It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the Only One Who Feels a Change?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
For about the last two months, I have noticed drastic changes in the "way"
of this forum.There seems to be a pall-A gloomy effect or atmosphere- that one can 'feel'.
This IMO, need to be addressed, as this is a denizen of the innocent and the sincere, but we do not hear from them as it used to be.
It is as if 'fear' of some type has penetrated the openness of this precious haven to many. Any comments? Can we find what it is and exorcise it?
Dis-regard if you do not share this feeling...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Huh? I haven't detected any sort of 'gloomy' feeling . . . I don't think. Perhaps an air of apprehensiveness, for want of a better word, but nothing else. Perhaps it's just an influx of new members. N00bs be the death of me!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Huh? I haven't detected any sort of 'gloomy' feeling . . . I don't think. Perhaps an air of apprehensiveness, for want of a better word, but nothing else. Perhaps it's just an influx of new members. N00bs be the death of me!

Perhaps it is an inordinate mass of newbies, that is why I try to be so careful in what I post, as we never know what type of effect a simple post may have on virgin members who are putting their trust in the answers form this board?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah it could just be all the new members. I was on this forum back in 2004 under a different name and I suppose it was a bit more...what's the word...
It just seemed a little more like everyone was really into the discussions. People seem to be getting really judgemental on this forum lately.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It is said that April is the cruellest month and I'd have to agree, living in Canada.

I look around, seeing the tender shoots of plants finally nosing out of the soil, little buds growing on the branches of trees and shrubs, birds building nests...all so promising...

But then a killing frost can come along, or a late blizzrd to dump feet of snow and all that promise is dashed to pieces in a few shivering hours.

Maybe that's what you're feeling, siriuslyone...that tentative hope of springs' warmth and the rebirth of nature threatened by a very possible harsh reality.

May will be better...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Yeah it could just be all the new members. I was on this forum back in 2004 under a different name and I suppose it was a bit more...what's the word...
It just seemed a little more like everyone was really into the discussions. People seem to be getting really judgemental on this forum lately.

Yes, that is one of the changes..but I think it is deeper than that.
It is a clear dis-ruption I have seen on other forums..
Like there is a coven of trolls that light upon a forum and try their best to dis-intergrate it in the process? Not at all caring for the positivity that has been built and the ones who have been helped.Just try to leave it in dis-array?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have to agree. I've attributed it to my absence from the site lately, but I don't really know. Every time I visit the site now it makes me sad.

Who knows what the reasons are, but I feel it too.

--Kit.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Maybe that's what you're feeling, siriuslyone...that tentative hope of springs' warmth and the rebirth of nature threatened by a very possible harsh reality.

Perhaps, but I have lived MANY Aprils and this has never been the case in my life..Harsh real-ity has become the norm everyday for the past few years
with all the horrid weather and hate...from the 4 corners of this orb.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
I have to agree. I've attributed it to my absence from the site lately, but I don't really know. Every time I visit the site now it makes me sad.

Who knows what the reasons are, but I feel it too.

--Kit.

To me it was like being in the desert for years, and all of a sudden you see an oasis and feel you will be able to continue your work of learning without needing to look for water each day, and in a bit you look around and wonder has this all been a mirage?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Would you prefer that the tone of this community suit your philosophy? If so, wouldn't that identify you as a person going through life with 'blinders', not wanting to see or inter-act with other viewpoints? The elitism exhibited in your post is not flattering.

Granted, many of the viewpoints or theories here are simply dumb, making discussion pointless. Yes, I said it, dumb.

This site and forum is a commercial venture now. It relies on 'hits' to generate revenue in order to offset the costs of providing the 'cyber community'. That is cold, hard reality. It's the job of the community to maintain its integrity.

Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.

Deny Groupthink.

NC

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
Would you prefer that the tone of this community suit your philosophy? If so, wouldn't that identify you as a person going through life with 'blinders', not wanting to see or inter-act with other viewpoints? The elitism exhibited in your post is not flattering.

Granted, many of the viewpoints or theories here are simply dumb, making discussion pointless. Yes, I said it, dumb.

This site and forum is a commercial venture now. It relies on 'hits' to generate revenue in order to offset the costs of providing the 'cyber community'. That is cold, hard reality. It's the job of the community to maintain its integrity.

Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.

Deny Groupthink.

