It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Change Debacle: Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If you really want to take the easy route, get your wife under the car and point out the bolt to her. Give her a general explanation of the problem then say, "Just forget it, i'm sure you don't even understand what i'm talking about."

When you get up the next morning that bolt will be out of the car. You may have to buy a new oil pan but she'll hand you that bolt.

Hey – Maybe I can pick one of those up while I’m at Sears!!

I’m saving my receipt though just in case she stops working….

*Dodges the purses being thrown his way and provides mrwupy cover as he climbs up the tree house*

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A buddy of mine has the same car, except it's a 1998 model - Not many changes in the body or style...

He also works in the wire-running business, so he has all the tools I'd ever need to borrow...

Together we were able to pop that screw off this morning with a socket wrench, although it took some serious manpower - I kept telling him - Dude! I already tried that tool! You won't be able to get it with that!

I had to settle with putting the same old plug in b/c every auto store we checked didn't carry drain plugs! Unbelieveable....

But this time it's hand-tightened - I took it for a spin around the block and let ir run for a while to make sure it didn't leak....She's running great now though!

Thanks for all the help you guys
Hopefully this thread can provide help to others stuck in a similar situation....

[edit on 4/16/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
No Kidding

Originally posted by mrwupy
If you really want to take the easy route, get your wife under the car and point out the bolt to her. Give her a general explanation of the problem then say, "Just forget it, i'm sure you don't even understand what i'm talking about."

Even faster: take one (1) standard kid, point at the bolt and say: "No matter what, under no circumstances is anyone to ever remove that bolt! It would be bad."

Give it about two hours.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join