It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 20 Dollar bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Before we get this started, I didn't know where to put this and I searched for it and couldn't get a direct topic on this already...so here goes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The most secure currency in U.S. history was introduced into the economy today, as a newly redesigned, colorful $20 bill was issued by the Federal Reserve System.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What does everything on the new 20 dollar bill with the blue ink and stuff inside? Here's the rest of the story.

www.moneyfactory.com...

Sorry if this has been posted already.

But..what's everyone's thoughts on this?

-WD

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was thinking that the ink has something in it to make it trackable. but wouldnt that be illegal? The government doesnt care. It could be trackable you never know with todays technology.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Likely the idea is to make the currency more difficult to counterfeit. I think that the US bills are among the only ones left in the world that are not multi-colored. This puts US counterfeiters at an advantage especially when overseas.

Many are speculating that this will cause two different currencies, one that will be valid and one that will be devalued.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Im out of a job.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't have a job.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hope terrorists counterfeiters are soon out of a job.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yep, I knew it, the deficit as gotten so bad, we are resulting to using Monopoly money!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I think that the US bills are among the only ones left in the world that are not multi-colored

Yep, we were kind of behind the times on this... Those little 20's all over the back are annoying and hideous though....

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Can I just stop by my local bank and 'buy' one? I guess it'd be best to keep the current ones though, you know how hard it is to get your hands on the old old $5, $10, and $20's now.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Of course you should keep the old 20 dollar bills

I would and am. Hmm..maybe the next new 20 dollar bill will be pink with a bright yellow inside!

-wD

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
yea u can get em at ur local banks not all of em have em yet tho

top topics

join