It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See what using microwaved water can do

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
SOURCE

*Mods- I'm sure this is in the wrong place. Please move it if you have to and forgive me.

Below is a sience fair project that my granddaughter did for 2006. In it she took filered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference.

Isnt that something? Exactly what are we putting in our systems when we microwave water for coffee, tea or whatever?

Check out the pictures*

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting. Guess I will change the way I heat my green tea water.

Nice find.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder what causes that?

Me thinks I am going to go digging now...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I guess some plants do not like water from the microwave oven.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After an initial (and I must admit, quick) search, I found some interesting stuff. I entered the scientists name ( Dr. Hans Hertel ) mentioned in the initial post source and this is some of what I found:

proliberty.com...

www.mercola.com...

experts.about.com...

Now, I haven't had the chance to check these site out for authenticity, but there is some chatter out there about using a microwave, although, I must admit, that many of the sites you get when searching for this all appear to be new age "health sites", who do have an agenda....

Maybe this is one for Soficrow...

EDIT: Sorry... Dr Hanz Hertel's name came up when I searched for "microwaved water", not in the initial post, my mistake...

[edit on 14/4/06 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
boy that make you think. I don't think I am going to heat water in the microwave again.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
She did let the water cool first... right?

Seriously, that's some interesting stuff! I wonder what cooking any foods in the wave does to it. Because the way the wave cooks is by heating the moisture in the food. That's why plates don't get hot.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think I'm going to try this at home. I'll post if I actually do it or not.

I don't drink boiled water from the microwave but I wonder if the microwaved food we eat it bad for us too.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
not liking microwaved water is a bit mild. I will not be microwaving my coffee any more.

external image

external image

external image

Source

[edit on 14/4/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think I'm going to try this at home. I'll post if I actually do it or not.

Oh, please do it!
I'm too lazy! And I want to see the results!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
seeing this thread reminded me of the experiments done on water by dr emoto, a japanese scientist. wish i had a microscope to check his claims...

www.aiis.com.au...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it had something to do with the container she nuked the water in. If it was some kind of plastic or polycarbonate, perhaps nuking it leeches chemicals from the container to the water. I vaguely remember hearing something about phytoestrogen from p.e.t. plastic causing manboobs and other nasty stuff. Also, I wonder if the plants got equal amounts of sun. And while I'm nitpicking, it looks like the nuked water plant has been trimmed around day six to nine, would of been better to leave any dead foliage attached.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I think I'm going to search for more info on this. I don't cook dinner is the microwave but I do heat up leftover and coffee although now maybe not

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
While you are experimenting with this (whoever actually does) add a third plant and give it only distilled water.

I'm thinking that the distilled and microwave will have close to the same results.

The microwave is so efficient at excelerating water molecules that it may be reducing the minerals, sticking them to the container used.

There is also the possibility that the water was microwaved in a plastic container, which as we all know, releases a nasty mix of toxins when microwaved. I'd recommend using glass for everything just to eliminate that possibility. Boiling in an aluminum pan can also alter the water purity.

Need a lot of control with this experiment, a lot more than the grandkid had from what was written.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
fingapointa

I'm wondering if it had something to do with the container she nuked the water in. If it was some kind of plastic or polycarbonate, perhaps nuking it leeches chemicals from the container to the water. I vaguely remember hearing something about phytoestrogen from p.e.t. plastic causing manboobs and other nasty stuff.

That's a good question you raise, about the container used to hold the water during the microwave bath. I'm thinking ceramic or glass would be best, to avoid the possibility of contamination.

When plastic heats, it releases volatile chemicals. New car smell is killer.

The microwave water experiment wasn't well documented, so it would be best if several people replicated it, and kept more accurate notes on the methodology.

(I'd do it, but I don't have a microwave)

Also, I wonder if the plants got equal amounts of sun.

It appears they did, from the pictures, but we don't know for sure. Another good thing to remember, for anyone wishing to replicate the experiment.

And while I'm nitpicking, it looks like the nuked water plant has been trimmed around day six to nine, would of been better to leave any dead foliage attached.

I also noticed that, but I have a question for you. When you say it would have been 'better', you mean it would have been better for the photographs or better for the experiment? As far as I know, if you're trying to keep a plant alive, you trim dead foliage.

Are you not supposed to trim dead foliage, to keep plants alive? That's always how I've done it.

It's the same thing with a person, if they get their leg all mashed up in an accident, you don't just leave it to dangle. Anyway, this is just my perception, but I'm nowhere near as qualified to speak on the subject as some of our other members, who've appear to have more degrees than I have teeth.

But anyway, the broader issue is corporate liability for injuries resulting from toxic/dangerous products. There is little hope for the little guy. This country is owned and operated by folks who are willing to put millions at risk, and they're well equipped to do so with impunity.

justyc
The guy's experiments were pretty biased, and to my knowledge they haven't been replicated yet. I'm really interested in the concepts he puts forward, but until some disinterested party adds credibility to his operation, I'm very skeptical.

To be clear, I think what he's saying makes total sense, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was true. But, until his experiments are replicated by someone not selling a dozen books and videos on the subject, the claims are going to appear to be exaggerated.

Maybe the water in our bodies is our soul. Chronic dehydration..ouch, what's that mean?

Some truth to the humours theory of medicine?

Oh man, the possibilities are endless, for tying his concepts in to a larger interpretive framework. I do hope some folks follow up his research dilligently, and market their results with the same zeal so we can advance our collective understanding.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyrde One
When you say it would have been 'better', you mean it would have been better for the photographs or better for the experiment? As far as I know, if you're trying to keep a plant alive, you trim dead foliage.

Sorry, I meant better for the photographs. Just from the point of view of being able to say for sure "oh look the leaves have wilted". Still I didn't want to poo poo the experiment, as I think it's a good one. Kind of reminds me of a similar experiment where someone tested the ice from fast food drinks and found it chock full of bacteria. Go kid scientists.

edit: I'd try the experiment, but I don't have a microwave or a window with good sunlight all day.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by fingapointa]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh, Boy I warm my milk in the microwave every time I am making coffee, I still do the coffee in the stove old fashion way, grinding, boiling and filtering.

I have done that for years
I will think two times before boiling my milk again.

The sad think I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day!!!!!!!!!that is a lot milk boiled in that way.

I don't want to wither and die.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've always wondered how microwaves could possibly be safe, but apparently they're not as harmless as they're cracked up to be after all.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its not much of a suprise that a Microwave could possibly do something like this, Ive heard of deaths related to microwave transmitter towers and such, and its common knowledge that those will bake your brain if you get infront of one.

Another thought is the microwave itself and what contents are on the walls of the actual device. Since its a contained area the water vapor from heating it could very well have bonded with whatever was in there then been reintroduced to the water as it cooled back down.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just be careful when microwaving water...

Superheating and Microwave Ovens

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join