It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment surveillance is everywhere !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Someone just showed me a few things yesterday that kind of blew my mind.
I was in the "bad" part of town.` I was shown a gigantic palm tree from a distance, that if you look closely is artificial and laced with radio antennas and microphones. We walked up near it and the base of the "tree" is surrounded by a 10+ foot high wall, with another smaller building inside the perimeter. Barb wire along the top with a heavy metal security door.

Additionally, less than a few hundred yards away is a very tall thing metal structure with a black orb housing a telephoto lens camera. We sat there and watched it, and you can see the camera slowly circling around inside it !
This thing is high enough up in the air, I think it can watch from 1/2 a mile away.

All of this is just a couple hundred yards off a busy street.
The person who showed me this stuff says it is part of a covert police monitoring/eavesdropping system. Because like I said, it's a shady part of town with lots of gang activity and narcotics trafficing.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's no major threat for me
did you know that you are being monitored by IP by the buggest Spy Agency In United States?....You may watch adult content and they see everything.

Or they will implant chips so they can follow your daily routine?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There are people who all they do all day long is monitor web activity, its what they get paid to do. If you go to a certain website, you have just put yourself under surveillance. They also do certain things with phones. New a spook who told me there is a system that monitors phone calls made outside of the CONUS, when keywords were spoken, the system would send the phone call to a person, who all they do is monitor phone calls, same kind of thing as above, only with phones. There are alot of ways to put you under surveillance

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's sad that these days people seem to be criminals first, citizens second..

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I was shown a gigantic palm tree from a distance, that if you look closely is artificial and laced with radio antennas and microphones.

Today, cell towers can be disguised as trees, lighthouses, cactuses, boulders - almost anything a community can imagine.

You might check to see if one of your local cellphone companies has put it up. As for the black orb with the camera in it, it could be as simple as a security device protecting the property from vandalism, or yes, it could be there for other monitoring purposes.

JDub

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ATS won't let me post the link in my original reply here for some reason.

Anyway, the link is:

LINK

JDub

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well we been veiwed by the gov since birth. Your s/s card #, anything you do job, school, hospital visits everything involves your s/s #. Now why do you think that so they can know our every move. So those cameras you talk about are not so bad because it been going on its nothing new. now (GPS) tracking devices are what we should worrie about. Yea its cool to have one on a car but they can find your a$$ anywhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Now here is the thing that gets me we do know of the cameras but how many other things THEY use to view us that we dont know of ?
I'm sure you all have seen "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith now that stuff scares me! Now whos to say thats True or Not true???
I live in New York a really bad part in the Bronx and not for nothing call me crazy being that i have a son thats a year old i would feel safe with those cameras around. Why dont we have them. I'll tell you why we dont cuz its the ghetto they dont give two $hit$ About us. One thing we have in a other part of the Bronx ( not in my part) but they have tracking moniters on poject houseing that can detect gun shots in the area now thats cool but how the hell they gonna find them? By that time they will be long gone
those Trackers can aslo tell them what kind of gun was used cool huh well i guess in my part of the Bronx we are less important. So consiter yourself lucky to have those cameras!!!!!!!

Please dont mind the misspells lmao

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Someone just showed me a few things yesterday that kind of blew my mind.
I was in the "bad" part of town.` I was shown a gigantic palm tree from a distance, that if you look closely is artificial and laced with radio antennas and microphones.

These are called 'cell phone towers'

Additionally, less than a few hundred yards away is a very tall thing metal structure with a black orb housing a telephoto lens camera.

You could tell that it was a telephoto lens even though it was in a blacked out orb?

What was the building? Private or public?
Why do you think its dangerous that there are security cameras in crime ridden and dangerous parts of a town???

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
NYGDAN What was the building? Private or public?
Why do you think its dangerous that there are security cameras in crime ridden and dangerous parts of a town???

i agree but is sucks i live in one of the worst parts in New York and we dont have any here. I would feel safer as for me my girl friend and my son!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
opps i mean i would ask the same thing nygdan is asking Schaden?????

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA
now (GPS) tracking devices are what we should worrie about. Yea its cool to have one on a car but they can find your a$$ anywhere.

This is how it all came about. I met this guy (friend of a freind) who was carrying around a scanner with a super long whip antenna. He said it was cause this area was "hot".

Then he asks if he can see my cell phone and shows me about the little globe in the corner and how it enables and disables GPS tracking. He showed me how to switch it off, so only if I call 911, can they triangulate my position. Otherwise on default if the govt wants to know where you are, they can talk w/ the cell phone company and they'll home in on your cell phone.

I'll have to get a picture of this fake tree. It looks real unless you stare at it, and then you notice all the antennas and equipment hidden among the fronds. He said it was part of a system called ICE.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by Schaden]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As the above posts said, when the community don't want to see an ugly antenna tower in their backyard, the cell phone companies will disguise the tower as a tree or other concealed structure to make them happy.

