It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President at it again. Israel on the road to Being Eliminated.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I have never been very supportive of Israel and its policies.

I think its defeat of the "Arabs" back in the sixties has given it an feeling of immortality. Of course having the US onside has no doubt boosted their arrogance. The belief that the disorganised rabble wiil always fight amongst themselves and never amount to much is also there. This I find akin to the Celts in Britain squabbling with each other as the Romans took their land and resources.
As has been demonstrated by terrorism, you dont need megabucks and a sophisticated military or tactics to cause major problems..if only psychologically.

The Arab world is often heard to mention Israel and state sponsored terrorism. Imagine state sponsored terrorism on the scale of the nuclear?

Whether a fan of Israel or not you can not justify the elimination of an entire nation, IMHO. Of course the whole Iranian leadership line could be rhetoric solely for an Arabic feel good factor.

Any sane individual would realise that the nuclear option of resolving the Israel question, would have huge ramifications. Just the fallout in the region would be bad news. Is the Iranian leadership sane?

Is the whole nuclear program just about bargaining chips?

Is the solution to allow all sides to annilihate each other and find out who was right when they ascend to their lord, if indeed there is one?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's at least rumored that a big part of Israel's plan is the "Samson Option" (or someting like that) where they basically nuke themselves the most to make the Holy Land uninhabitable (remember it is sacret to Muslims as well).

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Iranian President isn't head of State.

There was an interesting article in a British newspaper today, called The independent.

It was called "The Secret Iran" and the article was written by a reporter secretly in Iran and the cizitens of Iran do not support the Presidents views and are more worried about the economy. For that reason, which the Pentagon already knows about, expect to see a propaganda campaign by the United States of America and sanctions from the European Union to encourage the Iranian to revolt against their President.

Also note, the Head of State of Iran does not share the same views as the President. All the Iranian President is trying to do is create another Arab Alliance that will invade Israel (again), but he is falling to get support. If the United Nations carry out military action, the President of Iran will get that support for neighbouring states, especially Syria and Libya.

Lets just say, im more worried about North Korea than Iran

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"Whether a fan of Israel or not you can not justify the elimination of an entire nation,"

er...isn't that what happend to Palestine???

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I actually support a Palestinian homeland, it's a central plank to any long term peace settlement in the Middle-East. That said, the Iranian Prez isn't just dog whistling to the Islamofascists, he screaming at them through a bullhorn. Not wise given that the target is a jittery nuclear power. I believe he's trying to incite hatred toward Isreal in order to unite the Middle East in a war against that country, which is an agenda many nations of the Middle-East have had on and off for decades. Some of their horrendous plans over the years towards Israel would've made Hitler proud. His statements may also be playing to the old guard Mullah's in his own country in an attempt to secure his own power-base.

As an aside, there's an excellent article at Debka.com about the developement of an enormous new nuclear facility he recently visited in Iran, which is well underway. Perhaps this provides a clue as to the reasons behind his recent hair-raising statements?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Edit: NVM, off topic... plus I wanted to U2U, not quote... silly me.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

.....All the Iranian President is trying to do is create another Arab Alliance that will invade Israel (again), but he is falling to get support. If the United Nations carry out military action, the President of Iran will get that support for neighbouring states, especially Syria and Libya.

Lets just say, I'm more worried about North Korea than Iran

While you might not sound too alarmed, I am sure that Israel looks at Iran in a significantly different way. While you have made light of Iran's President by saying all he is trying to do is create an Arab alliance to invade Israel, don't you think that that is enough for Israel to stand up and take notice. I mean if a near neighboring country of yours said the same thing (invade and destroy your country) and backed up their talk with the means to deliver on their promise, your nation would probably respond back.

I do agree with you that North Korea is more worrisome as they have the nuclear weapons and Missiles able to reach well over the horizon and are more unstable (for the moment). Iran however has a natural foe in the region which makes the scenario much like India and Pakistan. There probably is a much shorter fuse to use them (nulcear weapons) in the Middle East the way things are there.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What is that? What is it?

is that

is that

Yes, I beleive I smell WWlll

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
How did this guy ever get elected president? It must take some serious ballot-tampering to get a former stand-up comic voted into such a high office.

He can't be serious, can he?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i'm not against speculation and discussion, you know this. but this is a topic where history has been evoked. the original post says about this Ajmininaad dude(don't know how to spell the man's name) but anyways, it say this guy questions wether the holocaust really happened. then another post said Israels land is rightfully theirs.

First of all, I don't believe in books. I question whether anything has ever happened that has been told to us and is just a cover up for the war(s) we don't need to know about and what is really going on.

And last, how can you say Israels land is rightfully theirs when to be honest, unless you are a time traveller you'll never know whose land it REALLY is. and i hope your American like me so i can stick this in ur mouth.... USA ain't exactly ours either. so just as you'd let Israel keep their land from those evil Palestinians who want to steal it, you'd also want us evil Americans to give back our land to the Native Americans?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
another thing i find strange is that- and this goes for any nuclear armed nation, whether it be Russia, USA, or China- how would Israel being a nuclear armed nation with a rather decent military let these threats go on with uranium enrichment underway in Iran with technology from DPRK, China.

Would Russia let Chechnya say such things?
Would USA let Venezuela say such things?
Would China let Taiwan say such things?

Say such things as we will wipe you off the face of the earth?

No.
So what we don't want to know is being hid. This probably is a proxy war. We backed Iraq and Russia backed Iran(from what i've heard) in the Iraq/Iran war. (or did China back Iran?? i dunno, i'm no xpert). And we all know Russia tried to invade Afganistan.

This is just a WW3 in progress. whether full scale ever sees the day of light or not, this is a world war.

a world war for resources.
and somebody is backing Iran, or else Israel would have launched an nuclear facility/R&D attack already.

But USA plans are already underway, correct?
so i guess we already know what is going to happen.
an Iran war will start sometime.

and why is Iran boxed in by military bases in Iraq and Afganistan? ->

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm going to buy this guy a pair of clown shoes. Maybe that'l stop him from putting his foot in his mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join