It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfeld more involved in Abu Graib prison abuse then previously thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This story is in regards to Donald Rumsfeld's previous statements in regards to his knowledge and invovement in The Abu Graib Prison Abuse Scandal. Before this article there was no indirect or direct proof contrary to what Mr. Rumsfeld claimed to be true. This article brings into question those claims. Prior to the releasing of this intellegence report Rumsfeld claimed that He had no knowledge of the abuses going on because we was not in contact with the Base Commanders. Those claims are also under fire in this article.

www.commondreams.org
WASHINGTON -- Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld closely monitored the late 2002 interrogation of a key Guantanamo Bay prison detainee at the same time that the prisoner was subjected to treatment that a military investigator later called ''degrading and abusive," according to newly released documents.

The documents, portions of a December 2005 Army inspector general report, disclosed for the first time that Rumsfeld spoke weekly with the Guantanamo commander, Major Geoffrey Miller, about the progress of the interrogation of a Saudi man suspected of a connection to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The intense attention Rumsfeld and Miller were paying to the interrogation raises new questions about their later claims that they knew nothing about the tactics interrogators used, which included a range of physically intense and sexually humiliating techniques similar to those in the Abu Ghraib torture scandal in Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Finally some conclusive evidence that the prison abuse scandals are not just a couple of "Bad Seeds". There needs to be accountability within the Administration for the grave Human Rights Violations the United States has perpetrated in the name of National Security and the War on Terrorism.

I believe that these documents are just the begining in a landslide of information that will become more and more available as the current Regime looses it hold over Washington.

Hopefully either Donald will roll or more information will become available that shows that both the President and Vice President as well as the Congress were complicit or atleast apathetic towards Human Rights Violations.

Related News Links:
www.boston.com
www.newyorker.com

[edit on 15-4-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

[edit on 19-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
He should stand down.

Major General John Batiste (ret) appeared on the "TODAY Show," and talked to Katie Couric about the reasons he believes Donald Rumsfeld should be fired

www.crooksandliars.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I totally agree that he should step down. Infact I think that its the only viable option for the survial and continued prowess of our military. Donald rumsfeld like George Tenet and the CIA is ruining our military might and our international credibility. The man has Bush's ear, obviously see "I'm the decider on TDS", and he is filling it with Hawkish propoganda.

Its awesome that you linked Crooksandliars...i love that page....

El senor pom pom rides again

new topics

join