It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Authority: Pleistocene Period Paintings Actually Ancient Adolescent Artwork

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A leading authority on cave art has brought forward a theory that testorone-fueled teenage boys created most of the paintings in caves that we find. He describes how the subject matter of the art follow the same sort of subject matter in today's graffitis and adolescent artistry.

Cave art may have been teen graffiti
Testosterone-fuelled boys created most prehistoric cave art, according to a book by one of the world's authorities on this type of art.

The theory contradicts the idea that adult, tribal shaman spiritual leaders and healers produced virtually all of it.

It also explains why many of the images drawn in caves during the Pleistocene, between 10,000 and 35,000 years ago, somewhat mirror today's artwork and graffiti, largely produced by adolescent males.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I've always suspected those cave paintings were simply just graffiti, not complex ritual paintings or whatever of that sort. I was always certain there were other who had the same thought as I did and this confirmation by an expert further validates that. This theory makes much more sense to me than shaman magic rituals.

Given that today's 'independent' wall art and ancient 'religious' or 'sanctioned' wall art covers such similiar "way of life" subject matters, I don't understand how the reigning school of thought is that they represent more than just simply grafitti.

Occams Razor. The simplest explanation is usually the right one. We may be much more advanced than our predecessors were, but most of the concepts we have in our day to day lives are not much more different than what it was during 'simpler times'.

Related News Links:
dsc.discovery.com
www.eculturalresources.com
www.freenewmexican.com

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Beachcoma]

[edit on 19-4-2006 by asala]

join