It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AMA - Meanest Monopoloy Ever Organized!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
We cannot make this personal. Some people have one opinion and others have a different opinion. Just because someone won't agree with you doesn't mean they're stupid or evil. At the same time, we cannot take everything someone says personally.

Let's discuss the topic at hand, and not get defensive or offensive.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes I did take it out of context as a joke. You have taken quite a few things out of context yourself, like the very points I attempted to make earlier.

Obviously living healthier is not going to cure cancer from someone who already has it, and I never once stated otherwise. Living healthier may of course prevent it. I would prefer not to comment on your brothers case because that is a personal issue you may prefer not to discuss. However you have chosen to bring it up so may I inquire a little further?

In many cases liver cancer is actually caused by cancer of another organ spreading to it.

The liver is a common site of metastases from a variety of organs such as lung, breast, colon and rectum. When liver metastases occur at the time of initial diagnosis of the primary tumor, they are described as synchronous. If detected after the initial diagnosis, they are described as metachronous. The liver is frequently involved since it receives blood from the abdominal organs via the portal vein. Malignant cells detach from the primary cancer, enter the bloodstream or lymphatic channels, travel to the liver, and grow independently. We do not understand the mechanism of how a tumor cell can leave the primary site and grow in specific organs. Potentially, the environment of the liver is suitable to the growth of certain tumor cells. Once a tumor begins to grow in the liver, it receives its blood supply from the hepatic artery.

Source

Heptoma is cancer of the hepatocytes. (The main functioning liver cell). Hepatoma is primary liver cancer. Hepatoma usually grows in the liver as a ball-like tumor, invading the normal tissue surrounding it. A history of infection with the hepatitis B virus puts individuals at risk of developing heptoma.
Vinyl chloride is a toxic chemical compound frequently used in manufacturing. It is a combustible, colorless gas. Vinyl chloride is also known as chloroethene, chloroethylene, and ethylene monochloride. A known human carcinogen, vinyl chloride can cause liver cancer, brain cancer, angiosarcoma, and other health problems in people who are exposed to it.

People are exposed to vinyl chloride by either breathing in air containing vinyl chloride or consuming water contaminated with it.

Source

Those are other known causes. While a previous history of Hepatitis B is said to increase the risk of Heptoma, it does not imply that heptoma is caused by this, or whether someone who has/had H. B will ever get liver cancer.

Either way I am no expert, and these are only sources cited done with research by scientists and MD's who are most likely part of the AMA. Although he has passed, it may be interesting to find if any equipment he ever used would have exposed him to vinyl chloride. If not, then he perhaps had cancer in another organ without knowing it, or may have just been an unfortunate carrier of H. B in his past. Only you know for sure.

I am not going to sit here and say it was your brothers fault he got that cancer, but something he may have chosen to do in his life may have increased his likelihood of developing it. You never stated that your brother inherited this cancer through bad genes, so I will assume he did not.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This is my wife you're talking about. She may be a spitfire, but I still don't appreciate this comment.

Well, I didn't like you calling all doctors "b'tards", so we're even.

~MFP

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

Well, I didn't like you calling all doctors "b'tards", so we're even.

Doctors in the US are b'tards. Is that better?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Doctors in the US are b'tards. Is that better?

Your wife is only egomaniacal when she posts. Is that better?

~MFP

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

Your wife is only egomaniacal when she posts. Is that better?

Three words well worth the ban:

[Mod Edit: Removed abusive comment aimed at another member - Jak]

[edit on 17/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So let me get this straight Landis, you're allowed to make comments about a population whom you've met 0.0001% of, IF that, but I'm not allowed to make a comment about someone who was very rude to me despite my attempt to suggest helpful methods of resolving a medico-legal matter?

Wow, you are a weird one, that's for sure. And it's two words. Not three.

~MFP

JAK

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
AGAIN.

Originally posted by SimonGray
Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s)

By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1). Posting:

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

7) Violation Violation of any aspect of the Terms and Conditions of use are subject to our Actions for general abuse and violations. Or, in extreme cases, immediate banning of your username and IP from the domains. In all disputes, the decisions of one of the Partners or administrative staff are final.

Simon Gray - Webmaster, Founder and Managing Partner of AboveTopSecret.com LLP
SkepticOverlord, Partner, Community Director, AboveTopSecret.com, LLP
Springer, Partner, Director of Business Development AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

Jak

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love how you only show up for the blatant violations, Jak, instead of when he was making rude and vulgar comments on the first page. Real professional.

~MFP

JAK

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
bsl4doc,

If you feel you have problems which need addressing then please contact me, again, via U2U. Or if you so wish use the suggestion button where you can alert all staff simultaneously of any concerns you may have.

For the very last time do NOT post off topic here again.

Jak

JAK

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As this thread has deteriorated so there seems nothing to be gained in keeping it open any further.

Closing...

Jak

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join