NC

Elitism is the exact opposite of who/what I am and am trying to be.
If anybody wishes to judge me as such, then that is on you and your karmic outcome.
Of course this is a profit venture, and If I am wrong, then I hope I see it.
The first 10 months of being here was very enlightening and pleasurable.
Not intending to leave as there is less elsewhere on the net than in here.
I have 'met' a lot of persons who are sincere and I cherish them very much.
My Light may get dimmer, but never fades..
Caring for the owners and mods is the reason I dare to step out on this limb.
Perhaps one is only seeing what they wish and not being overwhelmed psychically by some forces.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If you are referring to gloomy as in predictions of some disaster every month I think I have gotten used to that. There seems to be either talk of some impending war, explosion, attack of some sort, or an impending natural disaster every month. Eventually something might happen. Of course for the paranoid here on ATS, it's what many of us seem to focus our thoughts on. We aren't concerned about the weather being nice and sunny unless it starts a massive forest fire. Of course if the weather is good, I may be outside instead of reading about the next impending disaster.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If you are referring to gloomy as in predictions of some disaster every month I think I have gotten used to that. There seems to be either talk of some impending war, explosion, attack of some sort, or an impending natural disaster every month. Eventually something might happen. Of course for the paranoid here on ATS, it's what many of us seem to focus our thoughts on. We aren't concerned about the weather being nice and sunny unless it starts a massive forest fire. Of course if the weather is good, I may be outside instead of reading about the next impending disaster.

Yes, I have noticed all the predictions, but I thank all that is of the Light for each day I have, especially the sunny ones.
It seems that personal verbiage is going downhill fast, in attacks and blatant insults to a person we do not know where they are coming from, and thus it makes me wonder who gives another the right to insult a screen name? Paranoia is only real if you allow it to be.
I can feel the adventures of some on here WHO are honestly sharing in the best way they know how, and they are slammed with negativity.
If they cannot depend on us veterans of this phenomenon. then where can they turn?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
If anybody wishes to judge me as such, then that is on you and your karmic outcome.....and...Of course this is a profit venture, and If I am wrong, then I hope I see it...and...My Light may get dimmer, but never fades...and...Caring for the owners and mods is the reason I dare to step out on this limb...and...Perhaps one is only seeing what they wish and not being overwhelmed psychically by some forces.

I'm bumfuzzled...what are you trying to say here? Can you dumb this rhetoric down to a layperson's level? Or is this more of the elitist spiritual jargon that us pragmatists can't decipher?

NC

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I'm bumfuzzled...what are you trying to say here? Can you dumb this rhetoric down to a layperson's level? Or is this more of the elitist spiritual jargon that us pragmatists can't decipher?

Nope, sorry, that is as dumb as I can post at this time in my life...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Something does feel off about this month.

I think its just been so many people either on spring break, or cramming for finals, or just away...its like the old faces you remember seem to be missing.

except for me....I'm always here....

...what do you mean you don't remember me!?!?!?!

..I'll be in my corner...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Something does feel off about this month.

I think its just been so many people either on spring break, or cramming for finals, or just away...its like the old faces you remember seem to be missing.

except for me....I'm always here....

...what do you mean you don't remember me!?!?!?!

..I'll be in my corner...

Hoping that is all it is, but has anyone ever experienced a psychic attack from an unknown place?
I am here a lot because I do business on the net, and read all the posts that are of interest to me.
Recently, there was a thread that called the poster everything but a human. It went on forever and that is when it became the most noticeable..
The piling on upon a poster by approx 40? people just opened my eyes, guess I have been watching since that time..
Come outta the corner, please...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
A psychic attack? I dunno....what would constitute a psychic attack? and how would I know if I was attacked?

...and I like the corner.....it fits well with my slammin new avatar (***warning that was an unneccessary plug for the Silent Hill Avatar I made for myself, ignore it, thank you. *** ))

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
A psychic attack? I dunno....what would constitute a psychic attack? and how would I know if I was attacked?

...and I like the corner.....it fits well with my slammin new avatar (***warning that was an unneccessary plug for the Silent Hill Avatar I made for myself, ignore it, thank you. *** ))

If everything in your life goes downhill due to no fault of you own, that is a general indication of a psychic attack, has a person or persons decided to put this kind of whammy in here? We have enough warriors to stop it.
What is that Avatar anyway? All I see for sure is the arrow,

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'll jump right out and say this.. because frankly I havent been impressed by many of your posts..

But maybe this "gloomy" feeling just follows you around.. and not anyone else? Maybe it's something in your writing, or claims, that start to make people say.. What? And very often, people do say wtf? and you get offensive. Everytime.

Take a look at your posts. People that offer up valid "real life" arguments are shuffled away by you in attempts to "believe my story!" type storylines.

If theres nothing else I hate more about the UFO/Alien forum, is that crap like this is, according the ToS, allowed. Even though the #1 main rule of ATS is NOT TO POST STUFF THAT YOU KNOW IS FALSE.

I call it storytime. Everytime I run acrossed your threads, I kick back and see if I can be bumboozled by your witty story lines.

Maybe this gloomy feeling is more and more people calling you out on lack of any substantial facts or sources. Just a "trust me" attitude doesnt go far on ATS for very long. Eventually, people step in and put a stop to it.

And that's what I've started. See you soon!

[edit on 4/16/2006 by QuietSoul]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join