It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simply Amazing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So I was just hanging out tonight at a campfire party, I was the ONLY sober person there (had to drive). But anyways as we were standing outside I look up into the sky and see the moon and the stars that surrounds it. I got to thinking...

The universe is simply amazing, nothing short of amazing. Looking out into space, we have only discovered probably not even a grain of sand in comparison to the rest of the universe. The possibility of life somewhere out there, that some other species is somewhere on their own planet, possibly asking the same question as we do, "Is there life out there?"

To think of possible alien races, the beauty of landscape and vegetation that could possibly exist, it almost brings me to tears thinking about it. My mind cannot even comprehend the possible vastness of space, I wish I would never die so that I could see all there is to see in this universe, then I could happily leave.

Anyone else ever have experiences like this?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh yes... many times... almost weekly. Not only of the possibility of life, the sounds, the sights, the cultures, the religions, the cures, the diseases, the music, and the song.

But also the size of the universe, the intricacy of it, and the similarities that are everywhere.

Take the spiral and the sphere. They're the two most common geometric shapes in nature. Anything that experiences the pull of a force will start to form a sphere and a spiral. The galaxy's a spiral, black holes create spirals of the accertion disc, clouds and whether patterns spiral. Spirals are everywhere. Sphere's are even more common! Planets, stars, atoms, raindrops...

And then like I said there's the size. How so much of this stuff is SO FAR AWAY! The earth is like a grain of sand in the largest desert on earth - and that's only for the size of our local group fo stars!

And then there's the NOTHINGNESS! Not only the space inbetween everything that's matter... but all the empty space within matter itself! You're made up of molecules, which are made up of atoms that have to stay a certain distance from each-other, which are made up of electrons and protons, which must stay REALLY FAR from each other, which are made up of leptons, which also keep their distances...

Then there's the beauty of THIS world - how life formed, was forced to evolve from the simplist of organisms because of all the oxygen it had created (the majority of the history of life on earth is simple algae-like organisms that wouldn't have evolved beyond this point had it not been for the poisonous oxygen it had itself created). And then there's the stuff it's survived through, and the formation of culture, and the discoveries and near-misses (as well as near-hits) of science!

And then there's the creation of the universe, how from NOTHING came EVERYTHING, how every event in the universe is infinitely impossible to have ever happened!

Ah... it's beautiful indeed. Glorious and wonderful to reflect on.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tHeJwAy13
I wish I would never die so that I could see all there is to see in this universe, then I could happily leave.

you do not believe in God and eternal life?

this is where/how religions comes to existent, MAN has been searching for "life, universe and everything" for as long as MAN existed

my believe in "life" after life has hold me back in the enjoyment of lust and glutton

[edit on 15-4-2006 by betaiso]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Please stay on the topic.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Looking out into space, we have only discovered probably not even a grain of sand in comparison to the rest of the universe

REminds me of the saying, and I think that this is attributed to a famous and successful cosmologist/physicist "I'm nothing more than a kid on a beach who's found an interesting little shell'

THe universe is mind-boggling, thats for sure.

AND good on you for being the designated driver and making sure that a bunch of your friends get to experience this universe a little longer!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
AND good on you for being the designated driver and making sure that a bunch of your friends get to experience this universe a little longer!

Amen!

To think of possible alien races, the beauty of landscape and vegetation that could possibly exist, it almost brings me to tears thinking about it. My mind cannot even comprehend the possible vastness of space, I wish I would never die so that I could see all there is to see in this universe, then I could happily leave.

Anyone else ever have experiences like this?

I often get lost in daydreams of the same variety...The vastness of unexplored space makes our feeble sense of order and understanding one big joke...

Or just stop and contemplate our little section of the universe...Why we do things the way we do them, as though life could not continue on any other way...

Then I think of just how selfish and materialistic of a race we've become and wonder whether I'd fit in better on some other planet

It truly is mind-boggling though - I wish the restrictions of this life we impose upon ourselves could be lifted and life could be an endless exploration and adventure....

I suppose reading books and watching movies are about as close as we'll ever get to that daydream ever coming true though...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
the possibilities of the different ecologies would most definatly surpass any of our wildest imaginations. just imagine a world with unique atmospheric compositions that give life to plethora of different plant and animal life. evovled plants that might very well grow brains! super cognitive flowers, and habitually aware vegitations. a world where gigantic plant life dominates the lesser evovled animals and people through a system of carnivorous roots. with plants residing in plants that grow and feed off of the fruits and energies of the different vegitations. you simply couldnt imagine what might exist out there, truely magnificant and baffling all in the same respects
animals with drastically different metabolisms and chemicle make ups, that might feed off of exotic forms of rich soils and minerals evovling into rock like beings, and super heated animals that live off of unique compositions of magma spewing forth from their planet, where the magma to them would be like water to us.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
the possibilities of the different ecologies would most definatly surpass any of our wildest imaginations....

Excellent point! I always get annoyed when science goes out searching for "water" and stuff on planets in order to tell if it has the possibily of having life, but there's nothing to say that things couldn't exist. Things adapt, and we humans have adapted to life here on earth, but there's nothing to say that some creatures can't be breating on helium and eating rocks for nutrients... basically any thing just like you said.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thanks to those that have replied to me so far and who allpauded me.

Sometimes I just lay in my bed thinking about this stuff at night, then I think about everything I worry about, things that make me stress out and get me to caught up in the cycle of everyday life, and realize just how insignificant it all is in comparison to the rest of the universe.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think about it almost all the time, the vastnes of our universe and the diversity of life in it is simply amazing. I almost feel sorry for those that imprison their minds in this dark dungeon called religion.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Lecter]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
anybody feel claustrophobic when out at night looking up at everything? ive felt it a few times imagining us floating out here in space, feeling space surrounding us. i really dont know how to explain it but its like i can almost sense the vastness of space. its weird. just thinking about our reality is almost scary. think about it too much you might just loose your mind.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I love to lay on my back and just stare into the night sky. My imagination travels to all those distant worlds, and it's always been a magical experience since I was a kid.

I'm sorry that I live in a city now and can only see the brightest objects.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
FINALLY! People who think like me!! Anyways, yeah, I get caught up daydreaming too. Sometimes I lay back thinking how there is ALL that stuff out there to explore and we humans are born on this planet and struggle to survive by getting a job and paying bills, etc...like little germs or something.

It's amazing to think it can take 200,000 years traveling at a steady speed of light to cross our own galaxy, let alone stop and explore every planet and solar system, and all their little moons. Then to explore the billions of other galaxies.

Heck, even our OCEAN, we've explored less than 1% of that! And the ocean is a magnificent thing, with strange creatures in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
what i think about sometimes are the different lifeforms that might be able to inhabit the different regions of nebula. think neon genesis evangelions angels. feeding off the rich layers of radiated molecular gases freeflowing through the vastness of space. then you get into the globular clusters and the different levels of star creation like red dwarves and nutron stars. then there could be some really elaborate and eloquent forms of perhaps gigantic or just plain weird life forms.

dont the molecular clouds have to pass through liquid stages in order to become planets and hardened materials. well then couldnt some entities just swim through these regions of space?

take care

new topics

top topics

join