It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we fit in, bugs or brain cells..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
haha yeah it's all abit too hard to think about, and will always be fruitless. I think i'd rather spend my time thinking about things that may give some results. I'd give anything to know though.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Wouldnt mind hearing more of your thought's regarding this Astyanax.

I mean to make a post of them, just as soon as I have the time.

Made the post. It's here. Doesn't seem to be an ATS forum into which it fits, so into BTS it goes.

Not to be taken too seriously, but may be good for a bit of a mind-stretch.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Astyanax, Thanks for the heads up on Teilhard de Chardin, not sure that i am in agreement with his hypothesis but it definately made for an interesting read. The church just cant help itself can it, anyone who dares to have free thought and throw up ideas is immediately thought of as a disruptive influence. Still narrow minded after all this time.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This part caught my eye.

In the history of life on Earth many evolutionary innovations have emerged. From the earliest prokaryotic life, the process had no apparent limit — it can be called open-ended evolutionary innovation (OEEI). Until recently, the process was believed to take place in a genetically closed system, Earth's biosphere. But the new field of astrobiology indicates that our biosphere may receive genetic input from elsewhere

www.panspermia.org...

Why not take it one step further and suggest that the seeding of earth and possibly other planets is but just a small part of the galactic/universe entity processing information through its body. The time it takes for this process to occur would mean nothing to a being of this size. The vacuum of space is the bloodstream coursing through this beings veins delivering life/information to its cells/planets which in turn spin and create energy to drive its metabolism.

The Great Attractor is a gravitational anomaly in intergalactic space at the centre of the local supercluster which reveals the existence of a localised concentration of mass equivalent to tens of thousands of galaxies, observable by its effect on the motion of galaxies over a region hundreds of millions of light years across.
These galaxies are all redshifted, in accordance with the Hubble Flow, indicating that they are receding relative to us and to each other, but the variations in their redshift are sufficient to reveal the existence of the anomaly.
The phenomenon was first discovered in 1986 and lies at a distance of somewhere between 150 million and 250 million light years (the latter being the most recent estimate) from the Milky Way, in the direction of the Hydra and Centaurus constellations. That region of space is dominated by the Norma cluster (ACO 3627), a massive cluster of galaxies, and contains a preponderance of large, old galaxies, many of which are colliding with their neighbours, and/or radiating large amounts of radio waves.
Attempts to further study the Great Attractor and other phenomena are hampered due to line of sight obstruction by its location in the zone of avoidance (the part of the night sky obscured by the Milky Way galaxy).

en.wikipedia.org...

A group of galactic entities getting together. Or perhaps if this were an universe size entity this is a thought process in progress like neurons firing off. It seems to me that in the scale of things we are so much dust, why then is it not possible for larger, aware, intelligent beings to exist. Where in fact does size stop. If our bodies where to somehow be able to grow to the size of a galaxy how far away from each other would our cells be. Planetary distances? Anyone know a way of working that out.
Even some kind of symbiotic relationship with neither of us knowing that in some way we are helping the other to survive. Still intrigues me!

M4S

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 2/5/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ahh whoops make that triple post, seem to be having some major probs with my system at the moment,sorry again.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Bump..

Just came across this, pretty cool

An enormous amoeba-like structure 200 million light-years wide and made up of galaxies and large bubbles of gas is the largest known object in the universe, scientists say...snip....
Another theory is that the bubbles are giant gas cocoons that will one day give birth to new galaxies.

wap.usatoday.com...

cocoons, or could they be organs in a living breathing universe. just love it when this stuff comes too light, how little we know about the body we live in.

if it is the birth of new galaxy's lets hope they are able to use some form of pain relief or even cry out, unlike some celebs in the news recently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join