It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the pentagon another occult symbol in the layout of washington d.c.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
hey everybody, i just noticed this and i dont know if this has already been talked about here, if it has, sorry... has anybody noticed how the center of a pentagram forms a pentagon? could that be more occult symbols in d.c.? i'd post a picture but i dont know how, i guess that make me a noob...any thoughts?

p.s. hi, this is my first post

[edit on 15-4-2006 by stonecutter64]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hey Stonecutter,

the whole city is based on occult symbolism and geometry, along with quite a few other cites around the world, namely, Washington, Philadelphia, London & Paris.

A recent book called 'Talisman: Sacred Cities, Secret Faith' goes into details and puts alot of it down to Freemason influences of the17th century. VERY good read.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You'd be doing yourself a favour to use the search function on this topic. By all means, continue with this thread, but there is a wealth of information on that subject here.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One problem though, the Pentagon is not in D.C., Its in Arlington Virginia.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

A link....just one of many that comes up on a search.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
the pentagon is a five sided metaphysical prison for the elder god yog-sothoth, just read robert anton wilson's Illuminatus! trilogy...seriously, yeah, there is a feng-shui to most city layouts, and d.c. seems to go by a masonic theme of sorts, which is no surprise, really...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The pentagon shape was dictated by the shape of the original property chosen for the building.

The original site chosen for the Pentagon was a tract of land known as Arlington Farms. The site was bordered by five roadways thus dictating the concept of a pentagonal shaped building. Fearing the enormous building would interfere with the view of Washington DC from Arlington Cemetery, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt directed the building be moved three quarters of a mile down river.

www.visitingdc.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
No conspiracy here.

www.infoplease.com...

Since five roads surrounded the site, builders chose a five-sided building, which is how the Pentagon got its name.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its unusual shape results from the fact that its originally intended site, Arlington Farms, fronted on Arlington Ridge Road and the Arlington Memorial Bridge approach, which intersected at an angle of approximately 108 degrees (the angle of a regular pentagon). [1] President Franklin D. Roosevelt had it constructed at its current location because he didn't want the new building to obstruct the view of Washington, D.C. from Arlington Cemetery. [2]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
this jumped out at me when i first saw it. was hoping to post it to a thread that had the streets in washington related to freemason symbolism but couldnt find it. probably just me seeing something thats not there but hey make up your own mind.

putfile.com.../10907054970.jpg&s=x11

compared to this

putfile.com.../10907191374.gif&s=x11

guess you can find symbolism anywhere if you look hard enough..

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow. To think I've stood in the centre of a Freemason symbol!

Nah. The design is simply for ease of use. Two widely separated roads leading to the southern side of Canberra, and vice-versa. You could pick up on symbolism in ancient Aboriginal art if you really wanted to.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
BLAST! i thought i was really on to something there... oh well back to the drawing board thanks everybody

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
maybe the reason why they chose to hit the pentagon was to symbolize the lighting of the star of david. The pentagram that can be created from teh points of the pentagon...

another symbolic meaning would be that they lit it on fire as a sacrafice to the owl figure they have created using the streets and buildings of the capitol. So it's like a bohemian grove ceremony attack where the star of david is lit, the pentgram is lit, the sacrificie happens before the owl. U guys get this??????

[edit on 16-2-2007 by rrahim1]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stonecutter64

Add triangles to each side of the pentagon, it forms the symbol of the dark prince! If turn the other way it forms the star of david. This is widly know why did they turn it that way? May i have viewed it wrong but all the pictures i seen show it at that angle, lol havent the cristians who lead this country noticed that!!!

P.s. i cant spell so theres no need to piont it out.

new topics

top topics

join