It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President at it again. Israel on the road to Being Eliminated.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
apnews.excite.com...

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Is anyone else concerned about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad making such statements while pursuing uranium enrichment and getting plans for a warhead on a missile that can only be a nuclear payload?

Ahmadinejad is not turning down his rhetoric and is basically stating once again his solution to the Israel / Palestinian problem. Does he really envision an armed conflict with Israel led by Iran, "wiping out" Israel? If so, we are headed down a dark hallway in history.

Lets hear you take on it.

b]mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 15-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am behind Israel 100%, and support them extensively and totally. I also support more stringent action being taken against the Iranian islamofascist regime.

Iran has consistently issued 'fighting' words that are bombastic, extremist, and threatening. At what point is it justified to step-in? When Iran actually attacks Israel? When Iran declares it has created weapons?

It is deplorable, to me, that nothing more than these bogus 'condemnations' from the U.N. (don't get me started) have really been issued. Iran can bark and bark, and when it bites -- well, who will be surprised?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why does the first world always have to march to its death and empty its pockets everytime Israel is threatened or a jew is hurt? Especially since Israel spys on the US and allows jews to commit crimes in the US and then run and hide in Israel?

Doesn't sound like a loving warm and mutually beneficial relationship to me.

I know who is getting all the benefit in this deal.

From where I stand, Isreal and Jews in general need to show a lot more respect to the average citizen of the first world and stop trying to dominate all the rest of us before we keep busting our cracks to save Israel and the Jews.

IMHO.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I support Israel too. The land was originally theirs and they have a right to it. It's not even that much; it's a tiny country. After all they've been through in the past I think they're at least entitled to that as well as the freedom to practice their religion in peace. The temple grounds are also rightfully theirs.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
From where I stand, Isreal and Jews in general need to show a lot more respect to the average citizen of the first world and stop trying to dominate all the rest of us before we keep busting our cracks to save Israel and the Jews.
IMHO.

From where I stand, Ahmadinejad is simply another disrespecting 'wannabe':

You get respect when respect is given, denythestatusquo.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well the only thing Id like to see is Israel take a more active stance. Maybe join in on the bombing.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
denythestatusquo,

Now that you have had your piece on Israel and Jews, what are your thoughts about the topic of Iran's continual threatning of Israel?

Is it acceptable to you for Iran to call for the annihliation of another country?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
[edit on 15-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You get respect when respect is given, denythestatusquo.

respect is earned and only then is it given out.

demanding it, as it seems denythestatusquo was doing, is most certainly not going to get it.

there is one factor that makes me think that Iran might be hesitant to actually sending a nuke (when they have them) to Israel. It would destroy all that they hold holy as well. Israel's one saving grace might be the very thing that everyone is fighting over.

on the other hand, this guy's completely off his rocker and he might actually be willing to bite off his nose to spite his face.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Please people understand the Iranian political system before running your mouths.

The iranian president is not the same type of president as in america. In Iran the president doesn't give orders to the millitry please take a look at this :

news.bbc.co.uk...

Even if he was begging to nuke a country or inavde a country he has no authority all he is in charge of is domestic policy and forign affairs like shaking hands with other diplomats etc.... While he doesnt have the type of power a regular president does.

Iran's complex political system works on balences and counter-balences and checks of each groups power.

What i find funny is people always throw out random comments about Iran and how it's president is going to do this or is going to do that yet his actuall power to do those things is non-existant.

This is exactly the same type of scare mongering that went of with Iraq when they said he would launch WMD strikes in 45 minutes.

And it's funny how people always act like he's a nazi even though he hasen't killed anybody or has the power to launch war's yet act as if ariel sharon who has the blood of thousands of civillains in gaza,westbank and lebanon on his hands is a man of peace and also act as if Bush is a decent guy even though he started a war based on lies.

America has a president that they voted into power who has blood of ten's of thousands of civillians on his hands for starting an war based on lies and yet americans throw out names at a person who has never killed anybody or has the power to kil anybody which is the Iranians president.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of a little story. A well known holocaust surivor ( forget the name) was asked about what he thought of his experiences, what could be learned from it. He said, in paraphrase
"When someone says they are going to kill you....beleive them".

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Iran the president doesn't give orders to the millitry please take a look at this

The Supreme Leader of the State has stated at the same time that the jews are trying to take over the world. Its facile to say that because their president isn't supreme dictator that his statements about going to war with another country and destroying it aren't policy.

