It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the US "LOST" in a war against Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Okay, but the post doesn't say how the US would lose, it says what if the US was defeated. Some are assuming it would be through guerilla war. But let us assume if it wasn't through guerilla warfare.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The U.S is already destroying itself. Slowly but surely. Who says America isn't already dead? Another World War and we'll soon see the destruction of all major superpowers and the George Orwell global fascist government come into play...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Too much to respond to here but:

Originally posted by God Emperor Zeonix
What would happen if the US lost? Well the rest of the world could go back to helping Africa without the US always stopping them, the ME would be 100x more stable, millions of people in 3rd world countries would no longer have to slave away for pennies creating things all the greedy lazy americans want but cannot make themselves, oil would drop in price because there would be no doller tax.

Yes the world did such a good job "helping Africa" when the Europeans powers just carved it up among themselves, leaving us the present day borders that divide many groups there.
How exactly will the ME be more stable under one autocratic theocracy of Persians who are the minority sect of Islam ruling over the Arab majority sect of Islam?
Instead of working for pennies, I guess they will work for nothing, some improvement. I'm sure the rest of the world doesn't get any of their goods from those countries either since they are neither "lazy" or "greedy".
If you think the price of oil would "drop", please tell me why?

To put it simply if the USA was wiped off the map with all its people the world would be so much better off. Sadly tho i cant see this happening unless Iran can manage to use AQ or some other militia to smuggle nukes into the US mainland.

Thank you for such a nice comment. I mean that is only about 300 MILLION PEOPLE that you wished were dead. Maybe you could smuggle in the device and activate it yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

The USA doesnt do a thing for Africa, just lets millions of them starve or works them to death in mines for gold/diamonds for you to show off with. The ME would be a whole lot more stable without the US protecting Israel unfairly, and without the US threatening and labeling whole nations evil a lot of the ME goverments wouldnt be so paranoid/secretive. Iran doesnt have empire wetdreams like Bush, it only defends itself from attack. People would be payed more because the gread of America wouldnt be breaking other countries backs, oil would drop in price because the demand would be lower (we all know you lazy Americans like driving v8 SUVS with 1-2 people in them) There would also be no secret tax on oil sales made in the US and London, i could go on and on, but just like bush i believe you to know the truth and just not give a damm but what more would i expect from a self centered American like yourself...

If the US was wiped out yes the world would be so much better, afterall all i see heere is Americans calling for nuking of other nations, from Iraq to Iran to syria to SA all because you Americans are like i sad cowards who are scared of shadows. Without you around calling for the deaths of other nations, labeling whole nations evil the world would be so much safer from terrorism and war. But I know you would rather suck the blood out of other people so long as they arnt American, so long as you never have to do a real days work.

[edit on 5/8/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

And I thought God Emperor's post was rabid.
Unfortunately for Africa, the whole fricken WORLD let's them starve. Where is Russia, the Islamic world, China etc when African countries need aid? The US and the EU are at the forefront of famine relief every time it happens. Don't blame the US for the world's apathy. Could the US do more? Sure, but so could the whole world and frankly most of them haven't done squat.

Your rationale for lower oil prices follows what economic model? It seems to imply that there would be no America consuming oil, is that because it would be gone, hence no more SUV's? I am glad that such peace loving people such as yourself would be more than happy that 300 Million people would just vanish from the face of the earth. Truly disturbing.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

The USA doesnt do a thing for Africa, just lets millions of them starve or works them to death in mines for gold/diamonds for you to show off with. The ME would be a whole lot more stable without the US protecting Israel unfairly, and without the US threatening and labeling whole nations evil a lot of the ME goverments wouldnt be so paranoid/secretive.

This is soooo off topic ......we're talking about the possibility that the U.S. would lose a war against Iran and what might happen.....to the U.S. , to Iran, a victor. Instead, we get some anti-american hate spewed forth. How can you blame Africa's problems on the U.S.? Because the U.S. doesn't do enough to help Africa? What about Iran? Does Iran send food and medical supplies to Africa? What about Europe? Why aren't they doing more in Africa to make up for the fact that, according to you, the U.S. does nothing?

