It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's hear the pope out on this one..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know alot of you are conspiritors towards the pope and "big church" ah la Vatican.. So I figured we could examine the upcoming "message to evil" the pope will give out this Good Friday.

The pope plans to rally that there are currently evil powers at bay in which grip the society of the world in a "Anti-Genesis". Basically, is he's saying something evil is here and we need to fix it ... ? Let's have some fun with this speech.. see where it goes and how many ways we could twist into world religion conspiracy.. Basically, we follow the speech, the press and the religious "Side Speeches" that may occur because of it.

I've read the footnotes of the speech here
www.timesonline.co.uk...

And they claim he's going to pray that evil of the world ..

Let's check it out.. may be a fun speech for us religious kooks ;p

Edit add: I'll see if I can find the time of the speech so we can all tune in..

[edit on 4/13/2006 by QuietSoul]

Dae

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I find myself agreeing with this bit:

Today a slick campaign of propaganda is spreading an inane apologia of evil, a senseless cult of Satan, a mindless desire for transgression, a dishonest and frivolous freedom, exalting impulsiveness, immorality and selfishness as if they were new heights of sophistication.”

I mean, all our desires and weakness AND strengths are being manipulated. There is no Freedom, just different degrees of slavery.

That word, apologia, had to look that up, it means "a formal written defense of something you believe in strongly" and inane is "empty, lacking sense" which I agree to as a great description for the "evil" taking place.

I would love to see some non religious types calling out for an end to this insanity too.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

At the Fourth Station, where Jesus is helped by Simon the Cyrene to carry the cross, Pope Benedict and his followers will pray: “Lord Jesus, our affluence is making us less human, our entertainment has become a drug, a source of alienation, and our society’s incessant, tedious message is an invitation to die of selfishness.”

One of the strongest meditations warns against the attack on the family. “Today we seem to be witnessing a kind of anti-Genesis, a counter-plan, a diabolical pride aimed at eliminating the family.”

At what station does he go on a rant about how the catholic church is enabling and protecting child-rapists??

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

our affluence is making us less human, our entertainment has become a drug, a source of alienation, and our society’s incessant, tedious message is an invitation to die of selfishness.”

This of course refers to the affluence,entertainment,and selfishness of the populace not that of the vatican and the RCC. They are exempt from these
prayers and speeches. It is of course a mortal sin (heresy) to question
the Revealed truths of the church.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
well as for me i truely think the pope and all of that deals with the pope are all in it the downfall of the people i got this from my readings and so forth.
Man i also heard the pope that just died was'nt such a good boy as we think! Does any one know of his doings before he became part of the vatitcan?

dont mind the misspells

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

inane is "empty, lacking sense"

I just found the best word to describe the bible

But seriously, this is a load of crap.

Particular condemnation is reserved for scientific advances in the field of genetic manipulation. Warning against the move to “modify the very grammar of life as planned and willed by God”

Wow he is coming right out and saying it, religion IS a roadblock for human advancement. This speech is going to encourage more violent attacks on abortion clinics and stem cell research facilities. I say the pope should be brought up on conspiracy to commit murder.

Here the pope is preaching to the world to change itself when frankly less than half the world cares what this self-proclaimed "entity of unquestioned authority" has to say.

top topics

join