It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids at Giza were there BEFORE the Egyptians got there.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I said that by 3250 BC, the item in the GP mortar, described as:

10B (charcoal)
3809 +-160
198th course top platform, SW corner

Was already 600 years old.

Which simply means that in order to produce the charcoal a piece of wood that had been dead for 600 years was used. That's not so unusual. Some of us have furniture in our homes made of wood that old. Maybe one day it'll be so riddled with woodworm we'll use it to make charcoal?

Originally posted by Byrd

Ancient Egyptians did not worship the CD. Trust me on this one.

That's true. But Plato may well have shown them a CD he picked up when he travelled to the 21st century in his time machine. It gave him the idea for Atlantis you know, amongst other things,. Plato was a busy, busy chap. He got up to all kind of shennanigans with his time machine.

Allegedly ......

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i knew I should have copyrighted the concept of Platos time machine when I had the chance
if I had i'd probably be living somewhere in beverley hills right now

thats right
they worshipped 8 track tapes like the rest of us
they called it the ennead

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

thats right
they worshipped 8 track tapes like the rest of us
they called it the ennead

You sure it wasn't The Enid?

Maybe Plato gave the Egyptians a Prog Rock album?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah Byrd, the 1/100th is the fit of the white cover stones. As can be seen in the remaining ones of old bent pyramid they are smooth as a baby's butt in places. Not only was is the fit tight to adjacent ones at the seams but they were smoothed down so that they were level in height overall so as to produce a glass-like effect.

Overall fit of all the stones was tight in that the cracks seen between any blocks do not travel the length of the blocks, ie. the blocks touch on enough of their surface that you can't slide a paper between them. Perhaps a couple inches at the face are not touching but further on in they are.

The main construction was completed with fitted stones not dressed ones. The difference is dressed stones are basically polished to fit in close tolerance. Fitted are simply smoothed down only enough to get a reasonably square fit.

The quarries did have to work ahead for sure since the placement would take less time than the manufacture. And I agree with you that the timespan is far too short to be reasonable. When I heard a chap on TV ponder that perhaps it was a 100 years public works project it seemed to decompress the illogicalness of impetus.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yeah Byrd, the 1/100th is the fit of the white cover stones

theres no proof of that at all
seeing as the casing was removed after many of the stones fell off during an earthquake in the 13th century and the rest were then removed to rebuild Cairo I fail to see just at what point an engineer with a micrometer did that measuring.
whats your source on that exactly Cruizer ?
Have you been reading crystallinks

offering up the bent pyramid as proof of the egytpians building perfection doesn't cut it if you know how it got that name in the first place
and as for a glass like effect
prior to this forced entry by the Arab Al Manum in 820 A.D. it was noticed that the outside cover stones were etched with a vast amount of writing.
most likely telling exactly how the egyptian labourers did it and who it was built for and why

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Which simply means that in order to produce the charcoal a piece of wood that had been dead for 600 years was used. That's not so unusual. Some of us have furniture in our homes made of wood that old. Maybe one day it'll be so riddled with woodworm we'll use it to make charcoal?

Actually it means that piece of charcoal carbon dated as 3800 BC (if we are to believe the GP wasn't built till 2600 BC or later), was already around 1000 years old or older (depending on the date set for the building of the GP) by the time it was placed in the mortar.

I find this hard to imagine, primarily because only petrified wood tends to last that long in the environment once it has been cut off from its "tree". It could've been a piece of petrified wood that was burned in 2600 BC for addition to the mortar, I suppose, but then there's another piece of wood found

10B (wood)
3101 +-414
198th course top platform, SW corner

Notice it is 3101 BC, give or take four hundred years and that none of the items dates to later than 2800 BC. So did they suddenly run out of wood or whatever, in 2800BC? I mean, there are layers and layers of unanswered questions in all this. These things are ignored because any potential theories tend to roam away from the accepted one. Well, that doesn't mean they don't still need answers.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by undo]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

LOL I didn't think they did... that would mess with my theories anyway

I just couldn't resist when I found that...

But ummm just how do you KNOW this? I mean there are discs with holes all over the place from ancient days...

maybe those Aussies are right and that symbol with the black dot isn't the sun... I mean why would they need more than one symbol for "sun".... Either that or they need to have a few less Fosters...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo It could've been a piece of petrified wood that was burned in 2600 BC for addition to the mortar,

LOL stick to the wood... your doing fine...
Petrified wood does not burn, nor does it have carbon...

Petrified wood is wood replaced by silica in the form of quartz and becomes agate or jasper depending on structure... It only looks like the original wood as the silica filled in the old material

None of which changes the date the GP was built

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

LOL stick to the wood... your doing fine...
Petrified wood does not burn, nor does it have carbon...

