It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wireless electricity and water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
if cmptr data can travel on air why can't we have wireless electricity and water??

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We do

One is radio (AM and FM)
The Other is rain.

Acutally..I remember something about Tesla, wanting to send electricity over the air..That made it esentially free...Edison was not interested in FREE..

You might want to google a bit, for the whole story..

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Actually, when computer data travels wirelessly (WLAN, etc) it is essentially wireless electricity, although I don't really like that term for it.

Wireless electricity is possible, it just isn't very efficient. It takes very large amounts of power to do so. Think of radio stations, cellphone towers or satellites, for example; they are sending out high-frequency electromagnetic waves that your radio or phone can pick up on a receiver. The sources are transmitting a lot of power, though, especially if you want to send it more than a very short distance away.

And yes, Tesla did do some work in this field, though from what I understand, he didn't get too far with it. Basically, the process is just too inefficient to be practical. Far from being free, it would be way more expensive than anything we have already.

I have no idea what you mean by 'wireless water', though... (unless I misunderstood something, as I strongly suspect)

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Oh, and the infamous RFID works like this, too. For passive RFID, the scanner provides power wirelessly to the chip to activate it. For active RFID, the chip itself is transmitting wirelessly.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
One is radio (AM and FM)
The Other is rain.

ROFL
Exact same thoughts I had!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ankscorek
if cmptr data can travel on air why can't we have wireless electricity and water??

Read serious posts above mine.

imo - Don't stand in a puddle of wireless water while playing with wireless electricity
Could'nt help myself!

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wireless electricity : AM FM band radio, Microwave transmitters, many others.
But theyre right, they arent efficient enough to use readily.
Not to mention a microwave transmitter is absolutely fatal if you get in the way... not something you want to be using to power your house... poor little birds.
I could be really mean and tell you to go out and buy a battery.

Wireless water?!... uh... ok? Where did that question come from?
I had no idea you could get water through a wire in the first place...
I guess you could look at teleportation as a delivery system... but... as it stands right now, you'll be looking at rain, and deliveries by truck.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by johnsky]

top topics

join