It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm not a Mod Anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm getting lots of questions about why I'm not a moderator anymore and I wanted to answer this here instead of one person at a time. My fingers are getting tired.

Nothing 'happened'. Sadly, there is no drama to report around this decision.

I just realized that I wasn't enjoying ATS as much as I used to. I wasn't posting as much (did you miss me?)
and I wasn't PODcasting as much and I definitely wasn't singing as much
and I missed it all.

So, I decided to resign my moderator position. Springer was totally cool and understanding about it (of course) and I will miss being a mod, I'm sure (I miss the Applause button already!) but not as much as I miss being a regular contributing member.

It takes a special talent and commitment to be a good moderator and I think my talents lie in other areas.

There's no bad feelings anywhere (as far as I know
) and I love everyone just the same.

So, thanks everyone for asking. Everything's cool.

BH
ATS Member

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Dang girl! You was the bestest! Fast becoming one of my favorites. You really deserved it...but, it's about you and not us, and I had noticed you weren't posting as much.

Welcome back to the land of less stress...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
saphy is uber typer. I wanted to type in 1st reply!!!!!!!!

but I was beaten to the punch or post

and stress? this bts let go of stress

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Good to have you back!

You have way too much to contribute to spend your whole ATS day editing and warning poopheads. We would much rather have your input.

p.s. You are still my favorite former-mod.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh, i had no idea.

BUT i did miss you terribly, and i'm being selfish when i tell you i'm glad we have you back.

I am sure you are very capable and if you ever want to do it in the future you will have your job.

In the meantime, do what makes you happy.

You are the queen as far as i am concerned.

I love ya.

* Yiiiiiipeeeeee* She's back!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Heretical Benevolence

Well hey, I'll miss having you as a fellow moderator, but I'm thrilled to still have you as a fellow member.

Yeah, life as a mod is definitely different from life as a "regular" member (whatever that is). There are a lot of pressures which come with being a mod, and they can gnaw at you.

I doubt most members appreciate how cool simply being a member of ATS really is. I mean seriously, members get all the perks.

When you look at what makes ATS so awesome, it's all about what all members get out of it: access to and participation in the best damn forum on the Internet.

Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

I first figured this all out last summer when I became a Councilor. When my term was up last fall, it felt so good to just be a member. I really learned to appreciate the simple Joy of ATS again.

I really liked the feeling of being able to say what I want and only have it reflect on me as a member. Now, even when I try to clarify when I'm mouthing off as a member and not a mod, I know I still have to "watch myself", and well, I know you understand what that feels like.

I'm loving being a mod (I'll admit I worried about it at first, and still do now and then), but I can definitely agree that it's not for everyone.

But thanks for giving it a shot, and thanks for continuing to be a member I admire.

One of your many enthusiastic fans,

Majic

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Takes a really special and unique type to be a mod and contributing member and do both well. Takes an even more special person to admit it's not for them [even if they CAN do both well, but it's just not comfortable]. If something's got to give, I'm glad it's not the participation.

I have a great deal of appreciation for the people willing to step up to the responsibility of ensuring the smooth operation of the site. And maybe even more for the ones that admit it's not a good fit after trying it.

So, thanks for giving it a shot, and thanks for adding some very valuable and interesting content. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What a JOY it was to have someone who has the integrity to admit they aren't enjoying the site as much in the staff role and simply ask to be reinstated as a member!

No drama, no hyperbole, no B.S.

It amazes me how so many people find it necessary to hide things like this out of some egotistical fear.
Being a Moderator is pretty much a thankless, VOLUNTEER (no money) huge time eater.

I want to personally THANK Benevolent Heretic for being such an honest and decent person.

Members like Benevolent Heretic make running this site WORTH IT.

Springer...

[edit on 4-14-2006 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You know it doesn't matter one tiny bit what role you're in when your're here, BH, as long as you're here. This place would not be the same without ya by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Everybody ask because you are well known and a great member.

I understand your decision and respect it, is nice to know that you feel good just been a humble member and that your post will bring a lot of meaning to ATS, I do miss many members postings that are now moderators.

But the busy schedule comes with the job and that is something we all understand and respect also.

Is great to be just a member and in my case with a very Big mouth

We all love you here in ATS as a mod or member

[edit on 14-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No wonder I love this place so much

Thank you sincerely for all your kind words! I am touched! (in a good way.
)

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic,

Sad to see you leave the mod world, But i fully respect you takeing the choice to leave due to your own feelings,

Its been great getting to know you a little better, your a fun person,smart and all round lovley

Remember we are still here lol so if you see something you can still send me the *Can You fix this quick* u2u heheh

See you about the board, and look forward to your pods

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow BH!

I log in today to see that you've stepped down and must say I'm saddened. I'll miss having you around cosmic but I am also glad you didn't let it get to the point where you decided to leave ATS all together.

I'm sure not everyone understands that being in cosmic means you mostly see the negative side of ATS and it can "get to you" after too much drama behind the scenes or dealing with too many idiots. It's a totally different experience and you definitely can't contribute as much. You always have the pressure of staying neutral when all you want to do is intellectually stomp on some idiot poster you don't agree with but feel the need to hold back lest they accuse you of being a nazi mod. As has already been stated, it's not for everyone.

I completely understand and respect your decision and I for one look forward to your long stay and excellent contributions.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
BH, to see true style and grace is so refreshing!

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not a mod anymore. But, I will thank you for the days that you were a mod. Because in that capacity you have shown support for some of my work. And that has made me feel more inclusive within the fabric of ATS.

Even though I am new here, I've read your posts and respect what you had to say because your words reflect the refreshing open-mindedness that I like to read on boards such as this one. However, I am very glad that you will still contribute your wonderful posts to ATS.

I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

Best Wishes,

Ceci

[edit on 16-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Congrats on your decision BH...I know you can be pretty opinionated (like me) and that can cause problems if you're in any position of authority. I'm not saying that ever happened to you, but it's probably another plus to remaining a member.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Nope, djohnsto77, that never caused any problems for me at all. I even applauded people with whom I disagreed.

The reasons for my stepping down were stated in this opening post and have nothing to do with my strong opinions or being in a 'position of authority'. In fact, I considered my position one of service, not authority.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I imagine being a mod was time-consuming, I look forward to reading your future posts, I have noticed your posts are well written, articulate.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Done with admirable grace, as usual.

Glad to have you back BH!!!

new topics

top topics

join