It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: New Earth - Episode 1 of the 28th Season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well it's that time of year again! A time for family and easter bunnies and best of all, more New Who episodes to geek over! This weeks episode takes Rose and the Doctor to a new settlement modelled after Earth due to the nostalgia of the original getting blown up(Season 27 Episode 2: The End of the World). Zoe Weathermaker is back as the flap of skin we all came to hate in the aformentioned End of the World episode and she is stellar even when she starts hopping around in others peoples skin!

1 down, 12 to go. It's gonna be a great spring!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well this needs discussing...

How Amazingly Fantastically Wonderful has this series been?

Werewolves!!!!
Cybermen!!!!
Monsters in the Telly!

Best TV since Farscape!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The script writing is brilliant, humour, serious statements and sci-fi rolled into one. The way they get the humour in without it distracting from the seriousness of the "problem" is very clever. To swing, in minutes, from taking the piss out of a moronic domestic hitler incapable of hanging the Union Flag the correct way to a very serious statement about why we went to war with Hitler was done superbly. They even get the period details correct like the TV arials on rooftops which of course were totally different to todays. Dr Who even had his hair cut correctly!

Can't wait for the next episode which looks like a stormer, disgusting aliens, black holes and something ancient awakening.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
lol, well, it seems foreigners like it.

When the show (last year I believe) premired in the US, I figured It would be good, and It said it was a smash hit in the UK.

I watched the first 2 episodes and couldn't bare to watch anymore. I think its the worst sci-fi show I've seen in the long time. If I was 10 I might of liked it...but I'm not 10.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I used to watch Doctor Who as a kid from long ago. I thought it was a bit cornball or off the wall or whatever you call it back then. However I thought it was amusing. I've only seen the first season here in the US on the sci-fi channel. I liked it. Some or many of the stories are still ridiculous but it's entertaining to me. It's especially entertaining when everything else is a rerun on the sci fi channel.

I must admit, if I hadn't gotten so used to Doctor Who from long ago, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as entertained by the new episodes especially with the Darleks. I still have fond memories of these crude robotic creatures chasing people around shouting "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!"

The 28th season? Hopefully it will stay entertaining to me and others. It sure is a lot better than a number of poorly written sci fi shows. Friday night seems to be the night someone tries to cram all of the good scifi shows on here.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by orionthehunter]

top topics

join