It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And it starts...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just a day after Iran announced it has defied the world and has enriched uranium, the Iranian president has restarted his genocidal rhetoric against Israel.

CNN

"Iran president: Israel a threat to Islamic nations"

TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- Iran's president said on Friday that the existence of the "Zionist regime", Iran's term for Israel, was a threat to the Islamic world, days after declaring Iran had become a nuclear power by enriching uranium.

But the tone of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech to a conference on the Palestinian issue was slightly more moderate than fiery rhetoric last year, when Iran's official IRNA news agency quoted him as telling a conference: "Israel must be wiped off the map."

"The existence of the Zionist regime is tantamount to an imposition of an unending and unrestrained threat so that none of the nations and Islamic countries of the region and beyond can feel secure from its threat," Ahmadinejad said on Friday.

Iran certainly has something brewing; they just can’t keep things quiet. My feeling is something’s up. Why start this just a day after announcing the ability to enrich uranium? “Hey, we got nukes! BTW: Israel should die”

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
One should also keep in mind that the news we get is often a) wrong b) biased c) disinformation d) designed

What does Iran have to say? www.irna.ir...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
CNN

But the tone of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech to a conference on the Palestinian issue was slightly more moderate than fiery rhetoric last year, when Iran's official IRNA news agency quoted him as telling a conference: "Israel must be wiped off the map."

- What "genocidal rhetoric", where?

I suppose you chose to ignore the comment about a more moderate tone because it just doesn't fit in with your agenda then skippy?

......and if you can demonstrate anything beyond yet another of your desperately tedious 'get ready for war' threads actually 'starting' then feel free.

Approx 3.5% 'enrichment' (LEU = power station fuel level) is not the kind of 'going nuclear' you seem determined to imply it is
(HEU, bomb making material is at least 80%).

[edit on 14-4-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
even more information on this...

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj.-Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

Toronto Star

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oilbourse2006
even more information on this...

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

- Well what on earth does anyone expect?

Should he be telling an international conference on the Palestinian issue that they will never see justice?
Or that Palestinians will be expected to 'recognise' Israel (as Hamas are talking of doing) but Israel never to recognise a Palestinian state?

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj.-Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

Toronto Star

- That must be the same kind of 'reliable, in theatre' sources that were so accurate about Iraq's WMDs.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

That must be the same kind of 'reliable, in theatre' sources that were so accurate about Iraq's WMDs.

Yeah, it must be, huh, sminkeypinkey?
The very same intelligence service from France, the UK, Germany, the US, etc., etc., etc!

Should he be telling an international conference on the Palestinian issue that they will never see justice?

"Justice" is a mtter of interpretation and perspective, especially when sides are taken.

Or that Palestinians will be expected to 'recognise' Israel (as Hamas are talking of doing) but Israel never to recognise a Palestinian state?

Israel cannot "recognize" a Palestinian state because their is no Palestinian state at the moment.

Israel has made concession towards that end, has Hamas?

seekerof

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The very same intelligence service from France, the UK, Germany, the US, etc., etc., etc!

- Did you miss the "in theatre" bit, hmmm?

Are you trying to say the Israelis were not feeding the frenzy back then?

"Justice" is a mtter of interpretation and perspective, especially when sides are taken.

- That's about the same kind of diversionary rhetorical stuff some wanted to engage in with South Africa.

Israel cannot "recognize" a Palestinian state because their is no Palestinian state at the moment.

-
all you like but the fact is the 'solution' will be 2 states, something Israel is working hard to avoid.

Israel has made concession towards that end, has Hamas?

- If (and it is a big if) Israel can demonstrate her seriousness in this then yes, Hamas is talking about recognising and engaging with the Israeli state.

(.....and it isn't just the likes of Hamas that await proof of Israels sincerity.)

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
More plans of genocide from Ahmadinejad

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad said this TODAY. And how may I ask we are supposed to translate that? "...eliminated by ONE STORM."

Its on people. Things are in motion and Iran has a plan.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think Iran got a bomb from some left over Soviet Country or China etc.. and this whole thing about building their own is a front to cover for where they got their real bombs. O

Once they use it the world would otherwise look for where it came from.

If Iran all the sudden can be made to look like they can make thier own bombs then they can use them without anyone wondering where it came from.

Its all just a cover for when they use the bombs they already have so the donor country does not get caught.

X

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The Associated Press article is a little less ‘sterile’ than the shortened Reuters article carried by CNN.

