It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart stops selling firearms!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wal-Mart is stopping the sales on firearms according to some sources, or at the VERY least, all new stores that opened no longer sell them, is this because of the post-Walton bureaucracy?

but as far as I heard the sales of firearms are completely being phased out and a gunless wal-mart might be what we will have in the future, this is pretty good news for all the local outfitters and the general gun-grabbers, but a good gun deal at wal-mart is not an option anymore...not that they had many good deals anyway since they only sell the more expensive domestic firearms like Remingtons, Winchesters and H&R.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've never looked into the connection..but

Right after K-mart stopped selling ammunition they filed for Bankruptcy protection. YOu might remember the confrontation in the Bowling for Columbine movie. Moore vs. K-mart execs..Who eventually agreed to stop selling ammo, after a 90 day phase out period (to "unload" the merchandise, hehe).

It will be interesting to see the economic effects to Wal-Mart, if they stop selling guns. The impact will be telling. Will they lose lots of money? Or will it be a minor blip in the revenue?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Can still buy rifles here.
don't think I've seen hand guns for sale in wal mart lately or ever?... then again I dun really look.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
they definitly won't sell handguns of any kind since they are weapons often used in crime, they want no affiliation with crime in anway, even though they sell baseball bats and such...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hmm, I remember a talk me and my dad once had about what we would do if Mexico invaded the US (I know, crazy talk, but anyway...). I said that I would go to the nearest Wal-Mart and take the best gun I could and as much ammo as I could fit into my pockets. But he said that I wouldn't need to take anything, they would be handing them out.

You know, I just thought of something. Could this be a part of some sort of planning by the government? Ok, let me spell it out so it doesn't sound like I am making a wild accusation.

--US government plans on using an Avian Flu outbreak in the United States in order to put into place Martial Law, then a dicatorship government which will get a hold of all the guns in a plan similar to what happen in Iraq in the interest in "keeping the peace"

--US government sends a representitive to Bentonville, Arkansas to talk with the executives of the largest retail store in the country, each store having both guns and ammo. They ask politely that they take these guns off their shelves in exchange for approving them getting a bank (which would lead to bigger things for Wal-Mart, so the executives think, lol).

--Wal-Mart announces that they will be stopping the sales of guns in favor of stocking other sporting goods (as of right now this is in about a third of their stores, but I won't be surprise if this doesn't slowly expands). Even though they say that there is a lack of demand for guns, this is based off of doctored numbers to show a decrease in demand.

Ok, it sounds wild, but I just don't see there being just a fall in demand for guns.

As for this being the beginning of a rumblings for bankruptacy for Wal-Mart, if that is true, then we are all doomed, eh?

At least that is how I see it.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have at least 5 Walmarts withing 20 miles of me. Only two of them are going to stop selling guns as the company said that they didn't move enough of the firearms to justify their "shelf space" in the store.

According to the press release, the only Walmarts that sell guns are in Alaska, and they should continue to sell them there unless there is a problem in the future.

Originally posted by Spacedoubt

Moore vs. K-mart execs..Who eventually agreed to stop selling ammo, after a 90 day phase out period (to "unload" the merchandise, hehe).

KMart (big K) doesn't sell ammo anymore? My local store still sells some rifle and pistol ammo and still has shotgun shells. I just bought some .22 ammo and some 12 gauge shotshells in December of last year.

JDub

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just for the record, WalMart has not set a policy to stop selling firearms. About one third of stores have made a decision not to, based on business considerations:

Updated: 3:46 p.m. ET April 14, 2006
BENTONVILLE, Ark. - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has decided to stop selling guns in about a third of its U.S. stores in what it calls a marketing decision based on lack of demand in some places, a company spokeswoman said Friday.

The world’s largest retailer decided last month to remove firearms from about 1,000 stores in favor of stocking other sporting goods, in line with a “Store of the Community” strategy for boosting sales by paying closer attention to local differences in demand.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
[Does anyone know of any florida wal-marts still selling shotguns?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This has already been discussed before. Do a search.

Basically Wal-mart employees suck and can't fill out the paperwork properly. They found it more profitable to discontinue gun sales vs the heavy fines from the gov.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As bad as it must suck to work at wal-mart, I bet some worker-bees attempt to make a bit extra by taking bribes for "incorrectly" filling out a form.

Everyone who works there is desperately trying to find another job. Such folk can hardly be expected to look out for the Company's liability and interests.

Frankly, who can blame them. Would you?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Sounds like Wal-Mart finally found their morales.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
still plenty of guns and ammo at the walmart I go to here in tucson. In fact, its quite strange, the bullets, are not even behind the counter, they are just sitting in a stacked pallet open to anyone to grab. I thought they were waiting to be put behind the counter, but nope, stil there a week later. Strange.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Kansas City area has only a couple of Walmarts that sell guns, no pistols. They did this as a business decision as not every store sold many firearms. Putting the "gun" department into just a couple of stores keeps inventory under better control with sales people who know how to properly fill out the paperwork.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

Is this Morales guy a Walmart executive? Where did they find him?

new topics

top topics

join