It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China join pressure against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Iran's leaders have almost certainly worked out an escalating set of responses to counter any actions the international community decides to take.

Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki already has warned that if the IAEA refers Iran to the UN Security Council, Iran would no longer permit the agency to make spot inspections of its nuclear sites.

That would be a serious blow to international community, which presently knows quite a lot about Iran's nuclear program but suddenly would find itself operating in the dark.

Iran also could withdraw from the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. That would greatly weaken the pact and illustrate to others interested in nuclear weapons how they can use the treaty to obtain the necessary technology, then pull out once they are able to build a bomb.

But Iran's main weapon against the West is oil. Over the weekend, Economy Minister Davoud Danesh-Jafari said that "any possible sanctions from the West could possibly, by disturbing Iran's political and economic situation, raise oil prices beyond the levels the West expects."

Iran is the world's fourth-largest oil exporter, and it sits astride the Strait of Hormuz, through which much of the West's oil supplies must transit. Industry experts have cautioned that the price of oil could quickly hit $100 a barrel if Iran stopped exporting or the strait became a conflict zone.

Iranian leader's boast

With oil currently priced at about $65 a barrel, Iran expects to earn about $50 billion this year. Sanctions would cut into that revenue, and Iran's citizens would not welcome a return to the days of their country's diplomatic isolation, but there is little doubt that Iran has a higher pain threshold than the industrialized nations of the West.

"You [the West] need us more than we need you," Ahmadinejad recently boasted.

Gernot Erler, Germany's deputy foreign minister, underscored another problem for the U.S. and Europe: "We are seeing desperate measures by Asian countries, mainly China, India and others, to get hold of energy resources, and for them Iran is a partner they cannot do without."

Erler cautioned against trade sanctions "which could hurt one's own side more than the other side."

Russia recently signed a $1 billion arms deal with Iran, and China gets about 12 percent of its energy from Iran.

The Chinese government, in a statement Monday, said "all relevant sides should remain restrained and stick to resolving the nuclear issue through negotiations." But President Bush has refused to rule out using military force against Iran, and over the weekend U.S. senators from both parties concurred.

"Everything else has to be exhausted," Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told CBS News. "But to say under no circumstance would we exercise a military option, that would be crazy."

Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) told CNN that while diplomacy would be preferable, an attack on Iran's nuclear sites "would dramatically delay its development."

But even if American military forces were not already stretched thin in Iraq, many analysts believe that a military strike is unrealistic and would not prevent Iran from eventually acquiring a nuclear weapon. If anything, it would strengthen Tehran's resolve.

Okay, I wanted to keep this short
So i'm just gonna make a short little comment
Well, I think that the upcoming years the oil prices will rise more than we (the west) would ever imagine
Iran is playing it smart, the US (so i think bush) is afraid of iran, using the oil as a weapon. Anyways, i'm not gooing to say anything more,
Gotta keep it short !

- MB

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
YEAHHHHHHP!

That sounds like a novel unfolding right there.
I just wanna know what the twist is in the middle...does china join forces with Iran... Imagine a Super power nation like that...
Could America even attempt to confront them....
I hope I see how this book ends.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoplexy123
I just wanna know what the twist is in the middle...does china join forces with Iran... Imagine a Super power nation like that...

Yes, China is going to join forces with Iran, Man... i wonder whats going to happen. As you said, a super power nation, and Aalso Russia is joining forces. I think that the US is going to have alot of problems the upcoming years, and also the rest of the west.
And something else: i don't think america will ever attack Iran again, As you know, Iran is using OIL as a weapon. and oil is the thing that keeps it all running. So i don't think america will attack Iran..
I wonder whats going to happen the upcoming years dude...

- MB

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hmm yeah.,,,..

Maybe we will have another cold war senario..
I mean, Russia and the U.s had 50 years of threatning each other....and not one nuke was launched..
I guees it's a big call to say America would attck Iran, but what does the world do when America isn't in control of absolutley everything, when theres another nation saying 'we have what you need, now START BEGGING'. I mean generaly most muslim communities want the death of america, not the west but america, they started a holy war on the middle east and so americans are infedels.
Sooooo if Iran gets nuclear wepons.. who's to say that they won't fire the first one?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I mean, Russia and the U.s had 50 years of threatning each other....and not one nuke was launched..
I guees it's a big call to say America would attck Iran, but what does the world do when America isn't in control of absolutley everything, when theres another nation saying 'we have what you need, now START BEGGING'. I mean generaly most muslim communities want the death of america, not the west but america, they started a holy war on the middle east and so americans are infedels.

