is too good for them.

In all seriousness I say, bring back gladiatorial combat, and let these men who want to live like animals die in a similar fashion, for the amusement of those able to restrain their violent impulses. I don't see anything wrong, or barbaric about that. Of course these are my personal opinions here, and I'm sympathetic to the argument of the opposition to such plans.

They argue, and rightly I suspect, that when we give in to that side of ourselves we betray another, even more sacred trust, and become something less than human. My answer to that is: look around, we've hit rock bottom. There is nowhere left to sink. It's time we began the redemption process.

Ideally our society would engender mutual respect and a live and let live attitude. Unfortunately, our current society doesn't seem to engender much of anything besides violence and greed. Changing that is necessary, but there's nothing to say we can't bring back the games as well...

Edit: I guess it would be easier to mandate a serious impulse-control regimen, k-12, but think of the spectacle...

[edit on 25-4-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
to all those that advocate violence towards pedophiles. I appreciate your viewpoint, but you could be wrong...

Sometimes the info on these pages is incorrect, or out of date...

On NPR, they told about one guy, that had death threats on his family, and his children had been harrassed...
he had unknowlingly bought a car from a registered sex offender. That was the only connection...
some of the threats on his family make me wonder if they put the correct people on the correct side of the bars...

Also, sex offenders encompasses many things besides pedophila/rape...
what about the 16 yr old, that had sex with his consentual partner...
that by definition is rape, but neither would claim that title...

but according to some violent people, they also deserve to die...

that is why i say, unless you know for sure, then you cannot judge another...
and you certainly should never take the law into your own hands...
(although i can certainly understand personally why you would want to)

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
All good points Lazarus.

I hope you don't think I'm advocating violence (except in the context of the arena idea).

I'm frankly just surprised, given the prevalent attitudes, that more violence isn't done against sex offenders.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lazarus --

I am in no way a vigalante. But, my question remains the same. (lets leave out 16 year olds having consentual sex).

Please don't sit there and tell me that if it was your child who was "violated" that you wouldn't want 5 minutes alone with the person who did it.

I'm not talking about going after sex offenders for "fun". Or just because there sex offenders.

I'm saying if someone hurts one of my kids, and I was to "have at them" there isn't going to be much left of them after 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Vigilante/s Targetting Sex Offenders?

I have to say, I'm all for it! There are a lot of bad people in the world that we need to be rid of....and why have our tax dollars go to jailing them and then going toward programs that help them when they are released? The world is becoming a more and more nasty place. We need some people to come along and take them out! I wouldn't mind my tax dollars going to help the vigilantes....I'd even throw in a little extra!

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yeah they've done bad, like that one kid who was making out with what he believed to be a 16 y.o. girl at a party. He's listed as a sex offender with the really nice guys like rapist etc. Wonder if they'd think twice about this system if he'd been one of the killed?

I have a better one for you. What if it were the tree pisser that is on the Registry that got murdered? Do you think anyone would care about that one? What about the 18 year old guy with the 17 year old girlfriend and the age of consent is 18. Would he deserve this? What about the two 16 year olds, convicted of sexual assault against each other because the age of consent is 18? Would they deserve this. Oh, and their baby that was born from this crime.

So tell me, do they all deserve the same treatment? How do you tell which is which?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There's a big difference between a violent sexual predator and a statutory rapist.

They should be sentenced accordingly, IMO. Statutory rape is minor, assuming it's nonviolent. Rape is major. There's a reason we have the distinction between the two sorts of rape.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
There's a big difference between a violent sexual predator and a statutory rapist.

They should be sentenced accordingly, IMO. Statutory rape is minor, assuming it's nonviolent. Rape is major. There's a reason we have the distinction between the two sorts of rape.

Not all states do distinguish though. That is the problem. One of the ones murdered in ME was 24. His crime was a Romeo/Juliet incident. As you can see, there is not much difference at all made. I say take them down and parents watch their children like I watched my Children and now watch my Grandchildren!

I am a survivor of Child Molestation. Not all are victims. I refuse to be a victim.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Any sex offenders that had children involved should be executed. So it dosent really bother me. If anything these vigilantes are doing us a favor.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Amber, I think you're right in that the states don't do enough to differentiate between violent and non-violent sex offenders.

It shouldn't surprise anyone though, our whole justice system is bass ackwards.

We've got prisons overflowing with non-violent offenders. :shk:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudCanadian

sex offenders, i might kill someone that hurt a child sexully or any other way- on the other hand, sex offender punishment (web site info. ex.) isn't about punishment or the safty of nameless chilren, it's about making the public very very angry and giving them a focus to their anger. thers many sides to this but i'll just say, the reason the infomation is out there is so normal citizins will become 'batmen' thats the point. not all sex offenders that have to register rape children. alot of them take pleas so they wont go to jail forever. point is, Disney gets the next big thing to shake their 14 year old ass all over the country and no one cares, more and more men are starting to be attracked to teenagers and when something happens their turned into sex offenders with trumped up cases, think about it, you could be the next "sex offender" if you don't think so i think you need to take a closer look at you local legislation as to what is the clasifation of a sex offender, it has no alot to do with kids except the explotaion of children to boost corcern for something the government wanted to happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why oh Why do the good crazy folk kill themselves....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join