It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson? Who's Charlie Manson?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I know who manson is and i remember the killings in the late 60's.
I grew up watching JFK get whacked, then MLK, then RFK, with some Medgar Evers and Malcolm X thrown in. And Viet Nam was on the news with the KIA and wounded numbers everynight. The big lie was viet nam. The government lied and said we were attacked in the gulf of tonkin by the north vietnamese. 59,000 dead american young men was the end result.
then our own governemnt planned to kill innocent americans iwth a plan called "project northwoods." When you tell people that, they mostly think you are a conspiracy nut because they never heard it on TV news.
They say conspiracy theories are everywhere, they don't believe that two or more people conspire to do anything. They think mind control is a joke.

Why then is charles manson on death row and in priosn for life? He never killed anyone nor was he even accused of killing anyone. Manson is in prison for life because the people who did the killing were convinced by the government that charlie manson controlled their minds and made them kill.

OH REALLY?! A doped up guitar playing hippie is so good at mind control at such a young age, that he controls the minds of numerous people and makes them kill against their will. OH REALLY?!
AND PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT CAN CONTROL YOUR MINDS WITH THE MEDIA.!? IF NOT, SOMEONE OWES MANSON A LOT OF MONEY, HIS FREEDOM AND A MEDAL.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ever hear of Jim Jones? He controlled the minds of alot more people than Manson did. So much so that he convinced them to commit suicide. It's easy to control the minds of people who are already messed up and are taking as many drugs as these kids did.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
...SOMEONE OWES MANSON A LOT OF MONEY, HIS FREEDOM AND A MEDAL.

Wow...isn't this the same guy who carved a swastica into his forehead?

And a doped-up, guitar playing, hippy is being a little light on the guy. From what I have read, he is far from deserving of any money or medals.

Links please? I dont want to flame, but what in the hell does Gov't curruption, mind control, and Charles Manson have to do with anything? Add Donald Duck and it sounds like a joke from the Family Guy.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
the family didn't cooperate with the feds at all from what I recall, I think your taking some liberties saying they were convinced by the gov't....all the interviews I've seen of the family, they willfully followed his orders.

check this out

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
some charlie quotes.

"Sometimes I think about giving it back to you; sometimes I think about just jumping on you and letting you shoot me.... If I could, I would jerk this microphone off and beat your brains out with it, because that is what you deserve, that is what you deserve....

"If I could get angry at you, I would try to kill every one of you. If that's guilt, I accept it....

"These children, everything they done, they done for the love of their brother....

"If I showed them that I would do anything for my brother - including giving my life for my brother on the battlefield - and then they pick up their banner, and they go off and do what they do, that is not my responsibility. I don't tell people what to do....

I may have implied on several different occasions to several different people that I may have been Jesus Christ, but I haven't decided yet what I am or who I am.

yeah, he was framed.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
Why then is charles manson on death row and in priosn for life? He never killed anyone nor was he even accused of killing anyone.

Fine. We'll let him out. What do we care?
Oh, give us your address so he can stop by and thank you in person.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe shot's point was that if Manson could control people to the extent that he did, why is it an extraordinary leap of faith to think the gov't couldn't do the same through the media?

Since for all intents and purposes his crime was that he mentally coerced others to murder, if that's not doable, then he's imprisoned falsely. I don't think shot was advocating Manson's release or giving him a medal.

At least that's how I was reading it.

BTW, lot's of info re James Jones and CIA/MK Ultra-
jonestown.sdsu.edu...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Very good yeahright. thats what I was implying.
Also, I still have trouble with the Goovernment putting manson in prison for life and the press demonizing him because he never was accused of anything but brainwashing assassins.
I mean, why doesn't everybody use the manson defense, "Charlie made me do it."
And isn't it funny that the niave people who don't believe in government conspiricies, are so easily convinced that manson should be in prison for life because he mind controlled some young adults to kill.

I'd say manson IS crazy, but i believe that if they did to me what they did to him, i'd be nuts as well. He has to be bitter that some drugged out kooks killed people and then say he brain washed them. I'd be like " screw you and take a hike." How ya gonna put someone in prison for what they say manson did. He was nuts but so what. Take responsibility for your own actions. Some of the killers are out and manson still sits in prison because they said "yeah, we killed people cause charlie made us do it."

I don't know if i could handle it if friends of mine killed people and then said i controlled their minds, then get sent to death row for it. I'd snap.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Considering Charles Manson has spent most of his life in detention behind bars from a very young age, can we fairly say that he was himself mind controled by the government, so to speak. Just a though.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
Considering Charles Manson has spent most of his life in detention behind bars from a very young age, can we fairly say that he was himself mind controled by the government, so to speak. Just a though.

since his parole hearings always result in his being sent back to his cell, I think you can say that the time behind bars has not done anything to control him. He's as nutty and psychotic as he always was, perhaps more so.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but no. Charles Manson is guilty. Read his autobiography. It's fascinating (I study criminology) and he also admits that he asked them to do it. As far as mind control goes... it's not difficult to implant suggestions into the minds of people who are as strung out as the Manson family were.

The Manson autobiography is called "Manson in His Own Words." I suggest you read it. Information straight from the source is always helpful.

And, incidentally, I do believe in mind control. I also believe in pure unadulterated evil-- and I can tell you which was the culprit in this case.

new topics

top topics

join