[Mod Edit: shortened quote to relevent portion]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I come to tell you what will happen if US lost war against Iran.
First, Iran will have nuke then give nuke to Bin Lartin
Second, Bin lartin will have nuke
When Bin Lartin would have had nuke, He will nuke US
US have to nuke back Iran.
Because of China help Iran, Taiwan would get power to develop nuke before Japan
China will invade Taiwan as soon as they know Taiwan have few nuke.
Taiwan nuke bank China mainland.
At the end only two pole will be left in this world. one is Europe, the other is US.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What would happen if the US lost in a war with Iran?

Exactly the same as when they lost the fight in Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, etc, etc, etc...and of course Iraq...It would be declared a victory and depicted on the big screen in all its jingoistic glory by the Hollywoood pap-factory.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A reminder to members posting to this thread.

Please review the following link regarding Quoting on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Specifically,

If you engage in excessive quoting, you will receive a "warning" and points penalty. Examples of what would cause a warning for an excessive quote are:

Quote the post immediately before yours: This doesn't make much sense, but if you must quote the post before yours, please quote just a small portion.

Quoting an entire post: Size doesn't matter unless the post is already small, less than 3 sentences. You will receive a warning if you quote an entire post that exceeds four or more sentences.

Compound quoting: If you quote someone quoting someone, this will result in a penalty.

As with multiple topics, our concern is mainly for board readability and the overall user experience. Try to imagine yourself as a new users, and how frustrating it would be to constantly have to scroll through repeated material within message threads.

Please limit your quotes to the portion you are responding to, do NOT quote entire posts, and do NOT include prior [nested] quotes.

Thank you.

... and now back to the discussion.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
..... The japanese needed to be hit with two nukes and threatened with utter destruction before they gave unconditional surrender, and even then there was an agreement that the emperor was hands of.

The written above is completely misleading, the truth is, that the two nukes, are a memorial that sanctifies the barbaric actions of General Henry Arnold, who pressed Harry Truman to put on as a grand finale, even though Japan had announced its intentions to surrender(under terms) on August 10, this didn't deter the bloodthirsty Arnold, beacuse on August 14, after nuking Japan two times in 6 and 9, Arnold directed a 1,014 plane air raid on Tokyo, blasting the city to ruins and killing thousands. Not one American plane was lost, and the unconditional surrender was signed before the planes had returned to their bases.

In the Nygdan's quote, above, is given the idea that nukes were the only method to end the war, which is false.

Crustas

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
you all keep on writing about nukes and how your gonna drop them everywhere, why drop nukes its only gonna # everyone up, how can anyone trusts america with nukes anyway after hiroshima!!!! Plus im not amercan so i dont even understand why america wants to go to war with iran the most i heard about it was when i was living in turkey for a few months and all iran wouldnt do was clsoe a nucleur factory and the USA where having a big fuss over it! can someone plaese shed some light

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Within max. 30 years the US is of no importance anymore, the dollar will be replaced by the Euro, China will become the world's 'new' superpower and Europe's position remains the same.

I wouldn't assume that quite yet. If we completely lose our importance, it will be in nuclear war. China is growing rapidly, true, but the United States' power is its ability to get others to do what it wants them to, not its economics.

BTW, at least the war against Iran is probable and possibly imminent; the chances of the U.S. 'losing' or even more 'surrendering' a war to Iran is slim to none; I'd say around 1 to 100 billion. The U.S. hates losing; as previous posters have said, even if Iran had amassed lots of nukes and managed to "destroy" the majority of the U.S., the government would not surrender, but rather, decimate Iran with nuclear retaliation.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
...If we completely lose our importance, it will be nuclear war...

So U.S. impotence would result in nuclear holocaust...How Freudian!!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

An important aspect of this question is that the US is, somehow, brought to her knees and surrenders -- unconditionally.

I doubt this would happen. At best, Iran could only hope for a US troop withdrawal. It would take a miracle on their behalf to wipe out the US and bring them to their knees. So much destructive force would be brought to bear on an enemy during wartime before the US would surrender. Iran would be a smoldering wasteland. They could no longer sell any oil because it would all be radiologically contaminated.

I doubt that the US would take losing very well at all. They would be like the Russians during World War II. "Scorched Earth" would rule and everything would burn as they withdrew. If the entire country was against them, they would have no such notions of winning hearts and minds, as has occured during their latest soft wars.

