It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My dad told me he once read somewhere that if they truely wanted to, they couldve found a cure for cancer, aids, and other deadly diseases by now. But the drug companies prevent this from happening because if it happened, there drugs wouldnt be baught to help with these diseases, same with the common cold, we "cant" cure it but think of all the drugs and prescriptions we use to help us get rid of it. So they do it all for money. I personally dont beleive this becuase why would they let millions of people die every year from diseases that can be cured for money? but, we do live in a crazy world.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Having closely watched the medical community for an extended period of time, I agree that it is more lucrative to treat cancer than it is to cure it.

Is it intentional? Considering the level of greed in US corporate aeries, nothing would surprise me anymore. I'd like to think there are still enough morally-grounded people to prevent this type of graft.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've also heard this rumour. Tbh it wouldnt suprise me if there was any truth behind the claim. It seems in the modern day and age, human life has become cheap, and until we have a means of truely being able to cure everything (bio-engineering maybe ???) we will always still have the greed that surrounds this field. I just hope that one day people will see beyond that of materialist greed, and see that of friendship towards fellow man.

join