It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the US "LOST" in a war against Iran?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Since there are so threads asking questions about a "theoretical" war betwen the US and Iran, I could not but help note that, invariably, the US wins. But, consider this; What would happen if the US "lost the war against Iran?

An important aspect of this question is that the US is, somehow, brought to her knees and surrenders -- unconditionally. What would happen? What would Iran do? And, though not necessary to answer the question as posed, consider how Iran might "win" a war against the United States.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If Us is about to lose a war, he's gonna nuke everyone that he don't love. That's it. That's the way of thinking of US. If I die, i must bring all of them with me because i'm the best in the world...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If Us is about to lose a war, he's gonna nuke everyone that he don't love. That's it. That's the way of thinking of US. If I die, i must bring all of them with me because i'm the best in the world...

Taking everyone with you? Because you are the "best" in the world. By definition, you would NOT be the best in the world, would you? I mean, hey man, you lost!

What would you do if "they" won. The US, by some obvious fluke, loses the war with Iran and signs an unconditional surrender. How could this come to be? Well, what if Iran launched a nuclear attack and then, using some sort of discovery, is able to neutralize America's ability to launch a counterstrike. Perhaps they discover some sort of way to block US launch codes from being transmitted. I don't know....... but it's a question to ponder.

What if "we" LOST? What would happen? After all, to the victors go the spoils.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Iraq is subjugated to Iran rule; Iran becomes a dominant force in the middle east.

The west becomes polarized and then joins together for a second try. Russia and China stay mute as theor economies start to stall as well.

Iran is forced into submission.

Or we blow each other up.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yep unfortunately that is the sad cowardly logic of the average American...

What would happen if the US lost? Well the rest of the world could go back to helping Africa without the US always stopping them, the ME would be 100x more stable, millions of people in 3rd world countries would no longer have to slave away for pennies creating things all the greedy lazy americans want but cannot make themselves, oil would drop in price because there would be no doller tax.

To put it simply if the USA was wiped off the map with all its people the world would be so much better off. Sadly tho i cant see this happening unless Iran can manage to use AQ or some other militia to smuggle nukes into the US mainland.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Within max. 30 years the US is of no importance anymore, the dollar will be replaced by the Euro, China will become the world's 'new' superpower and Europe's position remains the same.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Within max. 30 years the US is of no importance anymore, the dollar will be replaced by the Euro, China will become the world's 'new' superpower and Europe's position remains the same.

This is all going to happen regardless. Except the US will still be the world's number 1 consumer. Hey, at least we'll still be number 1 at something!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It wouldn't stop the west from warring in that area again.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
This is all going to happen regardless. Except the US will still be the world's number 1 consumer. Hey, at least we'll still be number 1 at something!

We won’t have any money or credit left. We will still have the number 1 rating for the most brain dead idiots in the world thou. Our people are so dumb it’s scary.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

I take it that you are not American. I am an American. We are not all cowards. Please do not judge our entire country by the actions of its misguided government.

What would happen if the US lost? Well the rest of the world could go back to helping Africa without the US always stopping them, the ME would be 100x more stable, millions of people in 3rd world countries would no longer have to slave away for pennies creating things all the greedy lazy americans want but cannot make themselves, oil would drop in price because there would be no doller tax.

And all of the other countries could pick up the financial slack for taking care of disasters, etc. after the US is no more.

To put it simply if the USA was wiped off the map with all its people the world would be so much better off. Sadly tho i cant see this happening unless Iran can manage to use AQ or some other militia to smuggle nukes into the US mainland.

Hope you speak whatever language that the next superpower speaks.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
WOW alot of american hate from the "enlightened" ones.
kind of makes you wonder if anything we have ever done for our ungrateful allies was ever worth it since we seem to get a knife in the back for it.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
An important aspect of this question is that the US is, somehow, brought to her knees and surrenders -- unconditionally. What would happen?

Monkeys would certainly fly out of my butt.

Sorry, had to say it.

Sep

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
When Iran's king Shahpour, defeated the Romans, Rome was thrown into turmoil, but in the end survived, and Iran was recognized as the regional superpower (very simplified way to look at it to say the least), same thing would happen if the US lost.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

is that the US is, somehow, brought to her knees and surrenders -- unconditionally. What would happen?

