It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tool Song....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Faaip De Oiad, is a song by tool in which they play a recording from a radio station in nevada, it's actually one of the only peices of music that actually scared the # out of me.

"The vocal on "Faaip de Oiad" is a recording of a hoax call from a 1997 conversation on Art Bell's radio program Coast to Coast AM. The caller, in a frantic tone, claimed to have been previously employed at Area 51 and stated that the true nature of aliens were that of "extra-dimensional beings" that have infiltrated the military establishment and plan to destroy the world's large population centers to more easily control the remaining humans. The caller called back during the same program to confirm the hoax. "Faaip de Oiad" is Enochian for "the voice of God." Described as Danny Carey's personal percussion piece for the album (as was "(–) Ions" on Ænima), he can be heard drumming intensely in the background along with sounds of static and various electronic debris. "

That's what About.com and wikipedia have to say about it, but I read a post from someone on a song meaning site that said they went to the radio station and talked to a host and no one ever called back to say it was a hoax, and they recieved 2 minutes of radio silence at the end of the call. The poster claimed to have checked the archives of the station and they backed up what the poster said.

I can't find the URL for the guys post on the song meaning site but I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything else about this.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think that he called in later and admitted it!
I guess someone have a link to this!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think I may have a recording of the Art Bell show in question, but it may take me a bit to find it now.
I'll let you know if I can find it.

join