It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Ignorance II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article I just came across.
It discusses the UFOs over DC in 1952.

www.americanchronicle.com

UFO Ignorance II

Frank Warren
April 12, 2006

By 1952 the Air Force was in “full debunking mode,” and that summer would offer a grandiose example of how far the Air Force would go to explain away the Flying Saucer (UFO) Phenomenon.

Common folk (those “mildly” knowledgeable about UFOs) have often said, “If they are from another planet, why don’t they just land on the Whitehouse lawn?” Ironically, in July of 1952 they came very close to doing just that!

The headline of the Washington Post’s Final Edition of July 28th, 1952 declared, “’Saucer’ Out Ran Jet, Pilot Reveals.” The article went on to reveal a “secret military investigation” of what were described as “glowing aerial objects“ that were appearing on radar screens in the Washington area for the second consecutive week. Pilots sent up by the ADC (Air Defense Command) reported that they were unable to overtake the UFOs that were near Andrews Air Force Base.

A good read

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Most people in 1952 were shocked about hearing this. I mean, people were now paranoid after that, with Communism and the Cold War at its height in the 1950's. Possibly a Russian spying effort? I have heard of Hitler creating UFOs as a theory, maybe the Russians got it from them? Just my thoughts.

5aret

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Good read..
This in itself should be proof that they are real and fearless, especially if one was a child and viewed it from their POV.
They stayed as long as they wished and we did not fire at them.It was kind of like a movie, but real.
When the debunkers say they are not real, do as I did. Go to your local archives and read all the newspapers, etc that covered this event..
Never did we get any type of explanation as to what they were.
This was a Roswell in front of all the world to see.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes, here is one image that was taken earlier this morning!

But seriously, its a wonder why the aliens did not land on the white house lawn, they easily could have.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The aliens did land and an alien named Valiant Thor came to Washington DC after landing in Alexandria VA. He meet with the president and stayed at the pentagon for three years. The said that they were from the interior of Venus and they came to show mankind a better way to live. The US government rejected their offer. They said that they were here to show us the way of God and they also stated that the bible and the Christ were true.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliencowboy
The aliens did land and an alien named Valiant Thor came to Washington DC after landing in Alexandria VA. He meet with the president and stayed at the pentagon for three years. The said that they were from the interior of Venus and they came to show mankind a better way to live. The US government rejected their offer. They said that they were here to show us the way of God and they also stated that the bible and the Christ were true.

ooook..... what is this supposed to mean and what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

5aret

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
is it government or alien. if it's government which government or governments.

Is this technology more important than nuke technology?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
aliencowboy, you're not trying to mock anyone are you?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
is it government or alien. if it's government which government or governments.

Is this technology more important than nuke technology?

I think its government, and if it was, it was the Russians.

Alien technology is definitelly more important than nuke technology.

5aret

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
you don't think both the U.S. and Russia have them?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Extraterrestrial lifeforms are not needed here.

What would a UFO event over DC demonstrate?
-- That unknown aircraft could penetrate the US homeland unopposed.

Who stood to gain the most by scaring the p*ss out of the Congress and the White House?
-- The military and the intelligence community.

Who needed (or at least, badly wanted ) the funding?

-- The Air Force wanted to build a Really Big radar net around the US (they'd been fighting since 1947 and still didn't have enough radar sites to their satisfaction) and they wanted a whole lot of shiny new interceptor aircraft.

-- The CIA wanted new reconnaissance aircraft and they wanted satellites.

-- The Army wanted new missiles to hook into the Air Force's radar net so they could shoot down things.

(The Navy was probably in on the action, too, although I haven't researched that aspect yet.)

Did it work?

-- After WWII, US Military spending fell dramatically, but jumped almost 100% in FY1952/53 to well over 10% of Gross Domestic Product where it stayed for a decade; it's been below 10% GDP since then. (TruthAndPolitics.Org)

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I dont agree that our own Military did it. I think it probably was the Russians.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5aret
I dont agree that our own Military did it. I think it probably was the Russians.

You had to quote an entire post for that?

Any facts in evidence to back up your opinion?

We already know that the Soviets didn't have the planes or resources or technology to overfly Washington in 1952, although the public didn't know that at the time. So, where'd these Ressian flying saucers come from?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand
You had to quote an entire post for that?

Sorry, i didnt know it was that big. Just a little mistake.

I blelieve it was the Soviets because the soviets had taken satillite photos before or after (not sure) the DC sightings. An example of this is Russian satilite photos of Area 51. I ruled out that our own Milatary did this was because wouldnt the Pres. or someone know about this? I mean, the president is the head of the military, and he didnt know? So the milatary was plotting against him to get more funding? I just dont buy that.

5aret

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

...the soviets had taken satillite photos before or after (not sure) the DC sightings.

Lots after. The Soviets launched their first spy satellites about the same time as the US, in the early 60s.

...wouldnt the Pres. or someone know about this? I mean, the president is the head of the military, and he didnt know?

The Prez knows lots of things that we don't and we never will. And President Truman didn't seem overly concerned with the UFOs buzzing the White house, just the publicity surrounding them.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by rand]

[edit on 16-4-2006 by rand]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The Prez knows lots of things that we don't and we never will.

I agree. But still, would the Pres. allow his military to decieve Congress just to get more funding for the military? If the Pres. knows so much, couldnt he at least ask Congress for more or something, without hoaxing a UFO sighting over Washington? Just a thought.

5aret

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The Prez knows lots of things that we don't and we never will.

I agree. But still, would the Pres. allow his military to decieve Congress just to get more funding for the military? If the Pres. knows so much, couldnt he at least ask Congress for more or something, without hoaxing a UFO sighting over Washington? Just a thought.

5aret

To answer the first question, Yes.

To answer the second question, No.
He wasn't trying to alarm congress, some of them probably had an idea about it too, he was trying to alarm the American people. There is a difference. Who knows maybe the pres did ask congress but maybe he just wasnt happy with their response.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And my final question, do you have any proof for your opinion?

5aret

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And my final question, do you have any proof for your opinion?

5aret

no, but still it makes much more sence than your scenario.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join