Petrified wood is wood replaced by silica in the form of quartz and becomes agate or jasper depending on structure... It only looks like the original wood as the silica filled in the old material

None of which changes the date the GP was built

I was wondering about that, but was too lazy to go look it up. lol

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

offering up the bent pyramid as proof of the egytpians building perfection doesn't cut it if you know how it got that name in the first place
and as for a glass like effect
prior to this forced entry by the Arab Al Manum in 820 A.D. it was noticed that the outside cover stones were etched with a vast amount of writing.
most likely telling exactly how the egyptian labourers did it and who it was built for and why

Since you and a few of YOUR FRIENDS here in this thread seem to KNOW EVERYTHING then kindly tell us how the pyramids were built? After all that is the question on everyone's mind and we are all inquiring about that.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Since you and a few of YOUR FRIENDS here in this thread seem to KNOW EVERYTHING then kindly tell us how the pyramids were built? After all that is the question on everyone's mind and we are all inquiring about that.

the Question had you been bothered to read the thread title is were the pyramids there before the egyptians
the answer is clearly No as the egyptians were the ones who built them
if you want to stray off topic I suggest you open a new thread and tell us all about it

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hey Marduk check out :

Petrie, W.M.F.
Pyramids & Temples of Gizeh
John Murray, London, 1910

Edwards, I.E.S.
The Pyramids of Egypt
Penguin Books Ltd, Middlesex GB, 1947

These are pretty much the definitive works on raw measurments, data and lots more. These men clinically went about their work long before lame theories and "what ifs" abounded to taint things in some pre-determined direction. Also as noted the Bent Pyramid still has portions of the casing stone that are intact with smooth symmetry. That part was and is perfect.

[edit on 10/10/06 by Cruizer]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
you can't prove things with old out of date books Cruizer
if thats the best info you have on the subject then you need to do a little more research
I have lost count of the fraudulent claims based on the evidence of old info i've seen in this genre. you must be good friends with Laird Scranton

i have been unable to find any credible site that states that the casing stones are to within 1/100th like you claimed either
the only sites that do are crystallinks which is not a reliable source and a number of "aliens did it" ufo sites

this is what touregypt.net had to say
"It is not unusual for us to find pyramids in Egypt that are mere ruins, often because of a poor foundation. It seems that some pyramid architects took the foundation very seriously, while others did not. The Bent Pyramid, though largely intact, owes its preservation to the builder's realization of their errors soon enough to make changes to their initial building plans. The relatively soft layer of slaty clay that the core rests upon seriously compromised the stability of the whole structure. The structure was further weakened by the internal masonry being laid with little care, leaving substantial gaps that were then filled with limestone rubble. However, one reason that so much of the fine white limestone casing remains is that they built an artificial foundation that it rests atop. "

www.touregypt.net...

doesn't seem like any master builder was at work here does it
and they don't mention anything about 1/100th which they would be sure to do if it wer true
so it isn't

if you can't provide any decent online references i will just have to assume that your claims are unfounded Cruizer
Hearsay isn't acceptable evidence on a forum such as this

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

the Question had you been bothered to read the thread title is were the pyramids there before the egyptians
the answer is clearly No as the egyptians were the ones who built them
if you want to stray off topic I suggest you open a new thread and tell us all about it

You are missing the point I believe because if the pyramids were made by the Egyptians then our science should be able to figure out how it was done and there should be information about backing it up. But there is none of that.

If the pyramids were built before the Egyptians then we would not know who did it or how and there is good reason that little if any evidence would be available to answer those questions we are trying to answer in this thread like how old are the pyramids.

See if your assertion is correct like the archeologists here assert then all the rest of the pieces should easily fall down to form a solvable puzzle but they don't and won't either no matter how hard you try.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

See if your assertion is correct like the archeologists here assert then all the rest of the pieces should easily fall down to form a solvable puzzle but they don't and won't either no matter how hard you try.

there have been plenty of descriptions in this thread already of exactly how the pyramids were built by egyptians
the problem is that the psuedo lovers and the alien cranks have filled your head with rubbish so you keep missing it
what exactly is so hard about building a pyramid
have a go at a gothic cathedral if you want something challenging
every five year old on earth with toy blocks can build a pyramid
and they frequently do
you won't hear any matter of fact explanations from any official egyptian egyptologists because explaining that everything is boring and obvious would affect tourism
you know what makes the world go round don't you ?
its not aliens or master builders from lost civilisations
its Money

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Can i get some verification on the slope of the GP's outer walls?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
slope of walls 51º52'
www-personal.umich.edu...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

slope of walls 51º52'
www-personal.umich.edu...

For an exercise, I suggest (hey, why you sticking out your tongue at me!) or rather request, that you do a study or paper arguing for the similarities between the great pyramid and a pyramidal prism. Just for fun. Humor me. I'm harmless. ... or as Douglas Adams would say, "Mostly Harmless."

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

you do a study or paper arguing for the similarities between the great pyramid and a pyramidal prism.

ok

----------------size-------------------substance----------light refraction----used by E.T.
Pyramid---90,000,000 ft3------------stone-----------------poor--------------N/A
pyr prism----

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yes, the statue is from Eridu. Wouldn't have said it if it wasn't. Eridu, circa 4000 BC.

• provenience: Eridu

• dimension(s) (in cm):
height: 14

• material: clay (baked)

• date: ca. 4000 BC

• description:
terracotta, nude male, with 'lizard-shaped' face and pointed head (hair piece?), holding stick in his left hand; shoulders decorated with applied clay pellets

Lost Treasures of Iraq, Oriental Institute, Oxford University
oi.uchicago.edu...

Check the eyes on Enki and his fellow "gods" in those pieces you selected, btw.

What's the age on that boat scene? Any links for it? If it's Akkadian, that may explain the difference.

Okay, as far as your attempt at comparative analysis... you are supposed to attempt to prove it. That was lame. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join