An unconditional surrender is where you agree to any terms in exhange for the enemy to stop attacking you. The japanese needed to be hit with two nukes and threatened with utter destruction before they gave unconditional surrender, and even then there was an agreement that the emperor was hands of.

If the US unconditionally surrendered to Iran, then it'd deserve whatever it got.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I see US unconditional surrender as frankly impossible with Iran. Iran doesn't have the troops or the means to get them over to the US to cause a unconditional surrender. Even if they did the US nuclear arsenal alone would be the ultimate ace in the hole and would see Iran destoryed before any US unconditional surrender.

A much more realistic scenario is if the US lost a coventional war in Iran like they did in say Vietnam. In that case a Iran win causes the US to pack up and go home. Irans influence in the region would grow greatly as they would be the top dog in the middle east after such a victory.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Or the global economy would crash and everyone would beg for the economic stability the U.S. provided for the rest of the world. You obviously don't realize how much you depend on the world's only super power.

As for the "sad cowardly logic of the average american" remark: You're a moron.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Shadow, if iran went to war with the US, and the us got too embroiled and the causualities from insurgents were too high to warrant staying or whatever, then the US would back up and leave. However, Iran would've been demolished in the meantime. If the US left iraq, right now, the republican guard wouldn't reassemble, or at least its tanks and weapons would still be destryoded, along with iraq's command and control infrastructure. So instead of the Iraqi army, it'd be insurgeny groups.

Same with Iran, the US leaves, but the Revolutionary Guard is destroyed, their airforce is gone, their spec ops are dead, and their roads, bridges, power plants, chemical plants, nuke plants, are all destroyed. Iran would be split up between the kurds that are stil there, islamists, both internal and external, shia, sunni, seculalrists, democrats, generals, and zoroasterian militias. It'd loose power in the region more than anything. Iranian jihadis might get more prestige in the region, because they defeated the US, but they'd still be guerilla armies. Its why vietnamese weren't marching on indonesia or anything like that afterwards.

If the US left, there'd be a serious power vaccum from iraq to iran, and presumably afghanistan too, since hte jihadis would direct their attention there and the US would leave also. This would mean that they'd have to focus on other people, like the secular Baathists in syria, the jews, and perhaps mushharraf.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Obviously no chance of an 'unconditional surrender..but I can see a situation where the US would launch conventional air strikes (no way they will use nukes 1st!) and Iran fires back with missiles on US bases in Iraq and at US shipping in the gulk, US is forced into a cease fire after inflicting a degree of damage on Iran due to cost-benefit analysis, that would definently be viewed as a US defeat.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Lets see:

Massive reprisals against the American Muslim community, maybe even its annihilation.

The world moves towards complete multipolarity.

The is the beginning of a long pushback for the US in terms of its world power.

Economic depression or collaspe potentially.

Americans living poor, or without jobs could lead to internal breakdown in law and order.

If terrorism happens this would also cause chaos.

Patriot acts to be fully inacted, America to lose its democracy.

Israel in trouble with defeat of major ally.

No single nation can fund israel like america.

Pro-western leaders to fall or be severly pressured to work for and not against people.

Irans power to increase, but I don't see dominance. The Iranians would take a big hit, the Arabs are nationalistic and the Turks have their own power, and interest in the region. Especially northern Iraq.

Other big powers, including west also would still play a role in the regions future.

Could lead to battles between muslims. Internal civil war, as well as war between nations.

Or could see some kind of unified state, this could come immediately or after a big fight.

American power to be challenged in other parts of the world along with western power maybe?

World may suffer economically.

UN to become Supreme.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sorry to bust the bubble but to defeat the US. They would have to get here our land our country its easy to pull troops back if it gets too ugly..

And all the anti-war protests we would have here would just egg them on..
if you can just survive (not win) we pull out weve become a paper tiger just like they think.

They saw how it worked for the VC. In Vietnam...they were ready to give up till news footage of all those anti-war protest's by the "hippys"
then it was we just gotta last.

Worked in somalia... 1 good hit and we tuck n run.

AND THEY KNOW THAT !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join