It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA'S crater mistake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
external image

[Image links to full sized version.]

I hope this photo comes out ,this is my first photo

This photo seems to be manipulated on purpose to hide whats in the center of this crater. I know these types of photos are put together in pieces like a puzzle ,but to be off this much is a mistake or done intentionally.

If the crater im talking about does not come out ,it is one of the three to the right of the mountain range,the shiney one of the three.

I'll try to zoom and repost if it does not come out.,when you zoom in the pattern in the center of the crater is a mirror image of the other half of the center ...

[Mod Edit: Image link correction and size - Jak]

[edit on 15/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Your picture is broke. Check the link. In the properties it shows "http://http://" try taking one of them out and see if it works.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
external image

[Image links to full sized version.]

maybe this one will work

[Mod Edit: Image link correction and size - Jak]

[edit on 15/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What are we meant to be seeing? All the craters looks perfectly normal to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can zoom into the crater but i can't save the zoomed picture .

Can anyone give advice as to how to save a zoomed picture.

thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
I can zoom into the crater but i can't save the zoomed picture .

Can anyone give advice as to how to save a zoomed picture.

thanks

you cant.

Use photoshop and crop the picture so its just the crater, and if its not very big you can blow it up, but then it will get pixelated.

BTW, I dont see any abnormallies with the picture.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm not seeing anything, just look like craters :T

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i zoomed in using windows fax viewer as paint was too pixelated,it looks like there,s a join from top to bottom exactly halfway down the rightmost group of three craters.might be geographical but looks kinda artificial

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I'm at a loss. I doubt it's anything malicious (What could be hiding in a 2 pixel x 15 pixel strip?)
Likely some overlooked artifact, like you said, from when they were piecing together the photo. Or some geographical feature which can't be discerned from this angle.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by TheGoodDoctorFunk]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I honestly see nothing odd about that crater.

The only thing I see different is that the lower left end of the crater is up at a higher angle then some of the other craters, which makes sense since no asteriod strikes the same way. The brightness is just the sun hitting that higher edge, and reflecting it back to you. What you learn in drawing and photography classes is that when it comes to light, the brightest part is the thing thats closest to you, or the most direct to you, the darkest is the farthest back.

I dont see anything unusual, to be honest.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
maybe its a giant underground base with sliding doors a la james bond style

oops this was two lines when i wrote it. dont wanna get smacked for one liners

[edit on 16-4-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Loooks complete natural to me...if NASA did have a pic of an alien base on Mars I doubt they'd cover it up with crude Photoshop techniques either.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the zoomed picture Dr. But if you use something else to zoom other than what you used ,your's is very distorted . There is an obvious cross-overlay with the middle of that crater.

I tried all day yesterday to post what i can see on my comp but i'm not to computer savy .

I'll keep trying.

new topics

top topics

join