It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 is 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hey everybody this is my first post in this forum so be gentle

Over the holidays I was watching a program on the story of the maji. You know the three wise men. Well this program was asking the question whether or not the story was true. If you read the biblical story the maji see that a king has been born in the house of David or in other words a king of the jews. They became aware of this through astrology. They looked at the heavens and saw the correct alignment of stars. That being Ares the ram (which was associated with the house of David and thus Israel) in close proximity to Jupiter king of planets

Now in this program they introduce a man who ran a computer program that stated the last time the constellation of Ares the ram appeared in association with Jupiter was in the year 6 BC. The program then went on to explain the errors that have occured in the formation of the Christian calendar.

www.lamblion.com...

www.unmuseum.org...

So I was wondering if indeed this is the year 2012 does that mean that what the mayans referred to as the end of the world will occur in 2018 or could it be that on Dec 21 2006 will see what ever is going to happen happen?

Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
That's an interesting thought. Our calendar probably is screwed up but it's become accepted and it's too late to change it now.

I don't have any links handy but I think you'll find that Mayan descendants still keep the long count calendar. It doesn't 'end' as such, it just starts a new cycle, and they never believed it was the "end of the world".

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The current Mayan Long Count calendar began in the equivalent of 3114BC and as a result ends on a date equivalent in our calendar to 2012. It won;t end any sooner just because we change out calendar.

Of course, in the Jewsish, Muslim, Hindu, Chinese and numerous other calendar systems it will be a different date

Of course, neither the Mayans nor anyone else until a few years ago thought anything special would happen in 2012. That's all a modern myth invented to sell books....

new topics

join