I am not sure that Iran knows what they are doing. If we go to war with an entire country, not just the regime, write them all off because it will be VERY messy indeed. The world would be surprised at the ease with which cities could vanish in seconds. If the US got to the point of surrender, it would be at a cost so horrible that Iran would have a Pyrrhic victory at best.

Americans do something better than anything else... blow stuff up for fun. We INVENTED the fission bomb and then boosted it because it wasn't big enough. We also embraced "mutually assured destruction." In 2001, some ignorant people stated that "Americans have no belly for war." 5 years later, we are war mongers and empirialists.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikonaut

So U.S. impotence would result in nuclear holocaust...How Freudian!!

I won't deny that. I will say that the U.S. HATES losing things. That's why we would never surrender to Iran; we would just mass nuke them; regardless of whether they nuked our homeland or not. If we were somehow put in a losing position, that's how I believe we would react; nuclear holocaust as you said.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The U.S. is already dying a slow death by a thousand papercuts. U.S. Forces are spread thin in military bases around the globe. For every $1,000 dollars the "terrorists" spend in their jihad against the States, the U.S. spends 10 million. Iraq and Afghanistan are bleeding the U.S. economy dry to the tune of 20 billion a month. Inflation is rampent and foreigners can now buy American dollars for a 30% discount - but they're selling them instead (measured against a basket of world currencies). U.S. national debt is 12.4 trillion dollars. Household debt is 11.4 trillion. The U.S. owns 22% of the entire debt of the WHOLE WORLD (as in, they're supposed to pay it back).

Bin Laden and Al Quia'da are simply going to help bankrupt America like they helped bankrupt the Soviet Union.

The U.S. may have won battles, and may make a scene in Iran, but it won't win the war. She can't afford it.

-S

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Savonarola]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Savonarola
The U.S. may have won battles, and may make a scene in Iran, but it won't win the war. She can't afford it.

This may sound like a stupid reply, but the U.S. will FORCE herself to be able to afford it. The United States has no intentions of leaving Iraq; regardless of the costs. I'm almost starting to see it as a chance for the government to go shopping for new weappons.

Whatever. This war is making me angrier by the day.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I am not sure that Iran knows what they are doing. If we go to war with an entire country, not just the regime, write them all off because it will be VERY messy indeed. The world would be surprised at the ease with which cities could vanish in seconds. If the US got to the point of surrender, it would be at a cost so horrible that Iran would have a Pyrrhhic victory at best.

Very indeed! Someone would say US lost the Vietnam War, But they has never thought that Vietnam won be a posted country in 50-100 years.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savonarola

Afford it?

It costs nothing to launch an ICBM.

It depends on what you mean by "winning." If you mean millions of sensless Iranian dead, then YES the US will win. If you mean destroying the Iranian infrastructure, manufacturing capabilities, and throwing the country into near poverty because they have no more oil to sell due to contamination, then YES the US will win. If you mean making the wealthy people in power become poor because all their assets are blown up, then YES the US will win. If you mean destroying all the monuments and edifices which represent the rich Persian culture, then YES the US will win.

If you mean removing the spirit of the people to continue to fight, then NO the US will not win. As Emile also stated in this thread, Vietnam won the war, but at what cost? The US never surrendered. They withdrew. 10 years later at a cost of millions of Vietnamese lives and 54,000+ American lives. Is that really winning?

Regardless, I think this is a very dangerous thought. It will be a real tragedy if this war comes to fruition. No one wins in war. Money is thrown away on death and destruction, instead of life and creation. The only outcome is that people die needlessly.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
To the above poster with his anti-american drivel about the US losing all these wars, well I am sure that most if not all countries who lose a war would love to turn out like South Korea has. I mean what a terrible fate they suffered after they and the US lost to North Korea. North Korea is a workers paradise while the poor uneducated of south korea are left to toil in their energy deprived, mud huts right?

As for Vietnam, hey we lost that one no doubt. The US went straight downhill while the mighty Vietnam empire took over all of Asia....

Desert Storm. What a disaster that was for the US. I mean driving Iraq out of Kuwait after what 72 hours of ground warfare. What a disaster for the US. Then the secon Iraq War where we steamrolled over the Iraqi forces and sent saddam into hiding and eventual capture. What a terrible ordeal that was.

Now for the insurgency, I mean it is a real problem, but looking at US losses after 3 years, I cannot name any other war the US has fought in where after 3 YEARS the US death toll is less then 3000.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join