Bush isn't supreme leader of the US state, so I guess there was no plan for an iraq war. It just happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The Supreme Leader of the State has stated at the same time that the jews are trying to take over the world. Its facile to say that because their president isn't supreme dictator that his statements about going to war with another country and destroying it aren't policy.

Bush isn't supreme leader of the US state, so I guess there was no plan for an iraq war. It just happened.

What's your point?

Why should the world sacrafice themselves for jews?

The west put the jews into an area where they where not wanted and gave away land which the arabs where living on to forign jews from germany,poland,russia,austria,latin-america,india etc..... why should people of the middle east accept this injustice.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Who said that they should? Iran is a threat to the US and a sponsor of international terrorism, those are good enough reasons to invade, destroy, and occupy. Its not out of interest for the yehudis. Though, of course, since they are US allies, ya tend to want to back up yer allies.

why should people of the middle east accept this injustice.

Who cares if they don't. They can't do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx.. why should people of the middle east accept this injustice.

well, if the jews were there first, why should theyaccept anything other than being allowed to return?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
OK i think the lines been crossed now once too many times. I really really hope that israel looks at the threat, and atomises tehran and all of the facilities they have aquired to make weapons. If any other Islamic nation wants to join in, well do them as well, and if they still want to fight, let the dogs of war run and destroy every thing they have, peoples, infrastructure, equipment, cities, holy places ect ect ect and wipe them from the face of the earth. Make them history to be forgotten.

I used to be 50 - 50 about what was happening, but to call for extermination of another country deserves vis a vis response.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Israel has proved in the past that it is more than capable of defending itself.

If Iran wasn't threatening, Israel would be happy to leave them alone, I'm pretty sure.

Putting the blame on Israel for statements made by the President of Iran is kinda warped logic, but not suprising to me. Shifting the blame to others seems to be a popular tactic. Israel is not the one making the outlandish statements that are getting condemation from most nations.

Israel is there in the Middle East, Iran is their in the Middle East region. There are only a couple possible outcomes:

1. Status Quo
2. Negotiations from all sides to a peaceful solution for all parties involved.
3. Hostilities to decide the conflict.

It seems to me that Iran is leaning heavily towards #3, I don't hear much "wiggle" room for negotiations when you talk about wiping the other party off the map.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by iqonx.. why should people of the middle east accept this injustice.

well, if the jews were there first, why should theyaccept anything other than being allowed to return?

actually no the jews where not there first. there where other groups of people there before the jews for example the "arabs" that live in lebanon decend from the groups that lived in "israel".

Also israel was founded by caucasion european jews not native middle eastern jews. the zionist orginisation was eurpean these people are not native to the middle east but are only native to white countries like germany and poland so they where not there first becuase there not even from the middle east.

Actually if you look at the land owner ship census the land belonged to the arabs the jews stole the land. This mis-conception that the modern day jews are native to the middle east comes from the bible where people automatically assume the jews in bible are the same group of jews today they are not even the same tribes of jews let alone from the same race.

this census of land ownership was done just 2 years before israels creation.arabs own the majority of every region the jews actually stole the land. infact even today the arabs have about 250,000 thousand deeds(quater of a million) stored in banks in arab countries which prove they own land in what is now known as israel. they jews are actually living on land which they don't own:
domino.un.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Who said that they should? Iran is a threat to the US and a sponsor of international terrorism, those are good enough reasons to invade, destroy, and occupy. Its not out of interest for the yehudis. Though, of course, since they are US allies, ya tend to want to back up yer allies.

Everybody sponsers terrorism to carry out missions. The united states are the world leader in supporting terrorist orginisations. America has supported/funded and armed so many terroirts orginisations in latin america they probably can't even keep count of them. America also has met with members of the IRA and used to have good dealing with them and didn't even bother to stop the millions of dollars that where transfered to them on a yearly basis from america. America is also a sponser of terrorism when it needs things done covertly and has a history of supporting guerilla/terrorist groups in asia, latin-america, middle east and gave moral support to the IRA and turned a blind eye to all the american guns being sent to IRA and money.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Everybody sponsers terrorism to carry out missions.

False. The United States isn't targeting unarmed civilians, hezbollah and other groups that Iran funds seeks out civilians and murders them, men, women, and children.

But lets pretend that all war and all action is terrorism. Fine. The US is terrorist, Iran is terrorist, neither has the moral highground or legal backing. Fine.

Iranian terrorists are a threat against US terrorists, therefore US terrorists should attack Iran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join