It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it all mean? (Dreams of a lifetime)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN? Dreams of a lifetime

I had the dreams again last night, the ones that I had as a child. I thought I had forgotten them all those years ago, but it would seem to no longer be the case. Why am I re-living dreams that haven't been in my memory for years now? I was certain that they had been lost once I awoke, but I have been proven wrong. They aren't the regular kind of happy dreams where I can fly, get to make passionate love to a non-existant girl, ride a great motorbike, and am popular. No, these dreams are of a different time for mankind, in which I am the avatar of the shattering of the old world, of the Hindu godess Shiva. Good and Evil are perceptions of the mind, and cannot be distinguished between, in these dreams. What I may see as being good for me, may be bad for others, and vica versa. In some of the dreams I am the leader of a global anarchist movement to deny fascism a chance to thrive, in others I am the forebearer of knowledge of impending doom and catastrophic global annihilation.

You may think that these are the learned perceptions of a crazed pessimistic anarchist manifesting themselves in dreams, but I dare to remind you that these aren't new dreams, and that I first had them in my childhood, well before I was even aware of the politics of fascism vs. anarchy. How many times must I (in dreams) witness the annihilation of the human race, the millions of burning corpses dragging themselves along the charred fields of a nation at war, bodies flying apart like leaves? How many times must I dream the dream of a feeble attempt to persuade mankind to see the err of it's ways and reject an oppressive fascist war state, only to see their annihilation because of ignorance?

They say that a samurai who witnesses too much death has the stare of a thousand yards, and knows no fear. I have seen evil and hell, and it's name is apathy; it's advocate, ignorance; it's harbingers, bigotry and zealousy. The rapture of our own undoing is nigh, initiated by our own pacification... the pale rider cometh for he who chooses anything but knowledge.

[edit on 15/4/2006 by nrky]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That story was was great. I like your writing, and your writing style.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by Flatwoods]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Oooooer! Thanks flatwoods! I finally got a writer title now, too.

I've been playing around with lots of different styles lately. This time I tried something along the lines of short, finalising sentences that have a pseudo-linearity. Some of my other work was long and drawn out, but this time I attempted to make something that was a collective of very short phrases and sentences that had definitive endings (well, most of them, not all). Unfortunately, reading this piece might lead one to the assumption that the author is schitzophrenic; that was the intention all along.

I'd also like to apologize for my butchering of prepositions and for using conjunctives as precursors to poorly-located adjectives. ^_^

join