It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico to boycott American Businesses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mexico has some nerve boycotting the United States because it wants us to legalize ILLEGAL immigration of thier citicens. Mexico's policy on immigration is MUCH stricter than the United States' policy before any amnesty reform. What gives them the right ?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Are you all here to debate etymology or discuss thise supposed boycott?

Originally posted by nuclearap0x
Mexico has some nerve boycotting the United States

Mexico isn't boycotting the US.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuclearap0x
Mexico has some nerve boycotting the United States because it wants us to legalize ILLEGAL immigration of thier citicens. Mexico's policy on immigration is MUCH stricter than the United States' policy before any amnesty reform. What gives them the right ?

Liberals who think the world should be able to live in the US.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marz

Originally posted by Kramthenothing
Marz I don't care what you say it means if one of them calls me a gringo they're gonna get punched in the face

Remember, they do hit back!

Now, if they called you a "Pinche Gringo" or "Guerro Culero"; you would be intitled to your feelings. But the fact that you just don't care; well, that says a lot. Need I say more...
Just a question here.What does Pinche Polo mean?Thanks

[edit on 04/17/06 by EasyRider]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Liberals who think the world should be able to live in the US.

The free movement of peoples and goods without national restrictions is a stated goal of Globalism, not "liberalism".

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The free movement of peoples and goods without national restrictions is a stated goal of Globalism, not "liberalism".

And a fine goal it is too. Nationalism and Religion have probably caused more grief and death than all other unnatural sources combined.

Zod

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm surprised the Fundamentalist Christians aren't more vocal against illegal immigrants from Mexcio considering Mexicans are mostly Catholic, which the Fundamentalist loathe.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, if some people wish to boycott business, let them it really isn't going to hurt anybody. If people of whatever nationality wish to enter this country let them do so legally. Whatever we do however, we need to quit caring about the color of someone's skin and care more about who they are inside. I work with people whose parents immigrated from Mexico legally and they don't like illegals whatever the country of origin. I hate to point this out seeing as so many people want to point fingers at Mexicans but we get illegals from many different countries not just Mexico and I have a problem with all illegals. Can we develop thicker skins and not let name calling anger us so much? Who cares what someone calls you as long as you know who you are and what you stand for? Also why is it a big deal for Mexicans to have and display their flag? It isn't a bad thing to be proud of where you came from and what you have accomplished. How do you know where you are going if you don't know where you came from? My ancestors came West on covered wagons so we have been Americans for generations but I know where my roots are and I'm proud of them as we all should be. Sorry if I got off topic but I worry that we will have race wars and I believe that they can be avoided by all practicing tolerance.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyRider
Just a question here. What does Pinche Polo mean? Thanks

Pinche (Mexican Spanish) = F word

Polo = someone by that name

Hope that helps...

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Marz]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marz

No your being ignorant for not learning the true meaning of the word, even though it was pointed out to you.

Oh give us all a break. If you had looked up the meaning in more then once source you would have found out it is considered an offensive term by some.

Here from my handy dany American heritage I have on my computer.

grin·go (gr¹ng“g½) n., pl. grin·gos. Offensive. Slang. Used as a disparaging term for a foreigner in Latin America, especially an American or English person. [Spanish, foreign, foreign language, gibberish, probably alteration of griego, Greek, from Latin Graecus. See GREEK.]
————————————————————
WORD HISTORY: The word gringo is an offensive term in Latin America for a foreigner, particularly an American or English person.

And now from Freedictionary.com

www.thefreedictionary.com...

grin·go (grngg)
n. pl. grin·gos Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a foreigner in Latin America, especially an American or English person

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Shotz - excellent.

Yours' may be the only sane voice I've heard here on ATS.

Personally, I have only heard the term used in a derogatory manor.

My thought on the boycott; If the illegals here don't buy our goods & services, where are they going to buy them from? If our goods are already on the shelves, what do they plan on doing?

Look at it this way, I own a local convienence store, my shelves are stocked with goods made in the USA, which I have paid for. Am I going to discard these goods and re-purchase goods made in China(for example)?

Who pays me for the goods I bought? And Who pays me for the goods I'm going to purchase from another Non-American source?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Remember several years ago when the NAACP tried to boycott South Carolina for flying the Confederate Battle Flag atop the State House? That boycott actually helped South Carolina's businesses.

I believe that this one sponsored by the Mexicans will boost American business to a point where we can say "We need whose business? Certainly not yours!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join