It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outer Order of Abraxas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hello. I joined this forum to try to find out information on The Outer Order of Abraxas. First let me explain that I am a member of two occult fraternities, and while I am NOT a freemason, I was aproached about joining this particular order by a long time aquaintance of mine who holds an honorary 33rd. I have not been able to find any information at all about this order. I was wondering if any of you could tell me more before I return my answer to join.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So your friend who is a 33 Mason is also in this "OOA" and asked you to join?

I have never heard of it. Abraxas is a gnostic word for god, supposedly 'abbracaddabra' is a version of the word.

There is this, but I suspect its different:
www.cafepress.com...

And this:
www.firstunitariantoronto.org...

"unitarian order of abraxas"

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes, that is correct. I found it strange that this man has known me for a couple of years now, as we both have interest in the occult, and he has just this week come to me about this. He told me that I actually know a few members already, but wouldn't ellaborate any further than that. I was wondering if any of the masons here know of this order, or if it is completely seperate.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Perhaps he hasn't mentioned it because he and the others just started it? That would explain the lack of information on the net.

Hopefully one of the many posters here who are well researched in these things has heard of the group and can tell you some more about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I find the idea of the occult and these societies fascinating. i know that as a 24 year old black woman, I probably can't join, but is their a role at all I could play to get closer? to learn more or participate? assist?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
24 year old black women can join masonry and most other secret societies. Blacks can join masonry, only men can join Regular Freemasonry, and even then there are co-masonic organizations that accept men and women and are allied with Regular Freemasonry. Not to mention irregular masonry.

As far as being black, in the US, when racism was really culturally acceptable and segregation was backed up by law, many racists in masonic lodges didn't want blacks in. So they rejected them. HOWEVER, there was a group of black men that were able to get consitutions for lodges from english lodges. Today, there shouldn't be a problem like that, but the black masonic lodges still live on and have grown, they are called Prince Hall masonry.

Anyway, if you wanted, you could easily join a masonic group, just not regular masonry, because its a fraternity, not a co-ed group. And if you felt uncomfortable around whites, or if the bastards did reject you, you'd be able to join Prince Hall masonry, not to mention any of the other non-masonic esoteric groups.

top topics

join