It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She did let the water cool first... right?
Seriously, that's some interesting stuff! I wonder what cooking any foods in the wave does to it. Because the way the wave cooks is by heating the moisture in the food. That's why plates don't get hot.
Followup. We have seen a number of comments on this, such as what was the water in the microwave boiled in. The thinking is that maybe some leaching took place if it was in plastic. It was boiled in a plastic cup, so this could be a possibility.
More here: Microwaved Water and Plants
Macaroni and water, uncovered, on HIGH 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until Macaroni is tender. DO NOT DRAIN. Some water remaining in bowl is desirable and necessary to make cheese sauce.
The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave.
All you guys saying good job to the girl for her experiment completely missing the point here, it does not matter who did the experiment. BUT I'm sure she was failed for her project (I'm joking yet serious at the same time ) The point is this is one of the most absurd "stories/experiment" ever and the fact that it was posted on Rense is insane. This "experiment" can be shot down a million and one ways and as I said all the alien and ufo stories can hold up better then this.
Originally posted by
I can't even believe people are taking this seriously.
For those of you who actually want to try this "experiment" to get any kind of serious results you will have to:
Originally posted by godservant
Must be the plastic.
In 1989, Swiss biologist and food scientist Dr. Hans Hertel studied the effects of microwaved food. Eight people participated in the study. For eight weeks, they lived in a controlled environment and intermittently ate raw foods, conventionally cooked foods and microwaved foods. Blood samples were tested after each meal. They discovered that eating microwaved food, over time, causes significant changes in blood chemistry:
6. In Russia, microwave ovens were banned in 1976 because of their negative health consequences and many studies were conducted on their use. Here are some of their findings on microwaving food:
* Microwaved foods lose 60 to 90 percent of the vital-energy field and microwaving accelerates the structural disintegration of foods.
* Microwaving creates cancer-causing agents within milk and cereals.
* Microwaving alters elemental food-substances, causing digestive disorders.
* Microwaving alters food chemistry, which can lead to malfunctions in the lymphatic system and degeneration of the body’s ability to protect itself against cancerous growths.
* Microwaved foods lead to a higher percentage of cancerous cells in the bloodstream.