But the trouble does not stop there. Some people believe that microwave signals are a health hazard for the neighbor so these protesters might go to great lengths to disrupt the signal, such as cutting the wires with a chainsaw, yep, I'm not kidding, this kind of stuff really happens, even though this does not necessarily make the news. So that's why the phone companies protect the towers with barbwired fences and surveillance cameras.

And as a side note, do not mess with those protected towers. I can tell from experience that those surveillance cameras do work! Because after I was taking pictures of cell phone towers around town, the police got in touch with me to find out what I was up to. But fortunately I was not punished when the police discovered that I was simply an harmless dude documenting radio frequencies as a hobby. Instead they were interested in my work and wanted me to share help for some kind of database they are using to triangulate criminal's cell phone location, that was fun.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
you do realize that if you put yourself under surveilance for visitng a certain site, more than likely we are all under surveilance.

Also, all the modern cell phones that have a GPS locator on them supposedly have a feature to turn the GPS off except in 911 calls only, but whats to say that they actually turn off? they could be constantly tracking us.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think those are just cell phone towers, which are really used for mind control. Maybe your town is being tested with this security system before it is realesed.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You can be tracked roughly with your cellphone anyway, I subscribe to a service which allows me to locate my phone or my missus' within about 100 - 500 metres just off the standard locating service which allows the system to know which cell your on.
It only seems to work by knowing which cell you are locked onto and calculating the rough distance from the cell using the known power output of the phone/signal strength at the cell.
(The system knows the power setting your phone is using and by knowing the footprint of the cell they can work out your distance, so they know you are roughly on the perimeter of a circle around the cell station.)
Of course they could easily make it more accurate by taking readings from several cells in range and triangulating your position, though they do not seem to do this on the public service they probably do in reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Of course they could easily make it more accurate by taking readings from several cells in range and triangulating your position, though they do not seem to do this on the public service they probably do in reality.

I was talking to my dad about this awhile back. First of all, in case you are not aware, cell phone 'cells' overlap with each other. (to prevent there being any 'dead' areas) My dad was saying that if you are in range of one cell tower, they know what cell you are in, but usually not where specifically. If you are in range of two towers, they know where you are to within a few meters. If you are in range of three towers, they know exactly where you are standing, i.e. the margin of error is so small that it is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Mentor
It's no major threat for me
did you know that you are being monitored by IP by the buggest Spy Agency In United States?....You may watch adult content and they see everything.

Or they will implant chips so they can follow your daily routine?

So they know exactly what I have been working on and everything I transmit when I'm on the computer?
GOOD!
Maybe they are starting to realize that I am NOT their enemy unless they want to protect the system that is killing my family, and I won't have to keep trying to intimidate them so much.

Either the government is watching us to see if anybody can stop the progress of the military chemical assault that was launched against us MANY many years ago, or they just want to make sure everybody remains intimidated by their monitoring so they can enjoy watching as the ENEMY maintains control of their test subjects.
It's a soap opera! that the USG has either created intentionally or by some miracle every high ranking military official is just STUPID !
I CAN"T BELIEVE their families eat the food from the same shelves as Americans do.

If you see a hidden camera, MOON IT !
Either they are laughing at US, or we need to start laughing about them.
Somebody should be able to appreciate the humor in this 'bloody drama' that they are trying to keep us quiet about.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ok this is annoying. From 2008 the U.K Gov will have my DNA, eye scan and figure prints should I require a passport to leave their country. Now it turns out my phone gives them my position, just as their licence number reading cameras will let them know who I’m visiting. Now I also learn they know everything I do online.
Meanwhile satellites are to be used to access the value of my home for council tax purposes (I kid you not). news.independent.co.uk...

thisismoney.co.uk

www.silicon.com...

The MRIA scanner is already being used to develop a full proof lie detector, and U.K politics is a one party of government state (that's bad really).

Of course "democracy" and the mass media are no longer really necessary to keep the masses under control. Those are just old style legacies of the past (which thankfully still exist, well for now anyway).

People like The_Mentor may say its all to keep me safe. Err its a nice thought but how come prisons are overflowing in this country yet the Chancellor (and future prime minister) Gordon Brown have allocated absolutely zero money to build more? Yet they keep cutting back on civil liberties ether in big chunks like I.D cards or in smaller ones like giving police more ways to prosecute people without a trial by jury.
Honestly Mentor people like you open up the boundaries of what the government can get away with. Saying "its all for my protection" might be a valid opinion but in my opinion it’s a very, very dangerous one. And anyway who needs to hear it? I'm sure if enough people don’t the government will do some “public information” TV advert to do just so.

Anyways survey this: I would like nothing more than some surveillance riots. Something like the pole tax when enough people finally figure out what’s going on. When all these "made in China" cameras can go in one place and that's the bin or street bonfire. Isn't it quite ironic so much surveillance equipment should be made in Asia given the state of democracy over there?

Anyway someone should desighn a phone you can't track. You would make bucket loads, and I would be the first to buy just to be defiant.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 19-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well I hate to say it, but the survelience really helps me out.

Sorry

new topics

top topics

join