Iran Leader: Israel Will Be Annihilated

TEHRAN, Iran - The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."
AP article

vs.
Reuters article

..."one storm" is an odd term...must be in reference to the "dried tree".

mg

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's political rhetoric aimed at a political regime.

It isn't "genocidal" talk.

It isn't a declaration of war.

Get over it and stop pretending any and everything can be twisted to suit this absurd pro-war agenda
(which actually has the effect of propping up the very elements you claim to want to see the back of; if only you could see it).

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
It's political rhetoric aimed at a political regime.

It isn't "genocidal" talk.

It isn't a declaration of war.

Get over it and stop pretending any and everything can be twisted to suit this absurd pro-war agenda
(which actually has the effect of propping up the very elements you claim to want to see the back of; if only you could see it).

Twisted to meet a pro war Agenda? LOL, Not talk of genocide?

Here is a quote for you:

"It must be thoroughly understood that the lost land will never be won back by solemn appeals to the God, nor by hopes in any League of Nations, but only by the force of arms."

You know who wrote that Mr Head in the Sand? - Adolf Hitler

Familiar words, now reoccurring... But no worries, its just rhetoric…
Oh, and one more from your friend:

"A single blow must destroy the enemy... without regard of losses... a gigantic all-destroying blow." - Adolf Hitler

[edit on 14-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Twisted to meet a pro war Agenda?

- That seems to be the kind of thing you spend much of your time doing these days here skippy.

Just like your previous 'oh yes he did' thread and many more.

Not talk of genocide?

- Feel free to point out the actual "genocidal" talk part in the quoted news reference you gave......

.....and maybe whilst you are at it you can explain why you preferred to ignore completely the reference within that article to a more moderated tone?

Here is a quote for you:

You know who wrote that Mr Head in the Sand? - Adolf Hitler

- Now you really are raking out the bottom of the barrel.

Hitler references, God help us all.
......but interesting to see where you look to for inspiration, it explains a lot.

You can buy into (and work hard at) the fear manufacturing all you like skippy but that guy is no Hitler, Iran nowhere like Germany in the 1930's and the 'balance' of power in the ME (or the world for that matter) gives no reason for any sane and rational person to fear Iran.

(This is a retread of the same old nonsense tried out with Saddam, 'we' had nothing to fear then either)

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
On the other hand, Israel is and has been the butt end of 90% of the problems in the middle east. They make a point of never solving anything and their enemys are litterally life long with no light at the end of an endless tunnel.

What, hypothetically of course, would happen to the global powers that be if Israel WAS taken out of the proverbial equation?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
sorry but i didnt see any threats what so ever on what he said, notice how we can say what ever we want and nothing can happen to us so i really dont care.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
...notice how we can say what ever we want and nothing can happen to us so i really dont care.

Man, some of us are actually trying to convince people that you Iranian folk aren't all maniacal, fundamentalist, wackos...you aren't helping the cause.

I hope for everyones sake that this is all just rubbish. Aren't you guys tired of fighting? Am I the only one gunning for a utopia full of flowers, budweiser, and bong hits?

Smiley...why do we bother? Where is a good hole to hide in for the next 20 or 30 years?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
sorry but i didnt see any threats what so ever on what he said, notice how we can say what ever we want and nothing can happen to us so i really dont care.

I cannot believe that cannot read what is written :shk:

Yahoo News
"The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The above two statements can only be taken one way no matter how hard you try and spin them :shk:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And CNN says:

"the Zionist regime is a dying tree, and soon its branches will be broken down."

www.cnn.com...

*No need to quote the post directly above yours*

[edit on 14-4-2006 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemithesis
One should also keep in mind that the news we get is often a) wrong b) biased c) disinformation d) designed

What does Iran have to say? www.irna.ir...

Because I would probably trust the "Islamic Press" over other more credible sources
. I mean, give me a break. I mean we know that Muslims NEVER lie, right? Nor are they capable of propaganda, eh?

Now come on!!! They lie as a matter of social occurance and radical Islam IS propaganda!!! Your article sorely lacks anything akin to credibility. Based on this guy's past, I'm siding with American journalists on this one. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So how many Nukes does Iran have?

and they're going to take out israel?

Based on plausible upper and lower bounds of the operating practices at the reactor, Israel could have thus produced enough plutonium for at least 100 nuclear weapons, but probably not significantly more than 200 weapons.

www.fas.org...

I hope is all just some false bravado no need it getting all the innocent killed on either side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join