It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA agent sues... the DEA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
LINK

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- A DEA agent who accidentally shot himself in the foot while demonstrating gun safety to school children is suing the agency, saying video of the incident has made him the joke of the Internet.

Okay, I understand firearm accidents happen. I understand that this turned into bad PR for the gentleman and the DEA. But how the heck can he sue his employer for a mistake that he made?

Paige, a former player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, said he can't work undercover anymore because of the tape.

"Yesterday I walk into a salon and a young lady made mention to me I was the person that shot myself on TV," Paige told NBC. "It is something I can't get away from."

The article doesn't stipulate exactly what result he is suing for, i.e. money, different staffing position, etc., but I think that this case will be dismissed quickly.

Do you agree that this is a frivilous lawsuit, or is just me?

JDub

[edit on 4/14/2006 by BlueTileSpook]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Definitely frivolous. He is incompetent and if his intention was to hide his incompetence from the people who pay his salary it makes it even worse. What kind of idiot brings a loaded demonstration weapon into a classroom full of kids, shoots his foot and then tries to say someone else made him look bad. He made himself look like an idiot. He made it worse by bringing attention to himself. I never even saw that video before. Now I would bet even more people think he's a moron.

Pie

new topics

join