Hm... quite interesting what you said about the ''cold war sceniaro'' never thought of that. But you are right, it does sound like one.
And (as you said before) everybody SAYS America is in control of almost everything, I DON"T think you so, as you may know... America is slightly beginning to be the ''puppy'' of the west ( Russia, Iran and China)
And i don't like the sound of that ¬¬ although i hate bush, i don't want America to lose against those 3 countries, the presidents of Russia and iran are far more worse than bush. But they ARE smarter
IF nothing happens fast... You think the US will be taken over by Iran/russia? And maybe the Chineze because they're working together with Russia and Iran... whoah actually quite disturbing, don't ya think?

Sooooo if Iran gets nuclear wepons.. who's to say that they won't fire the first one?

Indeed Apoplexy, IF Iran gets the chance to attack. They probably will..
I mean, they've got the oil... they've got the allies... (china and Russia) and they've almost got one of the highest technology.

Whoah, and if they launch a nuke the whole entire friggin world will be affected by that! And Iran/Russia/China doesn't care ofcourse..
geez.. I wonder how alla this is going to end up.

- MB

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
If they are smart, those guys will just end up pushing out the US as far as they can, knowing that the US has drove its self in to debt, and that it cant support a war against nations such as those. The US seems to have pulled a CCCP
maybe it will loose its colonies in S. America and Africa. Like the Soviet Union lost its Stans. Venezuala and Bolivia would like that I am sure. (They seem to have populous vote anyways, so whats wrong with a little democracy
... oh, its not US. lead Democracy)

[edit on 18-4-2006 by pcxmac]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If any of you have read the bible code, then youll know that all of this is going along with the bible code. I read about Iran having uranium, and it came true. Heres a link to some of the bible codes.

www.exodus2006.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
If any of you have read the bible code, then youll know that all of this is going along with the bible code. I read about Iran having uranium, and it came true. Heres a link to some of the bible codes.

Hm... I don't know if the bible code is actually something that really can tell whats going to happen and happened.
Maybe it's just something the goverment made, and planned it all from the biggining? You'll never know..
But i'll take a look at that site, see whats on it

- MB

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well if US is a loser in this crisis, US will lose everything both oil supply and degree in UN.
Yes Iran has already threaten that they would block the Horlmooz channel if US burn their nuclear station, but we can image that even US allow them develop their nuke, they will still be hostil to US. they did things like this since 1979.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Well if US is a loser in this crisis, US will lose everything both oil supply and degree in UN.
Yes Iran has already threaten that they would block the Horlmooz channel if US burn their nuclear station, but we can image that even US allow them develop their nuke, they will still be hostil to US. they did things like this since 1979.

The US probably is, Unless they do something ofcourse. But they're playing it kind of dumb right now..
But it isn't so easy for the US to just to burn all of those nukes and destroy them. Iran isn't the only problem that the US has to take care of. And Iran has ''friends'' ofcourse, Russia, China and MAYBE even N. Korea

- MB

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

hmm yeah.,,,..

Did you ever wonder how much food we supply other countries. How much grain do we supply to China and Russia. No oil no food. They have to eat.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
Did you ever wonder how much food we supply other countries. How much grain do we supply to China and Russia. No oil no food. They have to eat.

Actually, I do sometimes.
Pretty weird if you think deep in it...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
regardless what happens this is just more signs of the coming of our Lord

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisterwendy
regardless what happens this is just more signs of the coming of our Lord

With all the respect

Well, I'm not saying there is NO lord but.
How do you know 100 % that there IS even a ''lord''?
Yes yes i know what you're going to say ''But everything has to come from somewere''
Well, Were does God come from. I don't know, it all just sounds so untrue.
If the guy knows almost 2/3 of the people here on earth obey and praise for him, And hes just wanted about everywere when he uses his speial power things etc.
I'm sure he'll come very sooon, but i doubt that, I don't even believe he exist.
Proof proof proof, were is the prove !
But on the other side, there also isn't prove that he DOES exist.

- MB

[edit on 28-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

YEAHHHHHHP!

We'll probably see the world split in half just like it did in WWI, just the alliances will be vert different to what they were then. I can see America, Canada, Britain, France on one side, maybe with a few other European nations on there side, probably Australia aswell. Japan and South Korea will join on that side aswell, just because of there hatred of China. On the other side i can see it being Iran, China, Russia and South America (because of there dealings with China recently), aswell as this they'll probably be a few more Middle Easter and Asian countires that het involved aswell.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by maximerto]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Soz, i clicked on send twice by accident, my bad.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by maximerto

YEAHHHHHHP!

We'll probably see the world split in half just like it did in WWI, just the alliances will be vert different to what they were then. I can see America, Canada, Britain, France on one side, maybe with a few other European nations on there side, probably Australia aswell. Japan and South Korea will join on that side aswell, just because of there hatred of China. On the other side i can see it being Iran, China, Russia and South America (because of there dealings with China recently), aswell as this they'll probably be a few more Middle Easter and Asian countires that het involved aswell.

Well, There are some countries who just want to stay neutral. Not all the countries in the world will chose a side. Like The Netherlands. They don't want anything to do with the upcoming war.

new topics

top topics

join